• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Curious to kknow. Do you want aegis Shield/Excalibur to be banned or stay down in OU? Also..best of luck, Cherche !~ if you need anything from myself as well, please let me know.

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
I can't ladder worth Onix's base attack... but I don't see Shield getting banned. It's soooo dang predictable and easy to get around King's Shield with the right timing.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Personally would like to see Moonclawz post his view here of Aegi here :$ It's honestly the best opinion I've heard on it that I agree with.

I personally don't feel like Aegi should be banned. While I lack a really in depth reason, it just doesn't seem like something that needs to be banned. I have yet to be put in a situation where I felt overly threatened just because I saw an Aegislash on a team, unlike most mons that are banned. When I saw something like Mega Lucario, Kang, Blaziken, etc on a team I completely changed my playstyle. To me Aegislash is just another bulky mon

Young_Simba

Activity post:
This is probably my last post of the summer, leaving the US today so I'm gonna be inactive until I come back on 9/3.
Bye guys, @Irra keep the cake warm for me <:

Capricornus

King of the Seas
I don' think Aegi should be banned. Kings' Shield play is really predictable, and its not really game changing, sorta like what Dragonicwari said. Besides, I hope its not banned; Aegis is like my most used Poke on my teams lol.

King Color

Meow Meow Meow!
User Name: King Color
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: king color
Reason for Joining: I don't really have a legitimate reason. The art looks nice though.
Referred by:
Timezone (in GMT: GMT -5:00
Battle Experience (0-10): 6 or 7ish
Additional Comments?: I love Pokémon!

Last edited:

ger9119

Reason for Joining: I don't really have a legitimate reason. The art looks nice though.
Referred by:

Welcome to SE, stop by the chat for a test match with someone.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Referred by:

The love for Pokemon is always a plus :p Welcome aboard :)

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Referred by:

Welcome!

As my opinion on Aegislash, my viewpoint has actually changed a bit after hearing some other people's arguments.

There's no doubt that Aegislash is a very centralizing Pokemon. It's amazing typing and stats let it switch into many of tops threats (both offensive and defensive) such as Latios and Skarmory. In addition, Aegislash has increased the number of Pokemon running Earthquake as a coverage move to avoid attack drops from King's Shield, as well as influencing more Pokemon to run Knock-Off.

However, I think Aegislash acts like a sort of seat belt on the metagame, preventing already heavily used threats (and some Pokemon that would be very powerful if not for Aegislash) from speeding out of control. For example, the combined usage of Latios and Latias on in the WCoP (which should represent high-level play albeit with a small sample size) is almost 50%. With Aegislash gone, the Lati twins lose one of their most important checks, which will likely increase their usage even more. Thunderus, another Pokemon with really high usage, also loses one of it's more consistent (but not as reliable when compared to Latios and Latias) checks. (Faster Pokemon fear T-wave, most ground-types can't switch-in because of HP Ice, Focus Blast takes care of Excadrill and Tyranitar.)

Although usage stats does not necessarily determine the viability of Pokemon, it can help represent how centralized a metagame is. Losing Aegislash will definitely increase the number of viable Pokemon such as Mega-Medicham and Mega-Heracross. However, this comes at a cost of making certain Pokemon that are already have high usage and large influence on the metagame (mostly Latias, Latios, and Thunderus) have even larger usage stats - I think that this could centralize the metagame even more.

Right now I'm leaning towards not banning Aegislash but this could change as I ladder on the suspect ladder.

Cherche

Banned
Referred by:

Welcome to the guild friend. Have some waterproof tea as a welcome gift.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
For those who are in the tournament and are wondering..the bracket is updated for the next round. I will set a deadline for this round later tonight or tomorrow. I want to update the tournament thread and include some info that may help all of us.

ger9119

I'm going to begin work on a new "project" for the guild. Can you guys give me topics and subjects within the realm of Pokemon you want to learn more about or just like hearing about?

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I personally would like to learn more about team momentum. As much as I can predict and team build, it's really hard for me to overcome various forms of hax. Having a high momentum team can recover off the hax and still have a fighting shot at winning. One of my friends used to make amazing momentum teams which despite tons of hax in a single battle, she was able to to turn tides with various pokemon, such as double dance landorus-T+CM LO Lati...I would like to hear different concepts and ideas from the ones I've grown accustomed to, so that in the future when I team build, I can make my teams better able to recover from hax and not have a majority of the team crumble due to something dying because of hax.

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
The semi-finals for our major tournament will end: 7/21/2014 at 11:59 PM EST. As always, please get your matches completed before the deadline. ~ If anyone is unable to do their match for the round, PM me, so we can figure out if a reschedule/extension/or replacement is needed. As mentioned, failing to do so will result in an instant lose for the round and knocking you out of the tournament. I also updated the OP to include participant names (from the semi-finals) with their chosen type.

Last edited:

ger9119

Yay! Glad to be on the war team.. I won't let you down *Salutes*

Congrats on the war team KC.

---

Day two in LC fielded back less than stellar results finished 6-9 on the day, I'm half way towards reaching suspect requirements which if i get i'll probably vote for Pawniard

Status
Not open for further replies.