• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Subway Single Synergy!!!!

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Okely dokely, here's by proposed battle subway team. I didn't want to go down the weather route, because that's boring, so I made a synergy team! Yay!

So, without further ado:

;212; ;212; ;212;
Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Att, 156 HP, 100 Speed
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

I less than three scizor. STAB and technician boosted priority is awesome. Bug bite and aerial ace also benefit from technician and are for STAB/Coverage. Swords dance is to boost attack to crazy levels. I was also considering protect on this set somewhere to scout and check if my opponent has an unexpected fire move.

;485; ;485; ;485;
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Will o Wisp/Flame Charge

Scizor is no longer afraid of fire with this chap behind him. Heatran switches in, gains the boost, KO's the aforementioned fire pokemon with Earth power and then sweeps (hopefully). I was unsure on the 4th move (Heatran has an abysmal move pool). Both have their uses, but I wasn't sure.

;356; ;356; ;356;
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
Moves:
- Protect
- Nightshade
- Toxic
- Pain split

Eviolite dusclops is awesome. He acts as my wall and switches in to any fighting attacks aimed at Scizor and Heatran, who similarly switch into dark and ghost attacks aimed at dusclops. Toxic and protect for stall, night shade for any damage I need to inflict (also for poison/stell types if need be) and pain split, obviously, is recovery.

Please Rate my team, any feedback, whether good or bad, is appreciated! :D

:502:

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Isn't Flash Cannon a little redundant with Flamethrower and Earth Power? I'd go with HP if it's Ice/Dragon/Grass and good power, or Dragon Pulse. (Requires 4th gen) Also, wouldn't a specially defensive set with WoW be better?

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
My heatran is already 5th gen, and it does have HP dragon, but it's like, 40BP. Couldn't I just stick will-o-wisp on it anyway?

Oh, and I've done a bit of testing with dusclops, and I'm gonna change the set. I'll edit my post :)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Acrobatics + flying gem is awesome for scizor IMO

You're lacking coverage on a wide variety of threaths

And I would drop flash cannon for something with wider coverage, but dragon pulse is really needed for this team to work.

ZeroEdgeir

Here is your type-coverage of Super Effective Moves:

Scizor: Grass/Ice/Fighting/Psychic/Bug/Rock/Dark

Heatran: Electric/Grass/Ice/Poison/Bug/Rock/Steel

Dusclops: Nothing

No Water coverage
No Flying coverage
No Fire coverage
No Dragon coverage
No Ground coverage

Those 5 would be the breakers for me. Fire is a big one, as that is Scizor's 4x weakness. Ground would be Heatran's 4x weakness (EQ anyone?). I know you got an Air Balloon on him, but one other hit and that is gone.

Remember that any team member can be killed at some point, so ensuring you got more than a single counter helps (Heatran to counter all Fire types, Dusclops to counter all Fighting types). Diversity helps.

Plus, a good bulky water shows up, and your only option is to stall with Dusclops.

Vandslaux

You switch from Scizor to Heatran, you mispredict, Balloon popped, Heatran gets EQed, Scizor's hit with a Fire attack, then your only option is to stall with Dusclops. Any fast Ground-type with a Fire attack beats this team if you're not careful. (I'm thinking Krookodile with Fire Fang) He also beats Dusclops with Crunch.

The thing with Scizor and Heatran has happened to me before in the BS, trust me. I lost to a Salamence, BBed Hydreigon as I switched from Klinklang, then he EQed Klinklang. You might also want to take into consideration that random pokemon like Exploud carry Fire Blast. Also, a lot of NP sweepers in the BS carry Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Last edited:

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
You switch from Scizor to Heatran, you mispredict, Balloon popped, Heatran gets EQed, Scizor's hit with a Fire attack, then your only option is to stall with Dusclops. Any fast Ground-type with a Fire attack beats this team if you're not careful. (I'm thinking Krookodile with Fire Fang) He also beats Dusclops with Crunch.

The thing with Scizor and Heatran has happened to me before in the BS, trust me. I lost to a Salamence, BBed Hydreigon as I switched from Klinklang, then he EQed Klinklang. You might also want to take into consideration that random pokemon like Exploud carry Fire Blast. Also, a lot of NP sweepers in the BS carry Flamethrower or Fire Blast.
Ok. Should I add protect to scizor then, so I can check what move my opponent's going to use? Or I could give him a focus sash/occa berry

Fire is a big one, as that is Scizor's 4x weakness.
Earth power on Heatran. But yeah, I take your point. I suppose if I could be really bothered I could get a heatran from 4th gen and teach it dragon pulse. That'd help with dragon.

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Yeah, I'd put Protect over Aerial Ace on Scizor. Everything it hits is handled well by the rest of your team.

(jeez, why is the 5th gen IGRMT so quiet?)

Pixelz

Boomstick!
Are you guys all street preformers? Wevile could run better than scizor. Fighting types? Go to Dusclops. Fire/Steel? Heatran. Rock is your only real worry.

With your weavile, you would have Ice Shard(you have some egging to do here)
Brick Break
Night Slash
Dig(not a great choice, but it's an option)/Swords Dance(Good, if you have a focus sash)/X-Scissor(I don't really see the point in this, but it could be a reliable neutral move, like poison moves on a fire type)/Return(reliable)

Vandslaux

Are you guys all street preformers? Wevile could run better than scizor. Fighting types? Go to Dusclops. Fire/Steel? Heatran. Rock is your only real worry.

With your weavile, you would have Ice Shard(you have some egging to do here)
Brick Break
Night Slash
Dig(not a great choice, but it's an option)/Swords Dance(Good, if you have a focus sash)/X-Scissor(I don't really see the point in this, but it could be a reliable neutral move, like poison moves on a fire type)/Return(reliable)

I guess with this you would lure HJKs from Scrafty and switch to Dusclops?

Last edited: