• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Holidays to you all. Obviously not gonna be very active tomorrow cuz family and presents and food and stuff.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Merry xmas, happy hanukkah , good kwanzaa, enjoy the capitalist holiday, dem rests, etc.

Back from vacation B)

Probs gonna start getting reqs for the suspect test tomorrow. Hopefully the ladder won't be as aids as it was the last few times.

Also happy belated holidays and all that jazz.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Back from vacation B)

Probs gonna start getting reqs for the suspect test tomorrow. Hopefully the ladder won't be as aids as it was the last few times.

out of curiosity...are you for banning smogonfrog or against it?

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
out of curiosity...are you for banning smogonfrog or against it?

From what I have seen Clone is massively against the ban. I guess he's either never played offence or balanced, never tried to build any of these, or thinks an endless cycle of adaptation and Greninja adapting back is healthy for the metagame.

No offence, clone, I'd just like to know why you think all of this or what you actually think about Greninja, and why you don't see it as unhealthy. Such an opinion genuinely makes no sense to me because the above statements are so clear and true to me.

Dunno why we bother anyway, Smogfrog is practically gone at this point lol. Arguing would be pointless.

Last edited:
From what I have seen Clone is massively against the ban. I guess he's either never played offence or balanced, never tried to build any of these, or thinks an endless cycle of adaptation and Greninja adapting back is healthy for the metagame.

No offence, clone, I'd just like to know why you think all of this or what you actually think about Greninja, and why you don't see it as unhealthy. Such an opinion genuinely makes no sense to me because the above statements are so clear and true to me.

Dunno why we bother anyway, Smogfrog is practically gone at this point lol. Arguing would be pointless.

Can you like, not answer questions not directed at you? Kthx I play offense and balance btw. It's all I play.

As for Greninja, all I know is that I don't find him OP. Whether or not I'm voting ban or no ban depends on the ladder.

ger9119

Back from vacation B)

Welcome back!~~

So is my Rotom-W set the only nomination?

Minedreigon

Can you like, not answer questions not directed at you? Kthx I play offense and balance btw. It's all I play.

As for Greninja, all I know is that I don't find him OP. Whether or not I'm voting ban or no ban depends on the ladder.

Well, it's all I know about the situation and you were inactive so... sorry bout dat :/

You play offence, yet you don't see him as overpowered or unhealthy? That's fine, opinion at all, but It's also surprising. I love non-Greninja ladder as an offence player, so hopefully you will too :]

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Dear god can you all stop with the Greninja arguing? It will likely begin to pollute the thread, I've seen things like this happen before. Keep it to the Greninja Suspecting Thread or pm. Regardless of whether it is ban worthy or not, there seems to be enough pro-ban votes from the Smogon Suspect Thread to ban it, so there's no real point in arguing over it in the clan thread.

Anyhow for the sake of there being more than one choice for the CCAT, I'll nominate Rotom-H.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt / Trick

I'll edit in a description as to why later.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
i'm sorry cryssy. i just wanted to ask an active smogoner what's his opinion on all this. i for myself am against any banning except when it comes to the genies. i hate those cheeky bastards.
also...this guild has a lot of inner tensions.

anyways here's my entry

Sableye @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bashful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Recover

Snorby

Snorby
Welcome Back Clone! =]

Mine, seriously, there is absolutely no need for you to be attacking Clone's opinion every time Greninja comes up. You guys don't agree, we get it. If you notice, Clone doesn't attack your opinion on the matter, or even question it much, likely because he knows that there are solid, logical arguments for both sides. You should show him the same courtesy. Publicly calling people out for their opinion and throwing around accusations and assumptions that have little to no ground isn't acceptable. Now that Greninja's being suspected, you've been basically waving it in the faces of anybody who isn't pro-ban like you and saying "I told you so!" and that's just plain childish. It would be best for everybody if you'd just quit it before you really upset somebody.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
i'm sorry cryssy. i just wanted to ask an active smogoner what's his opinion on all this. i for myself am against any banning except when it comes to the genies. i hate those cheeky bastards.
also...this guild has a lot of inner tensions.

Mate don't worry about it, it was more of directed at Mine and Clone.
Nothing more to say on the matter, since mms hit a fair chunk of my points.

Also so close to Tl2 wooo

venom1950

Ace Trainer
Mate don't worry about it, it was more of directed at Mine and Clone.
Nothing more to say on the matter, since mms hit a fair chunk of my points.

Also so close to Tl2 wooo

as soon as i posted i knew someone will argue with clone as he is a strong smogoner. they should settle this somehow and act like grown ups (if they even are...don't know their age) or one of them should leave. every time someone posts something related to smogon they two argue. i hate smogon but hey i don't sh*t on it. i just say i don't like that decision and walk away. there is really no point arguing with them. no hard fillings.

