• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo77

John Doe
Well, Mega mawile hits like a speeding wrecking ball, and only two pokemon can safely switch in and check the demonic beast, and they go by Rotom-H and Heatran. Seriously, if you don't have one of those two, Mega Mawile can go on a rampage, and it's not pretty. I'm still unsure of a ban or not since little to no checks =/= ban, but odds are it'll be banned anyway.

Three Pokemon, actually. Rotom-H, Heatran, and the monster known as based pinfish.

Qwilfish aside, Mega Mawile is pretty hard to deal with due to having two very viable but vastly varied sets. And not everyone is just gonna call up Qwilfish to deal wiht it. I mean they could, but they won't. So Mega Mawile unfortunately looks pretty ban-worthy. Damn OU, why can't you be stable?

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Well, Mega mawile hits like a speeding wrecking ball, and only two pokemon can safely switch in and check the demonic beast, and they go by Rotom-H and Heatran. Seriously, if you don't have one of those two, Mega Mawile can go on a rampage, and it's not pretty. I'm still unsure of a ban or not since little to no checks =/= ban, but odds are it'll be banned anyway.

Six actually* Rotom-H (1) Heatran (2) Defensive Arcanine (3) Defensive Charizard-Y (4) Defensive Hippowdown (5) Defensive Moltres (6) :)

I'll put in my two cents in regards to mega mawile as soon as my headache lets up :c

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Not really in a mood to type up anything really long but Apollo is to be added to the war team

Will type up a post on the best M Mawile sets I have seen later

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
altaria.jpg

If Mega Altaria isn't good I will literally smack a ho. And Mega mence looks like the guy from How to Train Your Dragon.

ger9119

My thoughts on the new confirmed Megas

Salamence- This will be back in OU, maybe even hiring. Two useful abilites before it Megas, and it gets a Boosting move like Dragon Dance. Along with crazy coverage.

Altaria- Will be making it's debut in OU, and it will be a nice wall/cleric

Lopunny- Will probably be one of the worse Megas, There's way to many fighting types that will do it's job better including Megas (Medicham)

^

I wonder why Lopunny got a mega in a Gen 3 remake game.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
If Mega Mence keeps it's current attacking stats it can still 2hko unaware physically defensive Clefable thanks to aerialate return/frustration. If that isn't real I don't know what is. (Thought we all know it will get some boosts to them offensive stats)

ger9119

If Mega Mence keeps it's current attacking stats it can still 2hko unaware physically defensive Clefable thanks to aerialate return/frustration. If that isn't real I don't know what is. (Thought we all know it will get some boosts to them offensive stats)

It has alot more checks that can revenge kill along with the rock weakness. But it will be interesting to see what it's Stats will be once it Megas.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
^^I just wanted to show it's offensive capabilities x)

Now then... Mega Mawile post let's go.

Set Up Sweeper

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head/ Knock off/ Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

This is more or less the standard set that most people think of when they hear Mega Mawile. It runs over offense and defense alike. Most people run SD+STAB moves+ Sucker punch since it's arguably the best set but either stab move could be dropped for something like Fire Fang for excellent coverage on things like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. Sucker punch just mauls offensive teams as after +2 it can ohko a lot of offensive threats after rocks. Knock off is a weird option I wouldn't recommend but for whatever reason it is on Smogons analysis. Dark/fairy does provide excellent neutral coverage.

Sub Focus Punch

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head/Play Rough

This set is the reason I don't count Heatran as a counter. This set also makes non 252hp/252 def Rotom H a nonviable switch in as it will ohko any offensive spread as well as any 252hp/0def spreads as long as rocks are up with focus punch. This set is pretty much the stallbreaker mega mawile set. It has a few other viable ev spreads but this one looked pretty cool.

Edit: I believe this ev spread enables you to take one gyro ball from Ferrothorn without your sub breaking

Sub Set Up Sweeper

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough / Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

This right here is the rarest Mega Mawile set I have actually seen. I'm not even sure if the ev's are right atm. All I can say is the one or two times I've actually ran into it, I expected sub punch, had to switch out again, and just got steamrolled I'm sure.

I'm sure there are better ev spreads, those were just some that I saw. I really dislike Mega Mawile a lot more than Aegislash and can't wait to see it leave the metagame even if I do lose some pretty fun teams

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Not really in a mood to type up anything really long but Apollo is to be added to the war team

Will type up a post on the best M Mawile sets I have seen later

Congrats Apollo!

I'm sure there are better ev spreads, those were just some that I saw. I really dislike Mega Mawile a lot more than Aegislash and can't wait to see it leave the metagame even if I do lose some pretty fun teams

I would recommend running 132 Spe on Mawile as this allows you to outspeed 8 Spe Scizor so that you can Sucker Punch before Scizor Bullet Punches. It's also nice for outspeeding mons that want to speed creep standard 124 Spe Mawile.

jon199

Eventually, all the megas will be banned, and we'll go back to 5th gen metagame (without the weather).

