• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Despite having crappy speed, have you ever tried scarf malamar? It takes A LOT of people by surprise. Credits to Ger as he's the first person I've seen who has used it.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Despite having crappy speed, have you ever tried scarf malamar? It takes A LOT of people by surprise. Credits to Ger as he's the first person I've seen who has used it.

I never tried it before! I feel like I wouldn't wanna be stuck in just Superpower alone, but I can totally see it sweep, especially if the user takes down the Pokemon that resist/are immune to Superpower before sending Malamar out.

ger9119

Welcome guys!

Discussion Question:

What are some underrated Pokemon that you use in your teams?

I use Malamar a lot, I might put up a set for you guys if you're interested!

Where do i start?

Wailord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Wartortle (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Out of all the mons i've used this gen these three are my favorites so far. I've popularized Specs Wailord tbh since Scarf is much more common on it and i'm pretty sure that i'm the only person using it in OU , and I innovated that Wartortle set as well as that LC Onix Set. I've got plenty of other underrated pokemon i could share.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Because Vern didn't want it to be skipped:

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

A bulky support set used to get up rain dance. Leftovers+Rain Dish recovers huge amounts of hp per turn. It can remove hazards with spin as well as poisoning pesky rotom(a) switch-ins.

....I totally just made this set up, but I'm sure it can work with legit results ~

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Where do i start?

Wailord @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

Wartortle (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Out of all the mons i've used this gen these three are my favorites so far. I've popularized Specs Wailord tbh since Scarf is much more common on it and i'm pretty sure that i'm the only person using it in OU , and I innovated that Wartortle set as well as that LC Onix Set. I've got plenty of other underrated pokemon i could share.

I watched your Onix set in play, and I see how useful the Sturdy/Berry Juice can be. Also, Wartortle I can see as being very helpful with its surprise factor. Finally, yeah nothing to say about Wailord. I saw it destroy teams with my own eyes...

Because Vern didn't want it to be skipped:

Blastoise (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

A bulky support set used to get up rain dance. Leftovers+Rain Dish recovers huge amounts of hp per turn. It can remove hazards with spin as well as poisoning pesky rotom(a) switch-ins.

....I totally just made this set up, but I'm sure it can work with legit results ~

I can predict that this set will be really annoying to take down if you lack a strong counter to it, since Rain Dish and lefties will just allow it to recover a good amount of health per round.

Nice set guys! I've had a dry spell concerning underrated mons as of late, but now I'm inspired again!

Welcome all DD refugees =]

Combusken @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
Speed Boost
248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpDef
- Protect
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Best quick passer hands down. Mini Blaziken got himself banned from NU, after all.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
Hey Imposter. Sup man.
I HATE not having internet at home. it sucks. I have to either be at my grandparents' house or at school to get on. :C

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
User Name: BlazikenBlitz
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: BlazikenBlitz
Reason for Joining: I have come back on serebii after a few months' time of not being here, and am interested in finding new people to battle, learn and make friends with. :)
Referred by: No one.
Timezone (in GMT: (GMT -4) or Eastern Daylight Time.
Battle Experience (0-10): I'd say maybe about a 5 or 6 by now.
Additional Comments?: I haven't been in a Guild since they changed the name from Clans to Guilds. I checked the ranking list and saw a few people I recognized, but none that would likely recognize me. I am mainly a Wifi battler, and my friend code is 0044-3389-1902 and my in game name is Blaze. My favorite tiers happen to be OU, UU and Random Battles, but I do RU/NU on the side. I swear I chose this clan before I saw the people who've joined it. =p

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Reason for Joining: I have come back on serebii after a few months' time of not being here, and am interested in finding new people to battle, learn and make friends with. :)
Additional Comments?: I haven't been in a Guild since they changed the name from Clans to Guilds. I checked the ranking list and saw a few people I recognized, but none that would likely recognize me. I am mainly a Wifi battler, and my friend code is 0044-3389-1902 and my in game name is Blaze. My favorite tiers happen to be OU, UU and Random Battles, but I do RU/NU on the side. I swear I chose this clan before I saw the people who've joined it. =p

Accepted.

Ooh, we could use more wifi players ~ Welcome and enjoy your stay here :).

I'll add you in the spreadsheet as soon as I get home. *on phone*

Snorby

Snorby

Now that I remember where I know you from, Welcome fren :]

Welcome fellow Blaziken lover =] (god that sounds so wrong now that I thing about it...)

ger9119

Welcome to SE

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate

Welcome to the group *clap*

Also activity post

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
omg bb
welcome to se fren

Snorby

Snorby
Well Msharp joins Krookodile in the dicknose club.

I like MCamerupt's design. Don't know why, but I do.

Mega Gallade looks stupid though.

ger9119

I'm extremely excited for these two new megas. Mega Sharpedo will be outstanding as a wall breaker, Stab Strong Jaws Boosted Crunch along with awesome coverage moves, and it has the ability to get a speed boost before it mega evolves so it can get a sweep. Mega Camerupt with Sheer Force is going to be YUMMY, It get's rock polish and awesome STAB coverage with Flamethrow/Fire Blast and Earth Power I think even a bulkier set will work for sure maybe Eruption on a Trick Room team. Mega Gallade may be able to give Mega Medicham some competion

Status
Not open for further replies.