• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sucker Punch: Best Movie Ever?

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
142032.png
(Trailer located here.)​

Alright, so this thread is for anyone who either has, wants to, or doesn't want to see Sucker Punch. Post with your thoughts on the movie, what made you want to see it or not see it, et cetera. Also, for those of you who saw it, what did you think of the ending?

Personally, I thought it was actually a really great movie. Despite all the male wish fulfillment pumped into almost every second of it, there's actually an incredible plot that makes you really shocked at the ending (though some parts of the plot were obvious from the start) and the soundtrack is amazing. It really comes down to what you want to get from it: you can either just go and watch the awesome action scenes and pretty girls, or you can do that and see the plot which actually doesn't become apparent until the very end and makes you question most of the movie. Many people seemed to end up confused by it, though, which was too bad. I've always been one to dislike movies for the most part, especially when it comes to what looks like "Just 'cause we can action and tits," but this is probably one of my new favorite movies of all time. I'd strongly suggest people see it, no matter what they thought of the opening trailer. Can't wait till it comes out for DVD hahah. c:

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
When I saw this thread, my first thought was that the "male wish fulfillment" was going to be the OP's reason for thinking it was the best movie ever, lol. It looks like an awesome movie from the trailers and commercials for it, even beyond just the good-looking girls in revealing outfits. That said, we must give credit where credit is due: it's good eye-candy.

I never go to the movies anymore, but if I did, this would be a top choice. Not even just for the girl who played Violet Baudelaire in A Series of Unfortunate Events. But golly, she's purdy. :p

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I saw yesterday, it was a pretty good movie. I wanted to see it because I saw the trailer and was like "that was f'n trippy." Then I learned Jamie Chung (Amber) was in it, which made me want to watch it even more. Like you said I ended up confused, but only for the first 20 minutes. There were a couple of haters in the theater, two guys walked out in the middle and one older gentleman said it sucked. Meh, to each his own I guess. And the scene where "The Mayor" walked in like a boss was awesome.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
It's funny because absolutely nobody will go to see this movie for the plot.
I know I didn't. Lol. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was more of it than I ever would have even imagined in my wildest of dreams.

@Profesco- The eye candy is going to be the reason why this is a blockbuster hit and it probably won't get much recognition due to that simple fact. xD I'm just shocked that they were able to incorporate the eye candy in a realistic (lol) way. When you see girls fighting undead steam-powered nazi zombies with samurai swords it's hard to imagine it's realistic, but the movie handles it really well.

@Pkmn Trainer Rex- Yeah, I went with a large group of friends. Out of the fifteen to twenty that went only three or four people didn't like it, and three of those that didn't like it only didn't like it because they couldn't figure out what was going on. Lol. Also, yeah. The part with the mayor was hilarious. xD

Seem

Hollen i ven.
Looks great, sounds great. Certainly going to see it when I get the chance!

NicSmitty

It was alright. I thought the plot was really lame but it's probably the only movie that had titties, dragons, nazi zombies, cyborgs, and mecha samurai all in one storyline. so pretty legit.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I
@Pkmn Trainer Rex- Yeah, I went with a large group of friends. Out of the fifteen to twenty that went only three or four people didn't like it, and three of those that didn't like it only didn't like it because they couldn't figure out what was going on. Lol. Also, yeah. The part with the mayor was hilarious. xD

I got the song from the specific scene in the movie, he so did not fit the music or the pimpness of it. xD

I was trying to piece together how one "reality" fit with the other one, mid way through I decided that the end will connect it while still trying to think about it. And in the end it did, I still had to connect the pieces a little but it made sense. Some people have no patience.

Shuam

righteous
Saw a screening of this before it came out and went to a press conference for it. It was pretty cool, ngl. But the action was entirely unnecessary.

Evil Quagsire

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny
I guess I'll be the buzzkill in this thread and say that it looks terrible, and I never plan on seeing it. Why? It looks unpleasant to me, because I know that it's not actually a wish-fulfillment fantasy as much as it is a mockery of the audience it's being marketed towards. Which I suppose is a worthy cause, except that it doesn't often make for a good movie. Zach Snyder's films are all sly meta-commentaries on/mockeries of the audiences they're superficially made for, but he doesn't quite have the directing ability to make it work.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Zach Snyder's films are all sly meta-commentaries on/mockeries of the audiences they're superficially made for, but he doesn't quite have the directing ability to make it work.

I figured someone would eventually say they didn't wanna see it. xD I would've been sad if everyone just said it looked good and they wanted to. I see your point on that and it's actually a pretty good one. I personally think he managed to do a really good job with this one, though- it's true that the movie is advertised as "male wish fulfillment" and the movie actually ends up showing how hurt the women become in hopes of trying to live up to this male wish fulfillment aspect though some of his plot methods can be considered questionable. In the end I'd say he actually did do a decent job, however.

Djura

99% chance to hit
What the hell are you people smoking? Sucker Punch? A good movie?