• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
I hate having a HM slave. I never had one on my team. I had cut and flash slaves but withdraw them when needed

My favorite is when I have an HM slave and I'm at an area that requires an HM that I don't currently run. Then it's a huge walk (or fly when I get it) back to a PC to switch mons ~_~.

Let's talk about something way more desirable. Move Tutors! What moves would you like your mons to be able to learn?

I still personally want Zapdos to learn Hurricane. On a specs set..mwahahaha. Crazy damage <3

Snorby

Snorby
Well, looking back at the move tutors of other generations, the mons that get the Elemental Punches, Pain Split, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Earth Power, Low Kick, and Stealth Rock will be interesting to see. New moves that would be cool to see become Move Tutors would be Topsy-Turvey, Play Rough, Freeze-Dry, Sticky Web, Parting Shot, Nuzzle, and maybe Water Shuriken.

Turpoo

S|utbro
I still want recover Goomy.
And what moves MMS said, I would love to see parting shot Murkrow. I don't want Cloyster getting a hold of water shuriken... No thank you.

Snorby

Snorby
I still want recover Goomy.
And what moves MMS said, I would love to see parting shot Murkrow. I don't want Cloyster getting a hold of water shuriken... No thank you.

Parting Shot Topsy-Turvey Parafusion Murkrow

The new meta is here y/y

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Tbh i don't like you, but Mega Slowbro is pretty cool

Does anyone have teams planned for ORAS?

Totally late response but w/e

Blaze, Altaria, Gardevoir, Regi___, Ninetales, and the stronk peliper :]

ger9119

Sorry i haven't been active as much lately, been dealing with irl stuff both good and bad. I've been working on league stuff though so if you were choosen for a leader spot please have multiple teams ready (AT LEAST 3)

725roy

ambivolent
I've been in the same boat (heh) as Ger. I will probably have a bit of a break though, so I should be a little more active starting today. Also, Ger, I'll get to you with those teams tonight.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I need to ask around, but I'll get onto the next war as soon as we finish wrapping up the text for the league.

cool! If you need any help with the art for the league just ask me. I have done the banners for the pokegyms' tournaments and couple more banners for them for other stuff. I'm no pro but I do what I can and I love working in PS

jon199

*coughinactivitysuckscough*

I'll be getting on more, soon. School sucks. :)

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Sorry for my inactivity. Junior year is pretty busy :\

On a side note, what general metagame trends have you guys been seeing? For me, Magnezone and Clefable have become really popular. Magnezone eliminates common Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Scizor, while also acting as a good pivot and Fly-spam check (for Choice Scarf varients). CM Clefable is really dangerous as it's really hard to stop without strong steel/poison-types moves, which are relatively uncommon.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild

On a side note, what general metagame trends have you guys been seeing? For me, Magnezone and Clefable have become really popular. Magnezone eliminates common Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Scizor, while also acting as a good pivot and Fly-spam check (for Choice Scarf varients). CM Clefable is really dangerous as it's really hard to stop without strong steel/poison-types moves, which are relatively uncommon.

I have been seeing a lot of Slowbro/King action that is paired with either Zard-Y or Zard-X. Either of the slow bruddas can handle things such landorus-therian, keldeo, Terrakion, and gliscor (to an extent now due to the specially defensive set being pretty common these days). All of the things both of the zards distaste. Zards, in return, can come in on say Ferrothorn or Scizor and outright kill them with their STAB fire moves: Zard-Y (Fire Blast), Zard-X (Flare Blitz). For Zard-X, I'm suggesting not to try and set up on say ferro as it can pack the dreaded t-wave :c

With Aegislash moved to ubers, I've seen his younger counterpart, Doublade make its real debut in the OU tier as a bulky-rest-talk annoyer. I see this set on either stall teams or bulky teams that are in aid of a nice lati resist. Pokemon such as mega heracross benefit from Doublade's support, but both need to be weary of Talonflame, so have a nice resist on hand~. Rest-Talk Blade can also handle mons such as Mega Gardy, Mega Medicham, and even Mega Hera. Toxic>Rest>Sleep Talk>Repeat>$$$ (It's not as easy as it sounds, but this is the gist of how the set functions.).

ger9119

Magnezone has certainly seen a rise as of late for sureeee

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-167484094

I've been working on a Mega Banette team

Last edited:

WELL, I felt like responding to this as accurately as I could so i swung on over to the ladder and i found 3 things of note:
1. I'm seeing a LOT more volt-turn and bulky volt-turn teams. Like stuff with Mega Sciz or Mega Manectric and then gliscor and/or lando-t. Those are kindof annoying.
2. I saw a few teams using Jirachi, which is neat i guess. I did not miss Jirachi hax, though. Nosirreebob.
3. As you said, i saw a couple Magnezones (one was a scarf set which actually gave me some trouble).
So yknow, that was all pretty cool. STILLWAITINONORASTHO

For anybody having trouble with the bulky offensive+balanced nature of this new meta, here is the destroyer of every slow team imaginable:

Manaphy @ Leftovers/Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Psychic/Ice Beam

TG+RD Manaphy is the ultimate anti-meta Pokemon at the moment. Slower teams get set up on easily and utterly ravaged by +6 rain-boosted Surfs. Offense nowadays is mostly Sand so Manaphy also has a gr8 matchup against that. The only common playstyle it matches up poorly against rn is double bunny but screw double bunny :[

All in all, TG+RD Manaphy is a hawt stallbreaker that is really great because of recent metagame trends.

also activity post I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.