• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Successful Gen 5 Uber Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverthunder

Raichu Master
This is my second Ubers team I have ever made. The last time I posted a team was in August, so I figured I'd just throw a team together and try to ladder. This has turned out to one of my most successful teams, right now at a rating of almost 1240 (PO). Here it is.
Before rating or commenting, please read this entire thread thoroughly.
;386; ;383; ;493; ;150; ;382; ;205;

TEAM BULIDING PROCESS
Truthfully, I threw this first team together in around fifteen minutes without much thought. I was attempting to make an Uber Rain Team.
;491; ;382; ;484; :598: ;493; ;150;

The team above wasn’t bad, averaging about 1170, but I wanted something better. I decided to scrap the rain idea but still to keep Kyogre.
;382;

First off, I wanted to have an easy way to get entry hazards up to help any sweepers I may add later. I settled on Deoxys-S due to its 99.9% chance of getting Stealth Rock up.
;386; ;382;

I liked on my rain team how Mewtwo and Arceus functioned, so I added them as sweepers. However, on my rain team, Arceus was a Ghost-type. It was changed to a Normal-type at this moment.
;386; ;493; ;150; ;382;

One thing I hated was entry hazards that my opponents set up. I needed a reliable rapid spinner. At the same time, my team was lacking a Steel-type (I always try to add a Steel-type onto any team I make for coverage reasons), so I added Forretress.
;386; ;493; ;150; ;382; ;205;

At this moment, I felt my team just needed some more power. I went with Rayquaza due to his Ability, Air Lock, to eliminate the effects of weather that I didn't want and for his immunity to Ground-type moves. However, I realized that I needed a Dragon-type in order to take out some important threats.

I tested this team a while, and then realized I should change Arceus back to a Ghost-type in order to block Rapid Spins and to beat Extremekiller Arceus one-on-one. This is the final team.

A CLOSER LOOK

386.png

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SpA]
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Superpower

Deoxys-S is my lead around 75% of the time. I only change the lead if I see a pokemon that my opponent has (that they will use as their lead) that I can take advantage of. When Deoxys-S is used it guarantees Stealth Rock (exceptions could be Darkrai leads) will be put up and I personally have yet to not get at least one layer of Spikes up as well. Taunt is there to stop other lead Spikers (such as Deoxys, Forretress, or Dialga) from setting up. After my opponent's Spiker is taunted, I simply set up my own hazards and either switch out if they have a Darkrai on their team, or if I can set up on the Spiker with another pokemon. Otherwise, Deoxys-S will serve no other purpose to me and I'll let it faint to get a pokemon in safely. Superpower is there to check Darkrai leads, who like to always hit with Dark Pulse on turn one. Deoxys-S is faster and is sashed, so I will end up taking down Darkrai, and if not knocked out with priority, I'll still get Stealth Rock up. The EVs along with a Jolly nature make my Deoxys-S as fast it can possibly be.

384.png

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty [+Spe, -Def]
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat

Rayquaza often comes in when I'm predicting an Earthquake from a pokemon, or when one of my pokemon faints. If coming in on a predicted Earthquake (from Garchomp, Excadrill, Groudon, or Rayquaza), I will use the appropriate move to knock out that pokemon. For Garchomp and other non-speed boosted (Dragon Dance) Rayquaza, I'll use Outrage if my opponent is lacking a Ferrothorn, or other Steel-types they are likely to switch to. If that's the case, I'll use Overheat to toast them as they come in. Excadrill is taken down by Earthquake and if it's holding an Air Balloon, I'll use Overheat. Groudon is taken down with Overheat and either Outrage or Earthquake depending upon how much health Groudon has left. If Groudon has used Rock Polish, I'll send in Rayquaza to take the Earthquake, but then I'll switch out to one of my pokemon that have low health to take the Stone Edge. Then I must send in Kyogre to attempt to finish Groudon with Water Spout. For speed-boosted Rayquaza, I must do the same as Rock Polish Groudon, except use Ice Beam. If Rayquaza (mine) can get a Dragon Dance under its belt, it becomes very hard to stop. Skarmory is one of its few troubles but after an Overheat or two, it goes down. Rayquaza is also my only Dragon-type, so I try to preserve it, which means remove Stealth Rock. The Hasty nature with its EVs make it as fast and hard-hitting as it can be. Life Orb is icing on the cake.

