• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
I tried the team out in a couple of battles and it was actually quite good (forgot to save replays sadly :().

However, I think we can use Taunt + Defog over Will-o-wisp + Taunt/Defog on Mew. Defog is needed for hazard control, while Taunt makes it much easier to deal with opposing stall teams. Will-o-wisp is a bit redundant since it's already on Rotom-H.

As for Calm Mind vs Roar on Suicune, CM saved me against an opposing stall team (Suicune can even beat Blissey with Pressure.), but I see how Roar would be useful too.

Also, Sableye is really annoying to deal with but I think that goes for all stall teams.

Utopian

faults & feats
defog on a stall team. are there no viable spinners in UU

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
There are Forretress, Starmie, Mega Blastoise...Imo, I think Mega Blastoise is the best spinner in UU right now and we already have a mega occupying a slot.
Don't forget these Fantastic spinners:
Pineco
Delibird
Donphan
Hitmontop
Cloyster

Note: I mainly made this list cause delibird. I don't actually UU. But i'll try the team out after done studying for spanish final i got tomorrow. Procrastinating is bad.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Don't forget these Fantastic spinners:
Pineco
Delibird
Donphan
Hitmontop
Cloyster

Note: I mainly made this list cause delibird. I don't actually UU. But i'll try the team out after done studying for spanish final i got tomorrow. Procrastinating is bad.

The berry juice pineco is so stronf :]

Utopian

faults & feats
mega aggron -> rest + sleep talk
rotom h -> defiant braviary (evs need work)
mew -> SR > WoW

after a few matches i liked these sets

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I have tested a little on the UU ladder on both PS and PO with the team.

Some of my changes/suggestions would be...

Defensive Rotom to a more offensive version:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 208 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

The current team sort of struggles versus bulky grass types such as leech seeding Trevenant and Exeggutor. This spread still retains some bulk as well as dealing with these troublesome plants.

I'm alternating between physically defensive rapid spin Tentacruel and our Suicune to see what I like better.

Running RS Cruel allows us to run stealth rocks on Mew and lets us use Mega Aggron's Rest-Talk set.

The Mew would still retain the same EVs because of the Nidos', but I would use a move set like: Knock Off or Taunt/Stealth Rocks/Psychic/Soft-Boiled.

..So far, the team still does rather well with our selected mons and sets~

Last edited:

Cherche

Banned
After a few battles, I can indeed confirm that CroCune is still alive & well in Gen VI UU. I've been messing around with T-Wave on Rotom-H along with a few altered EV spreads to moderate success.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Just tried out the team, here are a few quick notes I noticed (I used defog+taunt over defog+will o):

A burn Cincino does 1% per hit with a rock blast to regular Aggron lol.
The easiest way to remove a Nidoking/queen seems to be burning it with Rotom H at some point in the fight. Nobody keeps them in against Mew.
Psyshock may want to be considered over Psychic on Mew as Florges is a pain if Mega Aggron and Suicune go down.

Will update more once I'm off the bottom of the ladder.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Just tried out the team, here are a few quick notes I noticed (I used defog+taunt over defog+will o):

A burn Cincino does 1% per hit with a rock blast to regular Aggron lol.
The easiest way to remove a Nidoking/queen seems to be burning it with Rotom H at some point in the fight. Nobody keeps them in against Mew.
Psyshock may want to be considered over Psychic on Mew as Florges is a pain if Mega Aggron and Suicune go down.

Will update more once I'm off the bottom of the ladder.

Burn may be the 'easiest' way to deal with the Nidos with the team, but it's certainly not the most effective. Literally all the Nidos' are special attack oriented, so the burn doesn't do anything significant imo. The team would have to do a lot of switching in order to slowly deplete Nidos' health and at that point our squad would certainly be in ko range for most of the opponent's team. Sludge Wave from Nidoking does 49 - 58.2% to our Rotom set. Any smart player certainly wouldn't keep in their Nido on a Mew, but when the time calls for it, Mew can dispatch it rather than having the whole team 'dance' around it in order to ko. After seeing Moonclawz use Defog+Taunt on the ladder and myself included, I definitely think it works a lot better for the team. We already have enough burn support :p

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
I agree that burn isn't the best way to deal with Nidoking/Nidoqueen. Psyshock on Mew over Psychic sounds good though.

When I was laddering, I found that the team was a bit weak to Quiver Dance Volcarona with Giga Drain. Volcanrona can easily set-up on Chesnaught or Mew. Although Aggron and Dragon Tail out Volcarona, it takes very heavy damage from a Fire Blast and can't Mega-evolve. Giga Drain then 2HKOs Suicune, while Florges and Rotom-H can't do much to Volcanrona because the bug is boosting its Special Defense and resist Fairy-types moves.

To deal with Volcarona, I think we can try using Toxic on Rotom-H over Will-o-wisp. Another idea would be too put Toxic on Florges over Aromatherapy.

In the same way, SubCM Chandelure is really annoying to deal with, but much less common. (Haven't found a good solution to that yet.)