Minedreigon

Welcome Back Clone! =]

Mine, seriously, there is absolutely no need for you to be attacking Clone's opinion every time Greninja comes up. You guys don't agree, we get it. If you notice, Clone doesn't attack your opinion on the matter, or even question it much, likely because he knows that there are solid, logical arguments for both sides. You should show him the same courtesy. Publicly calling people out for their opinion and throwing around accusations and assumptions that have little to no ground isn't acceptable. Now that Greninja's being suspected, you've been basically waving it in the faces of anybody who isn't pro-ban like you and saying "I told you so!" and that's just plain childish. It would be best for everybody if you'd just quit it before you really upset somebody.

Please read my posts. I'm going to be honest and say that you really have misinterpreted them and you seem to be reacting to some sort of unintentional hostility. If that happened, I apologise, but reading over them I don't see the hostility I caused. It sounds more like I'm trying to have a civil discussion. Thanks.

Snorby

Snorby
Please read my posts. I'm going to be honest and say that you really have misinterpreted them and you seem to be reacting to some sort of unintentional hostility. If that happened, I apologise, but reading over them I don't see the hostility I caused. It sounds more like I'm trying to have a civil discussion. Thanks.

I've read your posts. I read them before I posted anything, like anyone with half a brain would. This, especially, is what I'm referring to:

I guess he's either never played offence or balanced, never tried to build any of these, or thinks an endless cycle of adaptation and Greninja adapting back is healthy for the metagame.

You're basically accusing him of using nothing but stall, which, considering the fact that he plays offense and balance almost exclusively, and there are probably a hundred replays to prove this, is unfounded and ridiculous. You know this as well as I do, and yet you call him out for it anyway. Accusing him of not even having used the playstyles that Greninja affects most basically implies that he doesn't know what he's talking about, which is an incredibly rude thing to do. Clone is likely one of the most knowledgeable people about the OU metagame in the guild, for Christ's sake! That's not what most would call a "Civil discussion". In my mind, that's closer to firing lightly veiled insults based off his opinion. Besides, I'm not even referring entirely to this specifically. This stuff happens all the time with you, in the thread, on xat, anywhere! Whenever the word "Greninja" comes up it's like you have an insatiable need to make your opinion known for the umpteenth time and knock down anyone who doesn't share it. You even bring it up yourself on a regular basis. It's childish, and quite frankly it makes you a problem in both the xat and the thread. If you're going to talk about Greninja, back away from veiled insults and shoving your opinion down the throats of others, and make it into a real "Civil discussion".

Last edited:

Minedreigon

I've read your posts. I read them before I posted anything, like anyone with half a brain would. This, especially, is what I'm referring to:

You're basically accusing him of using nothing but stall, which, considering the fact that he plays offense and balance almost exclusively, and there are probably a hundred replays to prove this, is unfounded and ridiculous. You know this as well as I do, and yet you call him out for it anyway. Accusing him of not even having used the playstyles that Greninja affects most basically implies that he doesn't know what he's talking about, which is an incredibly rude thing to do. Clone is likely one of the most knowledgeable people about the OU metagame in the guild, for Christ's sake! That's not what most would call a "Civil discussion". In my mind, that's closer to firing lightly veiled insults based off his opinion. Besides, I'm not even referring entirely to this specifically. This stuff happens all the time with you, in the thread, on xat, anywhere! Whenever the word "Greninja" comes up it's like you have an insatiable need to make your opinion known for the umpteenth time and knock down anyone who doesn't share it. You even bring it up yourself on a regular basis. It's childish, and quite frankly it makes you a problem in both the xat and the thread. If you're going to talk about Greninja, back away from veiled insults and shoving your opinion down the throats of others, and make it into a real "Civil discussion".

Ok so I can simplify this. Yes, maybe what I said to start with was a bit harsh, but other than that I don't see a problem. Apologies for that, I suppose. I just want more people on the pro ban side to increase the chances of a ban, which is why I'm eager to discuss it, but if that's looked down on, I won't argue about it. At the end of the day, it's evident you lot dont want to discuss it so I won't.

Eaglehawk

Banned
User Name: Eaglehawk
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: Eaglehawk. Just find me in PS!'s UnderUsed Room.
Reason for Joining: I've found SE's guild members to be fun and affable.
Referred by: The SE guild members
Timezone (in GMT: GMT -5 with Daylight Savings
Battle Experience (0-10): 10. ger9119 remembers.
Additional Comments?: Hi SE!

Status
Not open for further replies.