Really, the only way I deal with M-Mawile is through Burns. Once it is burned, M-Mawile really can't do anything to you. Whittle away its health, and done.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Eventually, all the megas will be banned, and we'll go back to 5th gen metagame (without the weather).

Really, the only way I deal with M-Mawile is through Burns. Once it is burned, M-Mawile really can't do anything to you. Whittle away its health, and done.

There are completely viable unbroken megas, it's just that some are broke and the mons that were brought into the game that aren't mega didn't have as much of a power creep as other gens. So naturally the megas are first to go.

ger9119

Most of the Megas are very easy to deal with, it's just a few that are overpowered.

----

What does everyone think of "Cosplay" Pikachu? Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Belle knows Icicle Crash and Libre knows Flying Press.

If Pikachu can wear the cosplay along with getting an item like Light Ball, some of these can actually be really good. Another thing is i wonder if it's going to be like Rotom and also gain the typing of the move it picks up. I think Rock Star will be the best because of the Attack Boost, along with E-Speed and possibly Light Ball. Bell will be the second best just for type coverage. It's possible Pikachu because the lower tier version of Rotom.

jon199

Most of the Megas are very easy to deal with, it's just a few that are overpowered.

----

What does everyone think of "Cosplay" Pikachu? Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Belle knows Icicle Crash and Libre knows Flying Press.

If Pikachu can wear the cosplay along with getting an item like Light Ball, some of these can actually be really good. Another thing is i wonder if it's going to be like Rotom and also gain the typing of the move it picks up. I think Rock Star will be the best because of the Attack Boost, along with E-Speed and possibly Light Ball. Bell will be the second best just for type coverage. It's possible Pikachu because the lower tier version of Rotom.
Another thing to think about is if Pikachu will get stat boosts along with these new "forms". I would highly doubt it, but if it was something like Rock Star gets an attack boost, Ph. D a Speed Boost, etc, I wouldn't be too sad. I really don't see why I'd use any of these new Pikas otherwise. Sure, Meteor Mash is nice to take out fairies, but Metagross (and M-Metagross) does it better.

Username: jackinthebox1210
Po/Ps name: jackinthebox1210/Whatever the hell i want :]
Reason for joining: Irra and uhh Pokemon :]
Referred by: Satan- he rules all
Time zone: Gmt-5
Battle experience: I would say a perfect 10 but even perfection is below me so 11
Additional comments: you ain't gonna lose any wars from here on out with me cuz im da bess :]

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Battle experience: I would say a perfect 10 but even perfection is below me so 11
Additional comments: you ain't gonna lose any wars from here on out with me cuz im da bess :]

How exciting!! :] Happy to have you aboard :):) Welcome and enjoy your stay ~

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The nominations for the game/version we're doing for our first in-clan nuzlocke challenge ends tonight since it has been a week from one of my previous posts in which I said the nominations will close...Unless anything changes by tonight, Pokemon Platinum looks like our game in which we will be nuzlocking.

..It has been brought up by one of our users (C-Demo) that a league should be created, so it can spark some life into some of our players, whether it's looking for some kind of inspiration or something other than playing on the ladder or in tours. If we get enough people that are committed+active in joining the league, I would be happy to put one up. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on creating a league in terms of sparking some life in us, especially to those of us who haven't been playing mons for a certain period of time. Also, I would like to know in everyone's posts whether he or she is interested or not interested in holding a spot in this potential league.

ger9119

Welcome to SE.

How exciting!! :] Happy to have you aboard :):) Welcome and enjoy your stay ~

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The nominations for the game/version we're doing for our first in-clan nuzlocke challenge ends tonight since it has been a week from one of my previous posts in which I said the nominations will close...Unless anything changes by tonight, Pokemon Platinum looks like our game in which we will be nuzlocking.

..It has been brought up by one of our users (C-Demo) that a league should be created, so it can spark some life into some of our players, whether it's looking for some kind of inspiration or something other than playing on the ladder or in tours. If we get enough people that are committed+active in joining the league, I would be happy to put one up. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on creating a league in terms of sparking some life in us, especially to those of us who haven't been playing mons for a certain period of time. Also, I would like to know in everyone's posts whether he or she is interested or not interested in holding a spot in this potential league.

I think a league will be an outstanding idea, will it be monotype or frontier based? I want a spot for sure.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Welcome to SE.

I think a league will be an outstanding idea, will it be monotype or frontier based? I want a spot for sure.

For everyone to decide ~ For me personally, I would go with Frontier based since I've been in a frontier and played in monotype. I've personally enjoyed being in frontier a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.