• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Subway Sandstorm

oak46

Who am I?
Heh, never tried to make a team that had a theme and was EV'd so this is new for me. And this is just in battle Subway so if I could get a little help it would be appreciated. I need help with items and a couple decisions on moves. Just no dream world moves/abilities as I do not have access to them.

Starting the lineup-
My setup-and-[volt]-switch Probopass!
;476; @Smooth Rock
Modest
148 Def/ 252 SpA/ 108 SpD
Sandstorm
Volt Switch
Hp Ice/ Earth Power
Toxic

Sandstorm for setup, rest of team immune to damage, with smooth rock extension. My hit and Run move to switch is Volt Switch. Hp Ice or Earth power for coverage (I believe Earth power is good with Volt Switch, but if I can't get Ice I'll go with it.). Toxic for annoyance.

My nasty special sweeper Lucario!
;448; @{help}
Timid/Modest
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nasty Plot
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Nasty plot for sweep. Dragon Pulse for good neutral hits. Aura Sphere for good stab and power, but Focus Blast for more power but Blizzard reliability? Don't know... Anyway, Dark Pulse for chance of flinch, but Shadow Ball for lowering Sp. Def? Again don't quite know. Also, I'm leaning more towards Timid in this to bring up it's speed because Nasty Plot has Sp. Atk covered. Also item is needed.

The semi-bulk-full-on-attacker Swampert!
;260; @{help}
Adamant
252 Atk/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
Ice Punch/Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Waterfall
Stone Edge

Hit hard, last awhile. Ice punch for grass types, but transfer from 4th gen with it or just go with Hammer Arm for good power and super effective hit on Ferrothorn? Earthquake and Stone Edge for ground/rock coverage. Waterfall for the use of Torrent if I need to. EV spread so he can attack full on but can survive a little longer. Item needed as well.

torterria

Ledgendary trainer
Oak 46 your team has no real defence against fighting type pokemon as your lucario and probopass are weak against them.
I suggest your probopass be given Hp ice instead of earth power as that deals with x4 weakness to ground.
lucario should be given a chople berry if available if not wise glasses and the moves
nasty plot
psycic
aura sphere
dark pulse
phycic to fend off fighting types .
Swampert should be given item leftovers the move ice punch rather than hammer arm for the reason you outlined

Last edited:
Ttar instead of probopass for setting sandstiom? Its unlimited. As for the fighting weakness, use a support type poke likw golurk who is immume to fighting and can learn flying moves