• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suggestions for Emerald Team

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I finally got around to playing Emerald and I have two open spots for my main team (preparing for the Pokemon League). I'm going for a well rounded group with type coverage, so any suggestions?

Current Team:
Blaziken (Physical) - Brick Break, Overheat, Bulk Up, Return

Mightyena (Physical) - Crunch, Roar, Taunt, Dig

Ludicolo (Special) - Rain Dance, Surf, Ice Beam, Giga Drain

Altaria - Fly, Rest, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw

I kind of want a physical wall or something with substitute. Also some psychic and electric moves.

Aelov

Mightyena is, in all honesty one of the worst pokemon you can catch in the game, and because moves are based on their type before gen 4, it's STAB is SPECIAL, which doesn't exactly benefit it. When I was new to gen 3 I used mightyena for my playthrough, and I somehow beat the league with it, so it's not a necessary replacement, but if you want a dark type, use absol, whose insane attack makes up for it's lack of physical STAB

Also note that your Altaria's DD set isn't going to boost dragon claw, don't know if that was intended or not.

A solid physical wall (with psychic moves!) I've heard great things of yet haven't tried out is Solrock. Smogon can probably explain it better than I, but it's typing and ability covers up blaziken's ground and flying weakness, along with ludicolo's flying weakness. It's weaknesses can be covered by your current pokemon:

Water - Easy covered by ludicolo
Bug - Not a common type tbh but easily covered by Blaziken
Dark - Easily covered by blaziken
Ghost - Covered by absol/mightyena and if you choose to keep mightyena, intimidate will help.

As for your last team member, I recommend manetric, used it on almost all of my runs, no problem whatsoever.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Beat the Elite 4!
I kept my Mightyena for sentimental reasons and evolved my HM slave into Slaking.
I ended up going with Gardevoir for the last one, with Psychic and Tbolt.
For some reason I was under the impression that Gardevoir was part Grass, which was why I left Ralts in the box for so long :(

kankoon11

Dude honestly, mighthyena sucks butthole, if you want a dark type i suggest absol, but he's not very good either. if u wanted a good grass type go get vileplume or bellosom. will also want a steel type so go pick up a aggron.(earlier evolution@aron ) another useful.pokemon is gardevoir. u can pick it up on that route between the second town of the game and ur dads gym.

ashiemore

Alakazam or Gardevoir would be good choices for psychics, while I Magneton has helped me a lot as an electric type attacker and tank. Biggest hint: get rid of Mightyena and replace it with an Absol or something.

~ashiemore