• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucka_Punch

Effective tomorrow, I will be putting up a new rule that cracks down on users with new alts who try to join. The full details will be in the submitted post 5/27/2014 as soon as I get home.

l0l is this even a problem ?_?

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
l0l is this even a problem ?_?

In one word. Yes.

Effective immediately:

Going forward, any username that was created less than a month after the account creation date and having no posts listed in their activity or any user who creates an account on the same day that the account was made with a post count of 0 will not be accepted. The user must also have at least 10 posts in any thread throughout the forum with the posts actually containing substance. It's pretty obvious when a user posts things just to gain a post count. This is to prevent potential alts and trolls from joining. If a new user was referred by at least two people from within the clan, he or she may be accepted, but first myself or scuba will run a background check to see if the user in question is an actual user of whom anyone might know or recognize.

Last edited:

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Getting back to the CCAT, Here are my suggestions for our final three Pokemon

302.png

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye not only gives our team a spinblocker, but can also prevent Defog through smart switching and Prankster Taunt. Priority Will-o-wisp allows Sableye to neutralize most physical attackers, while Recover is its needed recovery. In addition, Sableye has pretty good synergy with Aggron and Florges, resisting the Fighting and Poison-type moves that hit them respectively. Finally, Sableye helps prevent our team from being swept by Crcune (Suicune with CM, Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk).

121.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Ice Beam / Psyshock

Starmie allows us to clear hazards away from our side of the field without removing the hazards that we set. In addition, its high speed allows it to be an emergency check to Pokemon like CB Darmanitan in case Mega-Aggron and Rotom-H are weakened. Scald is STAB, while Ice Beam or Psyshock gives Starmie good coverage. The given EVs maximize Starmie's bulk while allowing it to outspeed base 108s.

chesnaught.png

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Hammer Arm
- Roar / Leech Seed / Spiky Shield

Chesnaught completes a Fire-Water-Grass core, while providing important Water, Ground, and Rock, and Dark-type resistances. It's great physical bulk allows it to check common physical attackers such as Sharpedo, while being able tank U-turns with ease. Spikes gives us entry hazards, Synthesis is for recovery, Hammer Arm is STAB. The last slot is can be changed as we test the team - Roar, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield are all good options.

Utopian

faults & feats
In one word. Yes.

Effective immediately:

Going forward, any username that was created less than a month after the account creation date and having no posts listed in their activity or any user who creates an account on the same day that the account was made with a post count of 0 will not be accepted. The user must also have at least 10 posts in any thread throughout the forum with the posts actually containing substance. It's pretty obvious when a user posts things just to gain a post count. This is to prevent potential alts and trolls from joining. If a new user was referred by at least two people from within the clan, he or she may be accepted, but first myself or scuba will run a background check to see if the user in question is an actual user of whom anyone might know or recognize.

yee i requested this rule indirectly when i first joined

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Sorry on my personal behalf. I've been busy with school,work, and dealing with being ever-so-tired :c I've also been on a huge mental hiatus for these past few days, but I've worked my noggin' to produce the next 3-suggested units for our team ~

So without further hesitation, le units:

mew_sprite_by_kowaibakeofdoom-d5khxt0.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 232 HP / 52 SAtk / 156 SDef / 68 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Defog/Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Why this pokemon? While recently playing in the XY UU tier, I’ve found out how much of a threat both Nidoking and Nidoqueen pose. Life Orb sheer force sludge wave hits like a truck. It does around 45 percent to even near max sp.def invested and max hp Mantine. The EVs prevent Mew from being 2HKO’d by the Nidos’ ruthless special attacks. The EVs in sp.atk allow it to get the 1HKO on them. Defog, I do admit is counterproductive to the team, but it can come in handy when versing opposing hazards, especially on a hyper-offensive type of team. Taunt can also (most likely should) be used to prevent things such as Forretress from laying out multiple hazards (stealth rocks and stacked spikes). Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple things such as Crawdaunt or Doublades who enjoy setting up with Swords Dance.

