• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Scuba and myself realized that the default rank required points to obtain it. Upon this realization, we've removed the points from the first rank and made the 2nd rank go from 20 wins down to 15 wins.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Testing for joining the War Team is over for today. The following applicants are accepted onto the war team:

Irrationality:
Has displayed consistent knowledge of the metagame and that is the main reason she deserves to be on the war team.

Cherche

Banned
Testing for joining the War Team is over for today. The following applicants are accepted onto the war team:

Irrationality:
Has displayed consistent knowledge of the metagame and that is the main reason she deserves to be on the war team.

Congrats, Irrationality!

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Can't connect to any xat at all right now, so please excuse my inactivity on xat.

I should be available for testing on Thursday and Sunday this week if anyone is interested and hasn't been tested to be on the war team.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Who thinks we are ready for a war?

Moonclawz:

Displayed competency against any playstyle brought before him and is why he deserves to be on the war team.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
We should really do something to drum activity, I'm sure there's more than just a slow start.

It's more so due to the fact that people are taking priority within the xat instead of the actual thread. When it should really be the other way around. What do you propose, Steak? :]

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I dunno, how does the idea of a CCAT sound?

It was discussed that we would do one for our big active movement. Perhaps 2 weeks is too long to accomplish our objectives? Scuba and I can re-work the system, but collectively as a clan, I would like to know everyone's opinion. Remember everyone! We aren't just limited to the things we do as a clan! General discussion and the likes is encouraged. I'm actually trying to think of something relating to the current meta-game that we can all discuss.

Cherche

Banned
Alright, in order to spike activity, I'm going to go ahead & post one topic per week that was can discuss.

Current Metagame Trends: The topic up for discussion for this week is talking about what's trending currently in the meta, what Pokémon & Sets are coming popular, & the reasons behind them. This will keep us updated on what's going on in the meta so we can keep up as the meta shifts drastically & radically. To make an example out of a couple 'Mons, I would like to highlight the following three Pokémon: Landorus-I, Azumarill, & Mega Charizard X. In the case of Landorus-I, Knock Off is becoming much more popular on it due to the rise of stall teams in the meta. This helps Landorus handle stall & more in particular, Chansey, which is a huge problem for him, much, much easier. Staying on the topic of Landorus-I, Stealth Rock is becoming more & more common on him on his standard set, allowing him to support his team with hazards while still being a potent offensive force in OU. The Hidden Power nerf of Gen 6 really hurt Landorus, but despite that, he can run Psychic in place of it allowing him to get much more coverage on most of the meta. Azumarill will be the next Pokémon in this example, as the Assault Vest set is becoming much more common on it, allowing it to handle a various amount of OU threats, including Keldeo, Greninja, dealing huge damage to them with a powerful STAB Play Rough, while taking almost no damage in return (Keldeo fails to deal any significant damage at all, while the best Greninja can do is run Grass Knot). Assault Vest Azumarill can produce a lot of offensive pressure by the use of Knock Off, making it even harder to KO, helping against stall by removing their precious Leftovers & Chansey's Eviolite, helping the rest of the team break through it much easier. Finally, our last example Pokémon is a huge threat in Mega Charizard X. Now, while Mega Charizard X is usually seen as a devastating set up sweeper, another set is becoming popular in the Bulky Will-O-Wisp set, allowing it to spread burns throughout the opposing team while also being an excellent defensive pivot, being able to tank hits & open up sweeps by removing certain walls by using its potent two move combination.

In conclusion, either discuss the example Pokémon or share your experiences with some new trends you've been seeing. Have fun & happy discussing!

Last edited:

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
I'm seeing a bit more Terrakion, specifically the Choice Band set. CM Terrakion has an insane amount of power and excellent coverage with Close Combat and Stone Edge. In addition, its good speed allows it to outpace a large amount of the metagame, tying with Keldeo. These qualities allow Terrakion to be a powerful hole-puncher, taking down common Pokemon such as Heatran and Tyranitar while doing around 70-80% to Pokemon that don't resist its STABs, making Terrakion very difficult to switch-into. Finally, Terrakion rarely ran Earthquake last gen, but this gen, most Terrakion run Earthquake to hit Aegislash for super-effective damage.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I'm seeing a bit more Terrakion, specifically the Choice Band set. CM Terrakion has an insane amount of power and excellent coverage with Close Combat and Stone Edge. In addition, its good speed allows it to outpace a large amount of the metagame, tying with Keldeo. These qualities allow Terrakion to be a powerful hole-puncher, taking down common Pokemon such as Heatran and Tyranitar while doing around 70-80% to Pokemon that don't resist its STABs, making Terrakion very difficult to switch-into. Finally, Terrakion rarely ran Earthquake last gen, but this gen, most Terrakion run Earthquake to hit Aegislash for super-effective damage.

