• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suddenly, Pokécheck appeared...

Has Pokécheck "ruined the fun" of trading?

• Yes, users should catch their own Pokémon rather than leech off of other's work.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, I find it to be a great website and an invaluable part of my gameplay experience.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Never really bothered to care about it, I just go with the flow.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • DOWN WITH POKECHECK, BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsène

Suddenly, Pokécheck appeared...

*Not sure if discussing this site is allowed here*

I'm sure many of you may have noticed the sudden influx of users from not just this forum, but almost everywhere Pokémon related taking advantage of this website. What it basically does is rely on the usual "GTS Exploit" by fiddling with your DNS settings to connect to a different server of sorts.

The point of this? "Check the IVs, EVs, PID, secret ID, hidden power type and power of your pokémon and compare them with a base of commonly distributed hacks", but that's not the only thing you could do with it...

The website is home to over half a million Pokemon ranging from standard obtained Pokémon, RNG manipulated, "legal, battle-ready hacks" and full out hacks. The vast majority of these are "public" and can be downloaded by anyone. Theoretically, you could completely eliminate the need for trading and even get around the "ribbons" that the website attaches to the Pokémon themselves. Of course, I won't explain how that's performed.

Has this website in a way, ruined the fun of just trading or utilizing the normal GTS? Have Pokécheck obtained 'mons interfered with your trade shops/"businesses"? Will Pokécheck inevitably rule the virtual world?

Vote on the poll or share your thoughts below.

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
Wow. I didn't know you could do all that with Pokecheck. I'm in an odd position, seeing as i used the site to find my SID for RNGing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I never bothered with it, to be honest.

silverwolf922

U lieks Oshawott
The only thing that I've ever used the Pokecheck website for was to get some Pokemon that I'd other wise never get. I never got any obviously hacked Pokemon except for a shiney Victini. The Pokemon I got won't be used in any kind of fights, except for the Gengar that I cloned for myself and evolved myself, and possibly the flawless Scizor that I got.

Summer Sun!
well i use pokecheck for my shops sprites but my house won't let pokeheck work i have tried many times

Aegon

Pokécheck's invaluable to me. I rarely use it for its downloading feature, though, instead I use it for checking IVs accurately. It's such a handy tool.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Yes,since pokecheck came trading is useless.thats one of the reasons i closed my shop and i'm breeding for competitive pokemon+getting all the events i can get myself.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
You know, this is one of those things that doesn't affect me if people use it. I don't really care one way or the other if people use it.

As far as ruining the fun of trading, not really. No more than hacking, cloning, or RNG'ing has.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
We at Serebii aren't exactly keen on promoting the use of Pokéchecker. As it's technology can be used to provide hacked Pokémon. This is why I can't allow this discussion to continue.

I'm also shutting this since it was bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.