• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What major changes do you guys think will ORAS bring to the metagame altogether? Ubers, OU, etc.

Personally, I'm not knowledgeable of how the metagame changes, but I'm sure the new megas will make their presence felt.

Megamence will be OP and probably get banned, Megagross probably won't make OU, but be put in BL Instead. Megabro probably won't be used much, Audino will probably move up to RU/BL2, Diancie will probably stay UU, Gallade will probably go up to UU, possibly OU, Lopunny will be like BL3/ RU at the highest. Idk what's left.

Also Primal Groudon for best Kyogre counter y/y

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I think lopunny will be OU if it gets good stat buff. Sharpedo will i think be BL or UU and camerupt will also be BL. Mega camerupt in trick room will wreck. swampert will get to BL/UU and Sceptile will be BL2 or RU.

ger9119

i see Sharpedo in OU for sure, Speed Boost and once it Mega evolves it can become a potent wallbreaker. Camerupt is going to be interesting, I don't know if it will be enough to make trick room suddenly viable but who knows.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Trick room is viable in doubles (you will see :) ). too bad you can't have two megas in doubles :/ imagine mega camerupt and mega aboma in a trick room. end of times

Last edited:

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
What major changes do you guys think will ORAS bring to the metagame altogether? Ubers, OU, etc.

Personally, I'm not knowledgeable of how the metagame changes, but I'm sure the new megas will make their presence felt.

Audino: I can see it being used an amazing cleric on stall teams in UU. In OU, clefable outright out-classes it thanks to its two abilities: Magic Guard/+Unaware. I can see Mega Audino shine the most in doubles thanks to its Healer ability.

Salamence: If having mega Pinsir wasn’t already scary enough with Aerilate. DD salamence with say +1 Return coming off an already high attack base will definitely 1hko-2hko most of the OU tier.

Lopunny: It’s normal. Not SE to anything aside from non-stab moves that are super effective. Can be fun to hit ghosts with scrappy, but I don’t see much going for the bunny. I think it’s still best as a crumby baton-passer or crumby all-out attacker.

Altaria: Bulk..BULK..BULKY. The real zard-x counter is here people. Mega Altaria (I can envision already) will work best as a bulky-cleric on stall teams. It’s ‘almost’ like that of Sylveon, but on roids. I can also see a bulky DD set with heal bell+a steel trapper such as zone to be annoying to deal with.

Camerupt: Trick Room; the only way for this volcanic llama thingy. Even with higher offensive bases and sheer force, I still don’t think it is enough to make trick room any more viable than it already is. It’s a fun mega to try if someone does want to build a trick room team tho.

Slowbro: I see this mega in between BL and OU. It’s essentially like crocune, but on roids. The lack of regenerator and leftovers hurts its survivability, but its newfound bulk should more than make up for it.

Metagross: Regular Metagross can already survive some STAB ground type moves from the likes of lando-t and other strong type ground mons. In mega form, I can only imagine what more it can take as well as hitting a lot harder than it already does. Agility mega metagross and offensive metagross with stick web support will literally smash holes in the opposing player’s team.

Sharpedo: After a speed boost then gaining strong jaw ability o: A lot of people better are packing Azumarills and Ferrothorns. I can see Sharpedo being in BL, even possibly OU, despite fighting priority being a thing. I only ever see like one mon on a team that carries a fighting prio these days (Breloom or Conk much?)

These are all quick, brief thoughts that come to mind when I think of each of these megas~.

Last edited:

venom1950

Ace Trainer
@Irrationality
Lopunny is normal/fighting. it has some good fighting moves and has access to elemental punches. if you transfer one from B2W2 with drain punch this pokemon would be very good

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
@Irrationality
Lopunny is normal/fighting. it has some good fighting moves and if you transfer one from B2W2 with drain punch this pokemon will be very good

Must have overlooked the new typing. In any case, in OU, it's going to have a hard time dealing with fairies and it definitely wont like dealing with Talon. I don't even see it being used in UU as things such as Nidoqueen and King can take most of bunnies attacks and retaliate with strong sheer force sludge waves/earth powers. For one to use such a mega, a substantial amount of support is needed in order to keep it alive. If one is using it to attack until it dies, then that's a waste of a mega slot imo.

