• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Semi-random to note, but I'm almost inclined to bring VGC into OU. Perish Song Azumarill is pretty good IMO at ruining sweeps thanks to its fabulous typing... I think bulky offense has less usage this gen as opposed to last gen where it was more or less the most common play-style used. Bulky SD Scizor is amazing and synergizes well with a lot of pokemon. Especially AV Azumarill/Azumarill. Your core is extremely solid and paired with tar or heatran, it's even harder to break. Nice, creative sets/ideas, Cherche ~.

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
While I'm horrible at trying new things, I broke down and bred myself a Greninja for use in the Battle Maison, even though I try and avoid heavy OU pokes. I did make a semistall Vaporeon that has done me well so far with Wish, Aqua Ring, and Leftovers. It gets even better in multis where its partner just spams Surf. It goes great with my Gliscor, and as a matter of fact, Vaporeon hasn't lost a battle once.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
With such high hp and sp.def, Vaporeon can take a few hits..and as you mentioned with aqua ring+leftovers, it only heightens its survivability. Aqua ring could probably be an alternative to wish if you want to be more of a tank-like sweeper. Have you ever tried Empoleon with gliscor before? o: It's more DPP era than anything, but now that Emp has defog and sand veil is allowed for gliscor, gliscor can come in on a fighting attack that Emp is afraid of and set up behind a substitute. It can even deal with some unsuspecting electric types to a degree as well. 95 base speed is really good. Just fast enough to out-speed the likes of jollly Excadrill and the bugs (Hera+Pinsir) before they mega evolve.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Finally tried out Breloom in the current meta. Not going to lie it's better than I honestly expected, quite possibly better than I found it in gen 5. Might try out the Hp ice variant some friends were joking about on a xat a few months back.

Cherche

Banned
I would like to take this moment to introduce something completely underrated.

alakazam-mega.gif

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard -> Trace
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Mega Alakazam really got lucky by getting Trace as its ability, as it is now able to copy Sheer Force & Protean, making it that much more deadly in the meta. His Special Attack is now jacked up to well over 400, which is enough to overwhelm most of the current meta, 2HKOing most Specially Defensive Pokémon, which is quite a feat for any specially oriented Pokémon. Taunt is just the icing on the cake, easily shutting down Chansey. I'll post some damage calculations sometime later, showing the absolute sheer power.

725roy

ambivolent
Hi. I'm like a cancer. Every clan I join dies within like 2 months :)

User Name: 725roy
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: 725roy/Aparri/EllieHendrix and others.
Reason for Joining: Because I'm a huge scrub
Referred by: Irra
Timezone (in GMT: -5 right now, -6 during Standard hours
Battle Experience (0-10): 7-8. I haven't played in a while though so I need to get that rust off me.
Additional Comments?: No.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild

Battle Experience (0-10): 7-8. I haven't played in a while though so I need to get that rust off me.

Let us be the founding cure for survival. Accepted! Welcome aboard.

Cherche

Banned

Welcome to the guild, allow my waterproof tea to be the catchall cure.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Just wanted to say, Happy Murica day to all you Americans and anyone else who celebrates :)

Now then, I need to make a Braviary team to celebrate >.>

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Just wanted to say, Happy Murica day to all you Americans and anyone else who celebrates :)

Now then, I need to make a Braviary team to celebrate >.>

Happy 4th of July, Wari, Everyone!~

Does anyone have any plans for today? If so, what are some of them? For me, if the rain lets up, I want to go down to a park near me and enjoy some fireworks :)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
My grandparents decided it'd be cool to have a barbeque in the pouring rain, was easily the dryest of fourths for us (/sarcasm here)

Also, Team Braviary works as well as any other RU team does for me x) however I have a huge delphox weakness it appears >.>

Cherche

Banned
Hey guys, just dropping in to say that I'm taking a vacation down to Miami this August for about two weeks, so I may or may not have spotty activity during that time. I'll be sure to be active every day till then. Leaving on the morning of the ~12th.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Hey guys, just dropping in to say that I'm taking a vacation down to Miami this August for about two weeks, so I may or may not have spotty activity during that time. I'll be sure to be active every day till then. Leaving on the morning of the ~12th.

Quite the busy bee you are. Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen! Not only is it good for preventing burns, but it also prevents wrinkles :). I haven't forgotten about your teams btw. I'm sort of holding off on which ones to give you since I don't want to see you slump again >: The meta is so stale to me right now, that I'm using all kinds of weird things. Like Magcargo (it actually has some uses). I haven't been following wcop really, but I'm sure there is some innovation going on like there was during spl. I'll have to look more in-depth into the matches when I get some time for myself.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Back from vacation :)

Have fun in Miami!

Quite the busy bee you are. Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen! Not only is it good for preventing burns, but it also prevents wrinkles :). I haven't forgotten about your teams btw. I'm sort of holding off on which ones to give you since I don't want to see you slump again >: The meta is so stale to me right now, that I'm using all kinds of weird things. Like Magcargo (it actually has some uses). I haven't been following wcop really, but I'm sure there is some innovation going on like there was during spl. I'll have to look more in-depth into the matches when I get some time for myself.

Magcargo sounds really interesting.

