• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Welcome Clay

Utopian

faults & feats
my inactivity is due to recently moving across the US zzz. literally moved in this morning. ill be active more after i finish unpacking

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Congratulations, Ger for making our war-team! Ger shows astounding use for unorthodox sets or sets that really don't see enough light and can effectively carry out the functions of all his pokemon to ensure success. He demonstrates good prediction skills, adapts rather quickly in any situation during battle, and has experienced enough of the game to know how to safely switch in and out of common threats. Ger has made it onto the team because his innovative ideas and ability to make well-rounded plays makes him a force to be reckoned with as well as being an amazing learning figure for any of us who want to try to play the game in a different light. After testing with Ger, I truly see a ton of great potential that will take us far in any future wars ~

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
User Name: C-Demo
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: C-Demo, Hax_Ngr
Reason for Joining: cuz ger said i should and try for war taem
Referred by:
Timezone in GMT: -5
Battle Experience (0-10): 100/10
Additional Comments?: irra promminsed a while ago if i join i get mods. JS

I made no such promise...but accepted ~ Also, please speak with Dragonicwari to schedule a test battle.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Referred by:

Welcome!

I've been pretty busy with a summer internship - sorry for my inactivity. I'd also like to let you guys know that I'll be gone from 6/29/14 - 7/6/14 on vacation in Maine. I'll probably still have some internet access though.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Welcome!

I've been pretty busy with a summer internship - sorry for my inactivity. I'd also like to let you guys know that I'll be gone from 6/29/14 - 7/6/14 on vacation in Maine. I'll probably still have some internet access though.

D'aww. What kind of internship are you doing? I'll make a note of your vacation. Have fun! I always wanted to go to Maine. Beautiful, but cold.

For those who haven't seen, the tournament bracket is now up. I'll post a deadline to get the games done as soon as everyone sees it up and acknowledges who their opponent will be. The opponents were selected completely at random and I couldn't get the bracket to format correctly, so Dragonicwari made it for us~

Cherche

Banned
Referred by:

Welcome to the guild~

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
D'aww. What kind of internship are you doing? I'll make a note of your vacation. Have fun! I always wanted to go to Maine. Beautiful, but cold.

For those who haven't seen, the tournament bracket is now up. I'll post a deadline to get the games done as soon as everyone sees it up and acknowledges who their opponent will be. The opponents were selected completely at random and I couldn't get the bracket to format correctly, so Dragonicwari made it for us~

I'm doing a internship at a local hospital, helping a doctor do research on liver cancer. :)

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Yeah activity post. not been playing much mons at all or been keeping touch with whats going on at smogon or here. I'm trying to get back into it but super busy irl and getting ready for vacation and stuff. I'll rejoin if i was kicked though!.

welcome all new members :]

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Yeah activity post. not been playing much mons at all or been keeping touch with whats going on at smogon or here. I'm trying to get back into it but super busy irl and getting ready for vacation and stuff. I'll rejoin if i was kicked though!.

welcome all new members :]

You have not gotten kicked. Shucks you're busy, but life really should come before all else :c I would ask if you would like to become a sub in our tournament, but I can see you're really wrapped up in things.

I will be setting the deadline for the first round later today for the tour. I'm sure most who have signed-up have acknowledged their standings.

..Has anyone discovered or tried any new cores and or sets? It doesn't matter for which tier. And if so. Were they effective?~

Cherche

Banned
I've been using Sub + CM Meloetta on a team I built with three others to some phenomenal success.

meloetta.gif

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This Meloetta is pretty amazing at setting up on a multitude of threats due to its sheer bulk alone. It's also an amazing check to several OU threats, the most notable of them being Aegislash, it easily sets up on all Aegislash sets, grabbing Calm Minds while Aegislash attempts in vain to break the Substitute. So basically switch in on something that can't threaten Meloetta directly, set up a Substitute, then start sweeping. It can be used early-game, but late-game is where it really shines.

ger9119

tumblr_m3ve8lyEHY1rsxn5po2_250.gif

Wartortle (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Blizzard/Rapid Spin/Aqua Ring/Toxic
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Here's a set i've been running in OU as of late. Wartortle's bulk with evolite is very good which amounts to 426 defense and 294 special defense. CounterCoat takes out alot of stuff or deals heavy damage to pretty much anything that attacks it. Scald is STAB+Burn which helps it's bulk. Blizzard can be used as a secondary attack option, Rapid Spin can be for hazards removal. Aqua Ring for the pseudo leftovers health recovery. Toxic is another option that can rack up damage.