Snorby

Snorby
New Megas Tiering:

Mega Sceptile: I want to say UU here. It will be crazy fast, probably on par with MAero and MZam. Lightningrod gives it a good amount of switch-in opportunities against things like Rotom-H that like to spam Volt Switch. With the added Dragon Typing, some of it's shitty weaknesses are alleviated, leaving it weak to only Poison, Ice (x4), Dragon, Flying, and Fairy, which isn't great, but gaining a fire neutrality in such a fire-spam filled tier is always nice. It will probably have its uses in OU as arguably the best Rotom-W counter in the game, but I highly doubt it will be used enough to be in the OU tier.

Mega Swampert: My guess is UU/BL, with a solid use in OU on Rain teams. It's already in UU, so there's really no way a mega evolution would DROP him. UU is a tier where speed doesn't matter as much as some, power is appreciated, bulk is important, and Fire-types are everywhere. Because of this, I think MSwampert will fit right in. Depending on stat buffs, it might even hit BL.

Mega Slowbro: OU. With that massive defense, boosted special attack, and an abillity that blocks crits, this thing just screams Calm Mind. Be it a Crobro set that forgoes the more reliable Slack-Off for a way around status in RestTalk, or a more offensive set that runs something like a second attack or Trick Room, Mega-Slowbro will be a solid OU mon.

Mega Sableye: UU/OU. It's typing is great, Prankster works on the turn it mega-evolves, it gets a good boost to both defense and special attack, and once it mega-evolves it can only be statused through the likes of Scald. Also, it has reliable recovery, and two very spammable STABs. Sounds like an amazing Calm Minder to me. In my opinion, whether it's UU or OU will be based off how it measures up to Mega Slowbro, since both appear to be built for a CM sweeper.

Mega Sharpedo: OU. The only reason it can't be in OU now as an amazing cleaner is it's lack of power. With buffs to every stat and Strong Jaw, that STAB Crunch is gonna sting, Ice Fang is going to be great coverage, and STAB Aqua Jet means that it can clean through even Talonflame. Also, despite losing Speed Boost, it can just protect the turn before it mega-evolves, get to +1, then mega evolve and rip the opponent to shreds. It looks like it'll have solid uses in OU.

Mega Camerupt: UU. It will probably be amazing on Trick Room teams, and Sheer Force STAB Fire Blast/Earth Power is jizz-worthy, but it is gonna be so damn slow, have no recovery, and retain a crippling typing in Fire/Ground. With Keldeo, Azumarill, and Rotom-W all being great atm, I can't see Camerupt fitting in in the OU enviorment. That being said, since UU is chock-full of Fire-Types, being immune to burns and having Ground STAB to smack them about with will give it a decent niche.

Mega Altaria: UU. Fairy/Dragon isn't really as great a typing as people seem to think it is. It would have been nice if it had Play Rough because a bulky DD set with its STABs and Roost would have been solid, but sadly it doesn't get that. Honestly, I think it'll probably be just your average tank, nothing too special.

Mega Salamence: OU. This thing will be a monster, but with it's most notable buff seemingly going to defense, not Attack or Speed where it could use it most, I doubt it will go uber.

Mega Metagross: OU. It's typing got better with the Aegislash ban, it gets a huge speed buff to speed that it desperately needs, and smaller buffs to all it's other stats, which were already good to begin with. Also, Tough Claws gives it a Bullet Punch more powerful than that of Bulky SD Mega Scizor assuming it gets at least 20 points more in attack.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 109-129 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- 34.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 105-124 (25.9 - 30.6%) -- 3.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

It also gets boosts to Meteor Mash and the elemental punches, like Miror said.

Mega Lopunny: RU. Typing isn't special, Stats are so low 100 more points wont help it THAT much (even if every single point went into Attack it would only hit about as hard as Kube). Only notable thing about it is Scrappy HJK.

Mega Gallade: UU. Abillity isn't useful, typing is nice, a speed buff is greatly appreciated, going to be entirely outclassed by Mega Medicham, so it wont see the light of day in OU.