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
You guys know the way I play can be pretty weird lol. Was just showing an alternative to bringing in Mew to take out King. (I like my residual damage *shrugs*)

How much activity is everyone getting with spiky shield Chesnaught? It could be cool to drop the shield and throw on Toxic so Chesnaught isn't something safe to set up on

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
You guys know the way I play can be pretty weird lol. Was just showing an alternative to bringing in Mew to take out King. (I like my residual damage *shrugs*)

How much activity is everyone getting with spiky shield Chesnaught? It could be cool to drop the shield and throw on Toxic so Chesnaught isn't something safe to set up on

You should have left your original post :( Alternatives are part of the battling process. Anyone can try any of our suggestions at any given time ~ My aim in response to anyone's suggestions aren't to knock them down, but to give an insight on what can potentially happen when using x-set, x-mon, s-spread, etc. I mean, personally, what I say can be learned through trial and error while laddering with the team. I need to run some calcs with Psyshock vs. Psychic to see which does better overall/what I like better. I get a decent amount of activity when scouting and gaining HP back from seeds with Chestnaughty when using Spiky Shield. I haven't ran into any Volcaronas yet, but I can see a +1 Fire Blast hurting even Mega Aggron. As I mentioned in one of my latest posts, I've been trying out Tentacruel over Suicune. Toxic Spikes+Toxic helps deals with pokemon like Volcarona. I think Trevenant or Eggy can be used over Chestnaught. The tree is an amazing spin blocker and can use Will-O-Wisp as well as leech seed.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
You should have left your original post :( Alternatives are part of the battling process. Anyone can try any of our suggestions at any given time ~ My aim in response to anyone's suggestions aren't to knock them down, but to give an insight on what can potentially happen when using x-set, x-mon, s-spread, etc. I mean, personally, what I say can be learned through trial and error while laddering with the team. I need to run some calcs with Psyshock vs. Psychic to see which does better overall/what I like better. I get a decent amount of activity when scouting and gaining HP back from seeds with Chestnaughty when using Spiky Shield. I haven't ran into any Volcaronas yet, but I can see a +1 Fire Blast hurting even Mega Aggron. As I mentioned in one of my latest posts, I've been trying out Tentacruel over Suicune. Toxic Spikes+Toxic helps deals with pokemon like Volcarona. I think Trevenant or Eggy can be used over Chestnaught. The tree is an amazing spin blocker and can use Will-O-Wisp as well as leech seed.

My original post was just a bunch of rambling that eventually led to: I'm relying on reading my opponent to determine whether I want to will o wisp with rotom or hard switch into Mew for residual damage. I realized just about everyone in this guild should be good enough to determine the best plays for them which is why I remade my post. I only wanted to open up another revenue of damage on the Nido's, which if anyone needs they should be able to figure out how to get Rotom in pretty easily for free. I didn't feel like you were knocking down my post, I just realized I was making people read a lot more than anyone really needed to in here

I've noticed there are a lot of spinners instead of defoggers in uu, so a spinblocker like Trev could be pretty cool. At the same time making a third of our team weak to ghosts (hello chandelure weakness) without a single resist doesn't sound... optimal to me.

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I agree about the Chandelure. It's the devil. I'll keep laddering with the team to figure out a way to better handle certain threads ~

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Our best counters to Chandelure seem to be forcing it out with something like Florges (which causes the unstoppable force meeting immovable object scenario) and building residual or hoping Rotom takes a hit and can finish it with a volt switch. As Suicune should be the absolute last mon we want to risk getting tricked a choice item.

Edit: Moonblast from Florges is about a 4hko (1.2% or so to 5hko) on Chandelure. That kinda really helps with rocks or spikes on the field.

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Our best counters to Chandelure seem to be forcing it out with something like Florges (which causes the unstoppable force meeting immovable object scenario) and building residual or hoping Rotom takes a hit and can finish it with a volt switch. As Suicune should be the absolute last mon we want to risk getting tricked a choice item.

I 100 percent agree with this post. Chandelure is extremely unpredictable. From the type of item its holding down to its ability. Flash Fire gets boosts from WoW while infiltrator breaks through any subs we potentially have.

I was going to post a little set I whipped up outside of the CCaT to spark interest, but seeing as how it handles Chandelure rather well, I will reveal it now. I encourage everyone to try this amazing Snorlax set/spread I thought up of.

Snorlax (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Crunch
- Body Slam
- Rest

It's very similar to Snorlax's curse sleep-talk set, but it uses a chesto berry for instant wake. Since this set focuses on buffing defense, a heavy amount of EVs are focused on special defense to utilize both defenses. Crunch is used over Earthquake to hit ghosts and bulky psychic types. I've had a great amount of success trying out this set. This set handles special attackers such as the Nidos as well as Chandelure with relative ease. Beware of strong physical hitters such as Heracross as it still does heaps of damage even after +2.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Going to make this brief, but informative.

Quitting guild(C>G tho). I really don't participate here enough besides a brief visit to the xat every so often. Getting kinda stale too.
May join another guild, may not. Stuff still sucks for me irl, and I have lost interest in Pokemon a bit. Maybe what i need is something newer to get my mind off of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.