ChesnaughtFront.gif

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Seed

Why this pokemon? Chesnaught has nice synergy with Mega Aggron and Rotom-H. If Mega Aggron wants to be effective with dragon tail, it wants stacked hazards to take moderate amounts of HP off of the opponent’s team to make them fall into KO range. With Chesnaught, it can take ground moves effectively and leech seed the opposing pokemon to gain back HP for it or its teammates. Spiky Shield has a ton of merits, most notably the ability to scout the opponent’s next action or move set while also dishing out damage to any pokemon that tries to make contact with it. The combination of spiky shield+leech seed keeps the opponent at bay while either forcing them to switch out or allowing the user to safely send in another pokemon to deal with the corresponding threat.

Suicune_sprite_by_mvidmaster.png

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Why this pokemon? Adding in Suicune (or any decent-bulky water type) creates the extremely solid Fire-Water-Grass core. Suicune can benefit from the leech seed support provided by Chesnaught to help make setting up more easily. Calm Mind Suicune handles Mega Houndoom and Chandleure, both of whom have a variety of moves at their disposal that hits our main core for super effective damage. If in the event we lose Florges, Suicune can sponge up Weavile’s attacks and attack back with scald, possibly even burning them in the process.

~~~​

Remember! Anyone can vote on a single pokemon or all 3 from any of the suggested 3 pokemon.

Last edited:
Ohmagsoh! IRra you truly picked the best stall UU mon Suicune go!

Summary: voting for Irra wilst being very ahppy about it.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Also apologizing for my absence, school ended, flew back halfway across the country, and started my new job, while still working my old one. I am with the majority of the peeps here and voting for Irra's. Mew is cool and Suicune is Suicunlicious

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
I'm voting Irra's to flow with the crowd, but gonna post a set so people have something more to look at then just a wall of "vote for Irra".

Slowbro @ Leftovers
80.png

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Goodra @ Rocky Helmet
goodra.png

Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Acid Armor
- Dragon Pulse
- Infestation
- Flamethrower

Roserade @ Black Sludge
410.png

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 SDef / 252 HP / 120 Def
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Rest

Slowbro cause Calm Mind plus it's defense is pretty rad, just add water Scald.
Goodra to give the team some attacking ability but still mess with the opponent. Acid Armor + Rocky Helmet + Gooey = teh lulz.
Roserade for Spikes. Natural Cure + Rest + Slowbro's Regenerator = moar lulz.
Also gives the team a fire-water-grass and steel-fairy-dragon. Iz good no?

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Unless someone else brings something more promising to the table, I vote for Sir Niner Steak's suggestions. Roserade's typing goes well with Rotom-H and Mega Aggron and is able to get the hazards necessary up to make Aggron's shuffling more successful. Slowbro's high defenses make it easy to sponge up attacks from the likes of Darmanitan and with calm mind boosts, It's better able to withstand attacks from the special spectrum. I have my reserves about the chosen set for Goodra, but I like the idea of having a bulky dragon with naturally high special defense. The problem with the proposed set from Steak is that although it's fun to boost physical defense with curse, it lacks recovery. I could see that set being more prominent on a rain team where the user can rest-hydration off the damage, but not for a weather-less style team. The only means of recovery for that set is from Florges' wish passing which completely defeats the purpose of setting up with curse :c. I'm almost positive that, that set will either turn into Rest-Talk or Assault Vest-4 attacks..with all of this said, unfortunately Goodra isn't even UU*

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I don't think Goodra is even UU >.<

Anyways, just going to join the bandwagon of voting for Irra's mons. Mostly cuz Suicune and Mew are cute

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Update:

For our bi-weekly agenda, I've realized that two weeks is definitely not enough for a CCaT, so scuba and myself plan to change the format for it the next time we decide to do one. Dragonicwari, Scuba, and myself are whipping up a stellar idea for our major tournament which will last a month. With this in mind, the agenda for these next two weeks (6/2/2014 - 6/15/2014) are the continuation with the CCaT, mini-tours (assuming a good amount of us are present) and eventually the start of our upcoming tournament which will last a month.*

Status
Not open for further replies.