Mega Audino: RU. Garbage abillity, typing is only decent, loses the only thing that made it usable (regnerator)

Mega Diancie: UU. Sure it's supposed to get super fast. Sure it's supposed to get big boosts to attack and special attack. But that doesn't fix it's problems. It cannot run both STABS off the same attack stat, meaning it has to go mixed. Its defenses get worse, making it even more prone to being picked off by Bullet Punch and Aqua Jet, which already cause problems because it's typing was terrible. There is no way this thing will be good in OU.

Those are my thoughts, anyway!

Erm, what?

You do understand that Mega Metagross' stats are going to be insane, right? His description said he is getting a greatly increased Speed stat, and boosts to everything else as well. This would leave him with an approximate stat spread looking something like this: 80/155/140/105/110/110. Plus getting an ability that boosts Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Elemental Punches, etc. Now remind me how this isn't going to be OU?

I just dont think Metagross will get the useage to go up to OU. I mean, its entirely possible, but I feel that with megas such as Yzard, Xard, Pinsir, Salamence, Venusaur, Heracross, etc. running around, people will forgoe him for others. Note that I did say probably. And if he doesnt make OU, he'll be too good for UU imo. Nothing there aside from Megadoom can actually hurt him.

Then there's Slowbro. Why would it not be used much? CroBro will be insane. Having a super high defense and reasonable Special Attack, Regenerator before Mega Evolution (besides the fact that it's actually a good Pokemon before Mega Evolution as well), it has recovery, Calm Mind, Scald to burn physical attackers in addition to its already high defense, etc. And it can't be crit. MegaBro is going to be a powerhouse, and there won't be too many ways to get around it.

With the way things are now, Slowbro is being used as a pivot, as hes simply too susceptible to passive damage to be trying to sweep. Base 30 Speed does him no favors, and as it is things like Thundy and Magnezone force him out. I just dont think he has a place in OU when unaware CLef, as well as Crocune, exist.

Turpoo

S|utbro
With the way things are now, Slowbro is being used as a pivot, as hes simply too susceptible to passive damage to be trying to sweep. Base 30 Speed does him no favors, and as it is things like Thundy and Magnezone force him out. I just dont think he has a place in OU when unaware CLef, as well as Crocune, exist.

What, are you smoking. Mega Slowbro will be Ubers ezpz. Slowbro already as it is should be in ubers.
All the other Megas need to sit down because Mega Slowbro will come in spinning knocking over everything.

Apollo77

John Doe
Mega Altaria: UU. Fairy/Dragon isn't really as great a typing as people seem to think it is. It would have been nice if it had Play Rough because a bulky DD set with its STABs and Roost would have been solid, but sadly it doesn't get that. Honestly, I think it'll probably be just your average tank, nothing too special.

It has Pixilate for an ability, why would it need Play Rough? Mega Altaria is going to be super fabulous imo~

And yeah I guess all the other megas are cool too.

Snorby

Snorby
It has Pixilate for an ability, why would it need Play Rough? Mega Altaria is going to be super fabulous imo~

And yeah I guess all the other megas are cool too.

That's true, I wasn't thinking about Pixilate Return much. A bulky DD set could be pretty good, then.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
Activity post. Think I need one.

I wanna know: What is your favorite Mega?
Mine is Mega Gengar. It looks really cool. And Mega Lucario.

Also, I will soon be opening my art shop. Will update soon.

Last edited:

ger9119

Mega Heracross, Mega Aerodactyl, and i'm really digging Mega Sharpedo

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Mega Altaria. It's so cute, fluffy, adorable, it hard-counters Char-x, and most importantly, it's the best bed in existence. A study shows that 10/10 obsessive fanboys agree that they sleep better on an Altaria's clouds.

Mega Lopunny is also prty cute.
But Camerupt looks like a stupid candle-holder.

#monthly post

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Competitive wise: Mega Gardy followed by Zard X
Look wise: Mega Absol

I also like Mega Altaria for almost the exact same reasons as crys ~.

Gawd, just too many cute megas! I just can't even!! (can we get more than 1 on a team plz ~_~)

Status
Not open for further replies.