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I've been using Sub + CM Meloetta on a team I built with three others to some phenomenal success.

meloetta.gif

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This Meloetta is pretty amazing at setting up on a multitude of threats due to its sheer bulk alone. It's also an amazing check to several OU threats, the most notable of them being Aegislash, it easily sets up on all Aegislash sets, grabbing Calm Minds while Aegislash attempts in vain to break the Substitute. So basically switch in on something that can't threaten Meloetta directly, set up a Substitute, then start sweeping. It can be used early-game, but late-game is where it really shines.

This set looks troublesome to unprepared teams. I can see this sweeping a lot of the time since Meloetta is very underrated. This specific set would work well with the likes of Scarf Rak and Specs Keldeo to take down bulky dark types (I'm looking at you Ttar and Umbreon). I may try this set with dual hazards with Keldeo+Melo+Magnezone. LO Iron Head Aeigslash still seems pretty problematic to the set, so some prediction is required.

tumblr_m3ve8lyEHY1rsxn5po2_250.gif

Wartortle (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Blizzard/Rapid Spin/Aqua Ring/Toxic
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Here's a set i've been running in OU as of late. Wartortle's bulk with evolite is very good which amounts to 426 defense and 294 special defense. CounterCoat takes out alot of stuff or deals heavy damage to pretty much anything that attacks it. Scald is STAB+Burn which helps it's bulk. Blizzard can be used as a secondary attack option, Rapid Spin can be for hazards removal. Aqua Ring for the pseudo leftovers health recovery. Toxic is another option that can rack up damage.

Wartortle is perhaps one of the best spinners in the game. Perhaps even better than its evolved counterpart. It has a multitude of things going for it. Increased defense and sp.defense from Evolite, not-too-shabby HP for a 2nd stage evo. It can hit ghosts with foresight, ruin set-up mons with haze, burn stuff with scald, it can poison things with toxic. Yeah. It can do a lot of things ~ I have not tried Wartortle in the OU tier. I've tried Blastoise and the common OU spinners, but not Wartortle. Using Wartortle, however, allows a user to place a mega on their team if they decide not to use Mega Blastoise. Ger mentioned on xat that Wartortle can beat Mega Blastoise 1-on-1 which is very true. Better defenses and toxic..vs. Mega Toise's standard set. Toise can't really touch its younger self~ I can see Wartortle working with pokes that dislike stealth rocks being on the field while also covering Wartortle's weaknesses. Thundurus-Therian comes to mind as it can switch in on an electric attack and absorb it thanks to volt absorb. I do plan to try this little guy in the near future, but giving what I do know about the meta-game, I would indeed use it with something like Thundurus-T..Landorus-T..Garchomp..I might even use something like mega gardy with it since Wartortle messes up steel types with haze+scald..or simply just scald.

Last edited:

Cherche

Banned
This set looks troublesome to unprepared teams. I can see this sweeping a lot of the time since Meloetta is very underrated. This specific set would work well with the likes of Scarf Rak and Specs Keldeo to take down bulky dark types (I'm looking at you Ttar and Umbreon). I may try this set with dual hazards with Keldeo+Melo+Magnezone. LO Iron Head Aeigslash still seems pretty problematic to the set, so some prediction is required.

I use this set in conjunction with Assault Vest Azumarill to take out all Fighting types with STAB Play Rough, also taking out all bulky dark types (Tyranitar, Umbreon) while also making a fantastic check for Bisharp (Meloettas #1 enemy) & Thundurus-I, whom is taken out by a combination of Waterfall + Aqua Jet, bar a random para, while an LO T-Bolt does 86% max with an uncommon, but efficient EV spread. Bulky SD Mega Scizor provides fantastic synergy with the two Pokémon, using Aegislash, whom switch in on Meloetta nearly 100% of the time, as set up fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.