• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
You're most welcome :]

I've read Wari's post about the Deos being up for suspecting. What are everyone's thoughts on them. Individually of course.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
General thoughts: (will update more thoroughly later):

Deo S (may copy/paste what I posted on Smogon, it survived a few sweeps by mods deleting posts so it can't be too bad): Is far too versatile and does every single one of its jobs at an A ranking at the worst. If it was even slightly predictable I would not be for banning it.

Deo D: the mon that got me into stall even though it was never meant for stall. I really hope it isn't banned but from what I've heard it is still too good at its job at hazard stacking and basically gets to choose its *counters* so I can see it getting banned.

Capricornus

King of the Seas
I honestly think Deo S isn't that useful. I've never really used it, so I can't say from a "user's" perspective, but Deo S is really way too frail to set up or set screens. Honestly, Deo S usually sets up only one thing, survives a hit via sash, and then dies by priority. If it did get banned, I would understand why, but I personally don't think it's "good enough" to be banned.

I like Deo D. Its pretty dang bulky, so can stay in for a longer time to stack hazards and screens and such, and can also stall/wall pretty well. I can see it being banned.

Sucka_Punch

Hi guys x] just making a nice n ez activity post. Haven't been playing mons much recently. I've been more into yugioh now though, I'm about to burn >150$ on some select cards from a website for my deck and that's just making me sad x[. Anywho hopefully i can get myself back into battling a bit before I go back for military training.

ShyOctopus

pixel maniac
I think I'll do an activity post as well! I signed up for the battle league on Bulbagarden and got my first win, so I'm stoked!! They weren't expecting my scarfed Gardevoir apparently ahahahaha.

Young_Simba

HTML Code:
User Name: Young_Simba (Might change soon)
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: Uh I'm not ready for competitive just yet (sort of busy ATM)
Reason for Joining: Wanna make new friends/ This looks like a good first guild
Referred by: N/A
Timezone (in GMT: GMT -5
Battle Experience (0-10): 2.5 lol I haven't been into competitive in over a year.
Additional Comments?: I'm new to the forums. This is my first guild. I just wanna make friends and have fun. I'll get into battling as soon as school finishes and over the summer. I like food. C:
Hope I can join.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
HTML Code:
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: Uh I'm not ready for competitive just yet (sort of busy ATM)
Battle Experience (0-10): 2.5 lol I haven't been into competitive in over a year.
Additional Comments?: I'm new to the forums. This is my first guild. I just wanna make friends and have fun. I'll get into battling as soon as school finishes and over the summer. I like food. C:
Hope I can join.

Accepted! Welcome to the guild.

@Shy: Bahahaha!!! Scarf voir sounds very unorthodox to me, but it's sets like that, that get the surprise upper-hand in virtually almost any match. Congratz to your first win in that league!

@Sucka: I'm a bit out of touch with pokes myself :c but I'm sure our tour and upcoming games such as ORAS will get me back in the loop. It seems to have sparked some life in my older sibling. What type of deck are you working on if I might ask?

@Cherche: There isn't a doubt in my mind that you would not make reqs :3 BTW! You never told me if you want teams sent to you via xat or serebii pm~

..I was too tired to give my thoughts about the Deos last night, but I personally feel that Deoxy-D(efense) is more of a prominent threat than its speedy counterpart (Deo-S) The bulk and not-too-shabby speed allows it to get off hazards with relative ease and the held-item of choice makes it hard for any player when deciding their course of action. Mental Herb allows it to bypass Taunt one time and allows Deo to Taunt the opposing pokemon, allowing for Deo to set-up its hazards. Red Card ruins virtually any set-up mon by switching out the opposing poke once contact has been made. Deo-S(peed), least to me, isn't as much as a threat/issue as Deo-D simply due to its semi-frail defenses. It needs max hp or a focus sash in order to survive super effective or even strong assaults. Now despite how I feel, I can see why it could go back into ubers. 180 base speed is essentially like having a scarf'd pokemon, BUT WITHOUT THE SCARF!!! It can outspeed things such as scarf landorus-therian and ko it with ice beam. Deo-S is fast enough to get up hazards without being too afraid of being taunted (since it is faster than all taunt users not named prankster-mons). It can kill things such as scarf landorus and lay out multiple hazards, what?! With an amazing move-pool, high speed, and a ton of items that function well with it at its disposal, it's hard for the opponent to establish what set it is running until the first move is made. Deo-Speed's dual screen set is one of many sets that benefit pokemon who enjoy setting up. A player can choose to use a screen first..then for the second..or even first turn, use taunt to prevent it from being shut down by the opponent's pokemon. Stealth Rocks work well on this set as it breaks a mons' focus sash or ability such as multi-scale. The Life Orb set works well as Stealth Rocks+3 attacks or an all out attacker (4-attacks). Lately a lot of users have been packing Knock-Off to nail incoming Aeigslash switch-ins. Deoxys-Speed has just too much going for it that no matter what the opponent does, they're at a slight disadvantage because of the wide array of options Deo has. The thought of the unseen and unknowing could very well determine the win condition in a match as deo-s is going to place immense pressure on a player's team via hazards or take out a pokemon if the player chooses to go the offensive route. So, yeah! These are just my thoughts and opinions on them. There's a lot more I could say about the deos, given their versatility and unpredictability, but these are the main reasons that pop into my head whenever I see them both being brought up~

Last edited:

Cherche

Banned
HTML Code:
Hope I can join.

Welcome to the guild, my friend.

Young_Simba

Happy to be here guys!
Can anybody let me know what's the best time to get on the guild xat? Like what time are you guys usually on. (Going by Eastern time zone)

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Hum. Hum. I think most of us have jobs/summer jobs as of late. But! It depends really. I would say now is actually a good time ..7-9 PM EST is pretty active. I work weird hours, so I'm not sure about activity during the earlier hours.

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
User Name: LuringMaster
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: Touymato / Various Alts
Reason for Joining: A chance to be with players of or near my caliber~
Referred by: Cherche
Battle Experience (0-10): 8.5
Additional Comments?: N/a

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild

Accepted! Welcome to the guild!

...For anyone who wishes to take part in our first major clan-tournament, the deadline to sign-up is tonight at 11:59 PM EST. 6/25/2014.

ger9119

User Name: Ger
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: I have way too many Alts
Reason for Joining: Because i want to, want to be apart of the war team.
Referred by:
Timezone (in GMT: -5?
Battle Experience (0-10): 10/10
Additional Comments?:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Referred by:
Additional Comments?:

Accepted! Welcome to the guild ~ Also! It is indeed -5 GMT for you. Please consult with Dragonicwari for a test match to potentially be on our war team.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
HTML Code:
Hope I can join.

Referred by:
Additional Comments?:

Welcome to all three of you :) If you want to join the war team: vm/pm/meet me on xat for testing. I won't be testing tonight due to just being overly tired but I should be available the rest of the week besides Saturday.

Also, for anyone not sure you can check your gmt at the bottom of any Serebii page. Note that your gmt changes during daylight savings.

Accepted! Welcome to the guild!

...For anyone who wishes to take part in our first major clan-tournament, the deadline to sign-up is tonight at 11:59 PM EST. 6/25/2014.

Yaaaaay the tournament is finally happening x)

Cherche

Banned

Referred by:
Additional Comments?:

Welcome to the guild you two.

User Name: ClayFighter
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: ClayFighter, Admiral Clay, etc.
Reason for Joining: Cuz this guild is cute as a toot
Referred by: Irra, I suppose.
Timezone (in GMT): GMT-4
Battle Experience (0-10): 5 or 6
Additional Comments?: Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Status
Not open for further replies.