• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
it would be maybe even better if you have a drizzle pokemon on your team so that manaphy doesn't have to set.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
That pretty much defeats the Purpose of TailDance Mana, because Rain Dance lets her check sand offense and she doesnt really fit on dedicated Rain Teams

guess you're right. sound like a fun pokemon. I think I'll get one (and train a water type for a 100th time :D )

ger9119

ou 1605 73 1683 ± 40 -- 65 37 0

Broke 1600 on my main alt, finally sat down and played with a serious team. Most of those loses are from when i randomly test teams :(

venom1950

Ace Trainer
wow 2 days since last post. Gonna bring up our thread.

I started breeding a Ponyta. Noticed I have a Rapidash in Fast Ball (which fits perfectly) so I'll breed one for online. Flash fire + Fire Blitz + morning sun seems like a neat combination.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
wow 2 days since last post. Gonna bring up our thread.

I started breeding a Ponyta. Noticed I have a Rapidash in Fast Ball (which fits perfectly) so I'll breed one for online. Flash fire + Fire Blitz + morning sun seems like a neat combination.

That DOES seem neat. I used to think the whole poke ball fitting with the corresponding poke was dumb, ngl, but some mons look really good coming out of poke balls that look similar to them :3.

..I've been doing a lot of random battles with friends lately. Although it's definitely not taken for serious play, I have been learning a lot of odd things; like finding out that Boffulant is extremely bulky (Clay can vouch for this) as well as hitting very hard with a life-orb set. I also had fun with DD+Heal Bell regular Altaria. I haven't tried the DD-set at all this gen, but I can see that once Altaria gets its mega form, that this set will own a lot of the OU ladder.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Bouffalant really is a hidden gem.
Do you play only on PS or do you also play on pss? I would like to battle you. :)

Altaria would be my next project. Mega Altaria typing is amazing.

Snorby

Snorby
Personally, I don't like Bouffalant much, as it seems somewhat outclassed by Tauros. Sure, it has more bulk and a higher raw attack stat, but base 110 speed is a hell of a lot better than base 55 for a powerhouse with no recovery. Also, Tauros, unlike Bouffalant, gets Sheer Force. With it and a Life Orb, Jolly Tauros's Rock Climb actually outdamages Bouffalant's Adamant Return

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Bouffalant Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 163-193 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

And sure, things like Reckless Head Charge might seem appealing, but really, that completely neuters Bouffalant's abillity to tank hits, which is its biggest plus over Tauros. On top of that, Tauros can utilize Fire Blast, despite its **** Satk, to 2HKO Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and (Mega-)Scizor, something Bouffalant, even with a Choice Band, can only dream of.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Bouffalant really is a hidden gem.
Do you play only on PS or do you also play on pss? I would like to battle you. :)

Altaria would be my next project. Mega Altaria typing is amazing.

..I assume PSS=Player Search System? Otherwise, I've never heard of 'PSS' :c. I do have WiFi and the cart if this is the case. Would it be standard OU games or completely random? I have plenty of competitive mons to work with (cept for items :c).

venom1950

Ace Trainer
..I assume PSS=Player Search System? Otherwise, I've never heard of 'PSS' :c. I do have WiFi and the cart if this is the case. Would it be standard OU games or completely random? I have plenty of competitive mons to work with (cept for items :c).

wifi,yes,that's what i meant. random pokemon ou and under. i have maybe a few ou pokemon tbh. i mostly train UU and RU pokemon. UU tier,best tier :)

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I only really play OU and Ubers haha ~_~. How would the randomization process work?

use any of your pokemon OU and under. I don't mind battling OU pokemon with lower tier pokemon.

Irrationality

Founder of SE Guild
Doesn't sound very random. I guess I could just select 6 different ones and call it a 'team' :p. Sure, when do you want to battle? ~

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Doesn't sound very random. I guess I could just select 6 different ones and call it a 'team' :p. Sure, when do you want to battle? ~

well not today. i am doing something and can't battle atm. we could tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.