For wcop, it looks like Raikou and Alomamola are getting a lot of use. Raikou checks Thunderus, and its good speed lets it hit Latios, and Keldeo before they can strike back. Alomamola is actually quite bulky and can beat many of the ground-types in this meta (Lando-T, Hippo, Excadrill) - Regenerator makes it very hard to beat.
Excadrill and Thunderus are popular as usual. Mega-mawile and Mamoswine have seen a lot of use I think.

ger9119

Have fun in Miami!

Magcargo sounds really interesting.

For wcop, it looks like Raikou and Alomamola are getting a lot of use. Raikou checks Thunderus, and its good speed lets it hit Latios, and Keldeo before they can strike back. Alomamola is actually quite bulky and can beat many of the ground-types in this meta (Lando-T, Hippo, Excadrill) - Regenerator makes it very hard to beat.
Excadrill and Thunderus are popular as usual. Mega-mawile and Mamoswine have seen a lot of use I think.

Alomamola is really good I used it a bunch already, I haven't gotten into Raikou yet i'm assuming Assault Vest is what's going around?

Cherche

Banned
diggersby.gif

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

I saw this set all around Smogon & decided to showcase it here as well. Now the downfall of Diggersby is that it's a liability against offensive teams due his poor bulk & middling speed, as opposed to its performance against slower, more defensive paced teams. This set helps offset that, as with a Focus Sash + SD set, Diggersby is guaranteed at least one or two kills per game. Swords Dance boosts Diggersby's Attack to a ridiculous 928, enough to KO just about the entire meta. Return & Earthquake are the main STAB moves here, getting solid coverage on most of the meta, while Quick Attack is used to pick off faster / weakened threats. This set is used as an Early to Midgame sweeper, opening holes for another sweeper to clean up, or as a late-game cleaner, if Focus Sash is still intact to easily sweep even a slightly weakened offensive team. Solid teammates to this set are Choice Scarf Tyranitar & Bisharp for Pursuit support, taking out Gengar. Healing Wish Latias is also an excellent teammate, giving Diggersby a second life & another chance to sweep should it's sweep be stopped at any time during the match. As usual, entry hazards are appreciated to get more KOs.

Also, this Damage Calculation demonstrates the power.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-187 (47.9 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

ger9119

46419.gif

Milotic (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Here's one of my favorite mons i've used this gen in OU

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
If you like AV Raikou for Greninja, I suggest giving AV Kyurem-Black a try ~ Not only does it take Gren's attacks like a champ, but it also can live some special oriented dragon attacks from the likes of Latios (Draco Meteor). Magcargo is an interesting specimen indeed. It's basically an inferior Heatran with the roles/sets it uses, but it has moves and abilities that give it, its own niche in the OU environment. It's allowed to use FLAME BODY. Perfect if you want to score a potential burn on the likes of Scizor. Memento can prove beneficial to an offensive team that dislikes threats such as Talonflame as Mag's typing can handle or scare out the bird, making it easier to pull off the memento for your set-up.....I've tried SD Sash Diggers before, but personally found SD+LO to net more kills. Not to say the sash SD variant can't get just as many KO's, but against pressurized teams, it's sometimes hard to remove hazards and the little added extra power provided from LO really shows in some situations. I think that particular set and item works best as a lead. Very similar to how Lead SD Garchomp works, but Diggers gets priority and huge power, making it even more deadly. Bahaha!!~ I've been using Alomamola in OU before it was even popularized in the current WCOP. JS. It's really good and underrated. My friend, Ed, topped NU loads of times with an Aloma team. It can sponge up physical hits extremely well and can cripple the opponent with burn or toxic as well as providing wish passes. I used Aloma in XY OU alongside Mega Ttar and Amoongus. This core was extremely difficult for the opponent to break and each mon covered the other mon's weakness/es fantastically....I never tried Milotic in XY OU yet, but with its amazing bulk and high sp.atk, I can see it putting in work against unprepared teams. I would pair Milotic with the likes of Mega Manectric /Mega Ttar/or MVenu. It works well with any of them~

If anyone needs or wants calculations for anything I said in this post, let me kknow-

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
diggersby.gif

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

I saw this set all around Smogon & decided to showcase it here as well. Now the downfall of Diggersby is that it's a liability against offensive teams due his poor bulk & middling speed, as opposed to its performance against slower, more defensive paced teams. This set helps offset that, as with a Focus Sash + SD set, Diggersby is guaranteed at least one or two kills per game. Swords Dance boosts Diggersby's Attack to a ridiculous 928, enough to KO just about the entire meta. Return & Earthquake are the main STAB moves here, getting solid coverage on most of the meta, while Quick Attack is used to pick off faster / weakened threats. This set is used as an Early to Midgame sweeper, opening holes for another sweeper to clean up, or as a late-game cleaner, if Focus Sash is still intact to easily sweep even a slightly weakened offensive team. Solid teammates to this set are Choice Scarf Tyranitar & Bisharp for Pursuit support, taking out Gengar. Healing Wish Latias is also an excellent teammate, giving Diggersby a second life & another chance to sweep should it's sweep be stopped at any time during the match. As usual, entry hazards are appreciated to get more KOs.

Also, this Damage Calculation demonstrates the power.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-187 (47.9 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The life orb calc on a sash set though ;p

Kinda want to try running that alongside Nasty Plot Thundurus even though offensive teams aren't my preference these days... It just looks really fun to me >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.