493.png

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SpA]
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break

Here is the Physical Arceus-Ghost set, except I have tweaked it so that it has priority. To set up, come in on something that it threatens, such as Giratina or Mewtwo and Swords Dance as they switch. Generally I pseudo-scout first by using Shadow Force to see if they will switch out or not. If they don't it Mewtwo is OHKOed and Giratina is close to fainting. ExtremeSpeed is there to revenge kill weakened pokemon and to finish faster pokemon with priority while sweeping (such as Darkrai). This is also a great counter to Extremekiller Arceus. If Arceus comes in on me, I use Swords Dance twice. 90% of the time, my opponent use Swords Dance once and then attacks with Shadow Claw, which won't OHKO Arceus-Ghost. I Brick Break on the turn they use Shadow Claw again to OHKO their Arceus. Depending upon how late in the battle it is, I'll just be able to sweep their entire team from there. If the Extremekiller Arceus has Shadow Force, I use Shadow Force along side them. If they continue using it, both of our Shadow Forces will be gone and they won't be able to beat Arceus-Ghost, whereas I Swords Dance until Arceus-Ghost has +6 Atk, and then OHKO with Brick Break. If they stop using Shadow Force before their PP runs out, I'll just KO them with Break Break. Shadow Force is also an effective way to deal with Kyogre. Arceus-Ghost can take down most of the Uber tier easily after a Swords Dance, but should be careful around Giratina formes due to the fact that they might have Will-O-Wisp, around Shaymin-S and its Air Slashes (it outruns Arceus-Ghost), as well as Darkrai if it hasn't broken its sash or Arceus-Ghost hasn't used Swords Dance. The Spooky Plate boosts Shadow Force's power by 20% and is necessary to have Arceus be a Ghost-type. The Ghost-typing is necessary to prevent my entry hazards from being spun away and to effectively counter Extremekiller Arceus. The EVs along with a Jolly nature makes my Arceus-Ghost the fastest Arceus around.

150.png

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Mewtwo is my team's fastest non-scarfed pokemon, primarily checking Blissey, Chansey, and Darkrai. Psystrike runs off of Mewtwo's amazing Special Attack but hits Blissey and Chansey's low Defense. Aura Sphere out-speeds and hits Darkrai to knock it out with prior damage (due to Darkrai's sash). Ice Beam counters Rayquaza, Shaymin-S, and Garchomp, as well as any other troubling Dragon-types not named Reshiram or Palkia. If Mewtwo can get one Calm Mind under its belt, it truly becomes ferocious. Mewtwo often gets sent in to revenge kill slower threats due to his speed. A Timid nature combined with maxed out Special Attack and Speed, Mewtwo is the fastest Mewtwo around. Life Orb is for extra striking power.

382.png

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

This Kyogre sets retains most of the power of that of the Choice Specs set but instead becomes quite fast, enabling it to defeat foes it once couldn't have. Water Spout hits for tons of damage on everything that isn't resisted and not named Chansey or Blissey. Thunder takes care of Flying-types and other Water-types. Ice Beam takes down Dragon-types and Shaymin-S. Surf is rarely used but becomes more effective than Water Spout when Kyogre is below 70% HP. The EVs along with a Timid Nature makes this Kyogre the fastest a Kyogre can be.

205.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Nature: Sassy [+SpD, -Spe]
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Forretress is here in order to relieve my sweepers of entry hazards that plague my team, while setting up Toxic Spikes and possibly finishing setting up Spikes. Gyro Ball is surprisingly effective against fast and frail sweepers, but is mostly there so Forretress isn't complete Taunt-bait. Forretress is also the only Steel-type on my team, so I often switch to it to take a blow. Due to Forretress being on my team as a Spinner and a Spiker, I often let it fall asleep if I must. Forretress's ability Sturdy acts like a Focus Sash now in Gen 5, so Leftovers is added to Forretress to lessen the damage Forretress takes when I switch it in. The EVs and IVs, along with a Sassy nature, makes Forretress as Uber-proof as it can get, and makes Gyro Ball as powerful as it can be.

IMPORTABLE
I thought I would make it easy for you to test this team out or for you to steal and use as your own. Forretress needs 0 Spe IVs. If you use this team, I ask that you leave a comment as to how your experience was.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Superpower

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Well, that's the team. I am open to any reasonable suggestions although don't feel offended if I disregard your comment. Remember to read through the entire thread first before commenting. It's also apprecited if you rate this thread. Thank you for your time.

RANKING
(10:23:14) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 541/31378 [1236 points / 13 battles]!

I don't know why I included a random Jirachi (foreshadowing a later RMT)

Attachments

• jirachi.jpg
    jirachi.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.