Quite interesting. Choice Band definitely smashes holes in teams, but I feel life orb has more benefits this gen. Not being locked into an attack such as Close Combat when versing Aeigslashes could be sort of a game breaker if Aeig is around half-hp or so. With the orb' set, it gives versatility when putting dents into stall teams. I personally even like to give LO Rak stealth rocks as its sheer strength forces a lot of switches (pressure :c)
--------------------------------
A new-not-so-new trend I have personally have been seeing is Sand Veil Garchomp. The evasion land shark is back, people! And for good reason. With a new generation of pokemon, it brings new possibilities. This generation only evasion +/- moves aren't allowed. So people have forgotten or quite possibly overlooked it. Pokemon such as Damp Rock Tyranitar and Thunder Wave Thundurus-I work amazingly with it. Increased number of turns provided from Damp Rock (8>5 turns) and the ability to trap the Latis makes using the substitute set a top choice. With Thundurus-I using paralyze support, it's easier for Garchomp to get behind a substitute and set up. Giving Garchomp a bright powder increases its evasion even further, making it near impossible to land any sort of hit. It's quite sad when the opponent loses their mons that can handle it because they missed an attack. Dragon Claw over Outrage. Least in my opinion. It prevents a player from being locked into fairies and steels, so you can pummel them with Earthquake. The 'surprise' factor is what makes this set/mon/core so deadly. Garchomp has a ton of viable sets it can run, and even while slowly becoming the next common trend, it's still hard to tell what set someone is using until it uses substitute.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Alright, in order to spike activity, I'm going to go ahead & post one topic per week that was can discuss.

Current Metagame Trends: The topic up for discussion for this week is talking about what's trending currently in the meta, what Pokémon & Sets are coming popular, & the reasons behind them. This will keep us updated on what's going on in the meta so we can keep up as the meta shifts drastically & radically. To make an example out of a couple 'Mons, I would like to highlight the following three Pokémon: Landorus-I, Azumarill, & Mega Charizard X. In the case of Landorus-I, Knock Off is becoming much more popular on it due to the rise of stall teams in the meta. This helps Landorus handle stall & more in particular, Chansey, which is a huge problem for him, much, much easier. Staying on the topic of Landorus-I, Stealth Rock is becoming more & more common on him on his standard set, allowing him to support his team with hazards while still being a potent offensive force in OU. The Hidden Power nerf of Gen 6 really hurt Landorus, but despite that, he can run Psychic in place of it allowing him to get much more coverage on most of the meta. Azumarill will be the next Pokémon in this example, as the Assault Vest set is becoming much more common on it, allowing it to handle a various amount of OU threats, including Keldeo, Greninja, dealing huge damage to them with a powerful STAB Play Rough, while taking almost no damage in return (Keldeo fails to deal any significant damage at all, while the best Greninja can do is run Grass Knot). Assault Vest Azumarill can produce a lot of offensive pressure by the use of Knock Off, making it even harder to KO, helping against stall by removing their precious Leftovers & Chansey's Eviolite, helping the rest of the team break through it much easier. Finally, our last example Pokémon is a huge threat in Mega Charizard X. Now, while Mega Charizard X is usually seen as a devastating set up sweeper, another set is becoming popular in the Bulky Will-O-Wisp set, allowing it to spread burns throughout the opposing team while also being an excellent defensive pivot, being able to tank hits & open up sweeps by removing certain walls by using its potent two move combination.

In conclusion, either discuss the example Pokémon or share your experiences with some new trends you've been seeing. Have fun & happy discussing!

Just something to note, that Mega Zard threat Ciel was talking about his hard walled by Heatran while the Azumarill set is hard walled by Mega Saur. I'm saying this in case anyone is having difficulty with either threat in the current meta.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
If anyone plans to use both of Wari's suggestions on a team, make sure to have a Mega Pinsir check/counter. Skarmory and Thundurus-I fit the bill.

Sucka_Punch

User Name: Idk i seem to have misplaced it
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: 1800 Ch0ke Dat Hoe
Referred by: Excel
Reason for Joining: x]
Timezone (in GMT: GMT -3:30
Battle Experience (0-10): 0
Additional Comments?:

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
User Name: Idk i seem to have misplaced it
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: 1800 Ch0ke Dat Hoe
Referred by: Excel
Reason for Joining: x]
Timezone (in GMT: GMT -3:30
Battle Experience (0-10): 0
Additional Comments?:

O: Welcome, Kris! :] Have a seat, relax, enjoy a pleasant conversation that Ciel has started.

Also updating the spread sheet to include your info.

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters
Hi my name is Zilla! and I say RAWR! ( activity post :] )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.