• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Submerged Embassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Demo

Sky King

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I can explain my absence, I promise... can't stop playing Fire Emblem: Awakening...

Sheer Force Gatr. Huh. Well that thing isn't gonna be NU much longer lmao.

Also dunno if I'll continue to be inactive or not depends if I can stop my FE obsession lmao.
I know the feel. FE is too good. What difficulty are you playing at?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
So how many of you guys play smash? I love smash and I'd like to try and do something with it.

Activity post, and I am trying to get in competitive Melee my local gaming store has weekly Melee/Sm4sh tournament alongside Friday Night Magic. I am pretty good at Sm4sh WiiU though.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
Activity post, and I am trying to get in competitive Melee my local gaming store has weekly Melee/Sm4sh tournament alongside Friday Night Magic. I am pretty good at Sm4sh WiiU though.

Actually, back in THT, I ran a Smash Bros League. I would host tournaments, arrange matches, and give out points to the winner. I was hoping to do something like that here at SE. Even if I can't, I want to run something to boost the activity around here. I could maybe run a CCAT, a tournament, Shiny Hunt. I want to do something for the guild. What would you guys want to do?

Many of you probably know this, but I am adamantly against Metagrossite being banned. It's great. Probably the best mon in the tier (easily best mega for offense aside from Lopunny). That doesn't mean it's broken. It'll always have its checks, and it's counters are always counters no matter what coverage move it may run. It's checks are really common and are still as prevalent as ever on the suspect ladder ( which is 100% aids and not something I want to play regularly. At all.). It may be. "Restrictive" on teambuilding, but then why the **** are Lando, Latios, Keldeo, Bisharp, etc not banned? Gross has the same influence as them, while having a slightly higher opportunity cost. And all it does is help keep fairies in line. Given that fairies are everywhere post gross, it's not a meta I enjoy and I do not want to play in a meta like this.

This post was probs all over the place, so sorry about that. I'm tired rn. Just posting my incoherent thoughts here, and will update this post / link my full post on Smogon once the VR thread is up. Save gross people. The meta will thank you.

Snorby

Snorby
Yeah, Meta really doesn't need to go. OU's ban-happy nature is starting to get on my nerves, honestly. I'm considering moving down to RU; it's a pretty fun tier.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I disagree. M-Metagross needs to be banned. Nothing should be able to hit that hard, that fast and still be able to stomach a few powerful blows. An ideal competitive Pokémon is one that fulfills its given role with exceptional execution and still be able to function outside of that role, but should never be used for that. M-Metagross is not that. It not only fulfills it's role of a wall-breaker better than any other Pokémon in the tier, but functions very well outside of that role. It can tank, revenge KO, tank, and even sweep. Its two most common counters, Skarmory and M-Scizor, are both beaten with Hammer Arm. Even if M-Metagross doesn't run Hammer Arm, Skarmory and M-Scizor only stalemate it. It forces teams to run a Pokémon that could outclassed or might even hinder the team otherwise. ORAS OU is dominated by M-Metagross, much is the same manner XY OU was dominated by M-Mawile. Both may be manageable, but overall hurt the meta game by being able to defeat any kind of team and play style.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Yeah, Meta really doesn't need to go. OU's ban-happy nature is starting to get on my nerves, honestly. I'm considering moving down to RU; it's a pretty fun tier.

Or you could join a legit tier me and a few people are working on atm. So far it's pretty fun, and outside of the obvious "needs to be banned" stuff it's pretty balanced.

Snorby

Snorby
M-Mawile and M-Gross are by no means comparable. M-Gross is hard checked by virtually every tank/wall in the tier. M-Gross has 10+ moves that people factor in when deciding whether it's beats a 'mon or not, whereas Mawile only needed 6 to beat everything in the game bar garbage like Weezing and Defense Arcanine.

Am intrigued by your tier thing Crys, next time we're both on xat you'll have to tell me more.

Seriously tho RU is fun as f*ck. Would recommend to anybody.

Snorby

Snorby
I'll see what I can do Clone, but I havent been building in awhile o:

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Any good moveset and ev for sheer force feraligtr? for UU or OU?

Feraligator can run both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sets pretty effectively. Swords Dance is more for wall breaking but can also sweep with Aqua Jet. Dragon Dance can sweep but usually has a hard time due to Feraligator's low speed.

For Swords Dance, I would run Adamant with Waterfall, Ice Punch/Aqua Jet, and Crunch/Aqua Jet. Crunch and Ice Punch give Feraligator good coverage on bulky water or grass-types, while Aqua Jet gives Feraligator the ability to hit faster Pokemon. Dragon Dance would run the same moves, except for a Jolly Nature to outrun as much as possible at +1 speed (Aqua Jet also isn't need then). EVs would be simple 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef for maximizing speed and power.

Here are importable:
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

RipTid3

Warrior of The Deep
User Name: RipTid3
Pokemon Online/PokemonShowdown Name: PS/PO - RipTid3 (PS mainly)
Reason for Joining: Interested in joining a guild. new to serebii
Referred by: no one
Timezone (in GMT: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada
Battle Experience (0-10): ehh umm not much maybe 3-4ish
Additional Comments?: none really

Snorby

Snorby
Welcome to the guild! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.