• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Subway Super Singles Team

Kalosian

So long
I'm trying to make a Subway Team, but I am not sure how it will work in practice. I am also terrible at making teams, so some suggestions as for how this could be improved would be massively appreciated!

149.png

Dragonite @ Choice Band / Scarf
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Hits hard and takes reduced damage thanks to Multiscale. Outrage and Fire Punch gives near-perfect coverage, Earthquake for Rock/Steel/Fire/Posion-types and Extremespeed for priority. I’m not sure if I should go with Jolly instead of Adamant, the extra speed might be to helpful.

91.png

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 30 HP / 252 Att / 228 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash

Should be able to get a Shell Smash in most of the time thanks to Focus Sash, and then it’s just to go. Icicle Spear for a great STAB move, which also breaks opponents Sturdy and Focus Sashes. Rock Blast for coverage and another multi-hit move. Razor Shell for secondary STAB. The Speed EVs should give it enough Speed to outspeed everything in the Subway after a Shell Smash.

448.png

Lucario @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]

With the first two being Physical attackers, I needed a Special sweeper in the last slot. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse gives it nearly perfect coverage and Nasty Plot raises its Special Attack to high levels. Not sure what to use in the last slot, but I’m heading towards Vacuum Wave since I already have an Ice move on Cloyster and it's never bad to have some extra priority. I'm not sure which item I should go for either.

Last edited:

hyacinth

looks good just some advice that you should lead with cloyster as you don't want any stealth rocks breaking your focus sash

Aura Sensei™

User Title
This team looks good.

On Dragonite , really you'll want to get rid of Fire Punch or Earthquake. DrcoQuake and Fire + Ground are similiar. Fire Punch is probably the one to be changed. Waterfall is a good option. It'll give you some extra coverage and a good , solid move.Seeing as your D-Nite is the lead , Choice Scarf is probably a better choice than Choice Band , since you'll want to outspeed as much as you can.

The rest looks good , but you should really consider this set for Lucario.

Lucario @Leftovers
]Timid l Inner Focus[
]252 HP l 208 Speed l 44 Sp.Atk.[
• Substitute
• Flash Cannon
• Calm Mind
• Iron Defense

With this Lucario becomes bulky yet still a potent threat.Flash Cannon is great since nothing is unaffected by it ; and a good STAB.You basically Sub , Calm Mind and Iron Defense until you're up to +6 and sweep.

Kalosian

So long
looks good just some advice that you should lead with cloyster as you don't want any stealth rocks breaking your focus sash
Not a bad idea, I might try both Cloyster and Dragonite to see which one works best as a lead. By the way, is Stealth Rock common in the Subway? If so, then I'll probably lead with Cloyster.

This team looks good.

On Dragonite , really you'll want to get rid of Fire Punch or Earthquake. DrcoQuake and Fire + Ground are similiar. Fire Punch is probably the one to be changed. Waterfall is a good option. It'll give you some extra coverage and a good , solid move.Seeing as your D-Nite is the lead , Choice Scarf is probably a better choice than Choice Band , since you'll want to outspeed as much as you can.
Thanks, I'll try Waterfall over Fire Punch and a Choice Scarf as well to see which works best.

The above Lucario really needs TrickScarf support to pull that set off. :/
I think you are right... I'll stick with my current set unless someone has any ideas for how that can be improved.