• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorby

Snorby
Mega Beedrill won the vote, with 4 votes. Second place goes to Swampert with 3.

SECCAT_zps182ec6db.png

ORAS OU

How it will work:
During the first phase we will nominate a pokemon and set to build around. Then, we will vote on the options set forth. We will repeat this 5 times until we have a full team, and then nominate and vote on final edits to make to the team. Each phase (Nominations and Voting are separate phases) will last 3 days, maybe less if voting slows down. You may not nominate Mega Salamence.

Current Team:

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run/Protect
- Knock Off/Protect

Deadline for nominations is the 26th.​

pikachu-belle
ksobeedrillsweaktoflyingfireandrockpsychicandthatisresistedbyarockdarktypebutidkifthereisanywaitthereistyranitar

248.png

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect
Rock Slide for attacking. Crunch for crunching. Low Kick for kicking. Protect for protecting.
Feel free to change set and stuff

ger9119

Ewww Volt-Turn. Just give Beedrill Drill Run + Protect for the Final Two Moves.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Snorby

Snorby
>Implying it has to be Volt-Turn because of Bee

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Don't dismiss this because of the split between Def/Sdef EVs that most noobs do, this actually has a use. These EVs make P2 almost a perfect Greninja counter, allowing him to avoid the 2HKO from both Low Kick AND Hydro Pump, even with Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes on the field. With SR and 3 layers of Spikes, both moves have a ~50% chance to 2HKO. This P2 also can Rkill SD Talonflame without trouble, something that plagues teams with Mega Beedrill. It's a solid way to support Mega Beedrill's frailty, and allows us to divert from the pure Volt-Turn archetype.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

^this set is a better Lando t than mines btw.

Physical sponge to tank the priority spam that Beedrill attracts like a magnet. Rox are rox and U-Turn for day momentumz n' stuffz. EdgeQuake because why the **** not. Mostly burdz n' steelz tho.

also no credit to me for the banner? rip my feelingz ;-;

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
User Name: the3rdH0kage
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: I don't remember, it's been a while since I've been on
Reason for Joining: Semester is almost over, so I'm not gonna be as busy and I want to get back into comp. and thought this place would be fun.
Referred by: N/A
Timezone (in GMT: EST -4
Battle Experience (0-10): Probably a 5-6
Additional Comments?: N/A

Snorby

Snorby
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: I don't remember, it's been a while since I've been on
Reason for Joining: Semester is almost over, so I'm not gonna be as busy and I want to get back into comp. and thought this place would be fun.

Welcome, H0kage!

My team in ORAS is currently:

Skippy the Marshtomp (Level 31)
Comet the Sableye (Level 31)
Hawke the Metang (Level 31)*
Lord the Linoone (Level 31
Number Nine the Breloom (Level 31)
Mercury the Charmeleon (Level 32)* (whoo wonder trades!)

*Metang and Charmeleon have no names since I'm not the OT, but I call them these anyway.

I'm currently about to fight Winona.

Also, if any of you get Breloom's name reference you get a cookie.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
tumblr_nb458fTF8k1rd4ymxo1_500.png

Belle Luna (Pikachu-Belle) @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Wild Charge
- Brick Break / Extreme Speed
- Knock Off

Belle Pikachu, despite being as frail as Deoxys and not having the speed to back up the frailness, hits very hard, and is very cute, which should be enough of a reason to chose it, but for the sake of explaining i'll continue. Belle Pikachu, with Light Ball equiped, hits an attack of 418 with a Jolly nature (with 398 in SPA if Naive), and with its decent coverage and movepool it is able to decimate plenty of the ORAS OU scene. Icicle Crash provided Pikachu a solution to one of the biggest issues it has had, being a lack of a good move to hit dragons and grounds with outside of HP Ice. Pika can now ohko lando-t even at -1 with an Icicle Crash, and does plenty to other things. Wild Charge provides a strong stab (With only volt tackle beating it, but that's illegal with Extreme Speed). Extreme for a fast, hard hitting priority move to wrek face while bb hits ttar, and Knock off to knock off and damage ghosts, psychics, etc. Knock off also ohko's latios, so that's something.

Tl;dr Pikachu-Belle is based and needs to be the mon for CCAT.

ger9119

Welcome to SE

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So question, could someone send me a link to the Xat? and so this isn't a spam post, I haven't been able to get ORAS yet because of a lack of 2/3ds. But I've been playing WOW, got the new expansion and have been leveling my LV 93 Shaman.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer

Welcome to SE!

Here's my nomination for the CCAT:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Offensive Starmie can power through the physical walls that hinder Mega-Beedrill, as well as provided spin support for the bee. Hydro Pump and Psyshock are STAB, while Ice Beams gives Starmie coverage on Pokemon like Latios and Celebi.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Here's mine.

Amoonguss
@black sludge
ability: effect spore
nature: calm
EVs:252HP/252 sp def/4def
-clear smog
-giga drain
-spore
-synthesis

since we have a bug on out team we need a grass or water to cover ground and rock. i use this amoonguss and it can survive almost any special attacker. why effect spore over regenerator? well because of the switch in. if you predict that the opponent will use a contact move switch to amoonguss and hope it will contract a status (prz or slp).

Last edited:
Here's mine.

This time we have mega slowbro.

Slowbro
@slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4sp att
IVs: 0 att,0 speed
-trick room
-flamethrower
-wonder room/slack off
-psyshock/psychic

Turn trick room on to attack first. Turn wonder room on if there are special attackers more than physical attacker. flamethrower for coverage. psy for stab.
if there is a taunter then trick room before mega evolution.

We already have a mega...

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
CCAT:

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Wuzzat? Mega Bee? Ohey, physical walls are looking us in the eye. Anyway, Zone is and has been a great poke for a while, and is honestly a great partner for Mega Bee, and can eliminate Scizor/Ferro/Skarm so Mega Bee hits more things.

Status
Not open for further replies.