• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suggestions for Jolteon please.

Wow... seems I'm into a Vow-breaking spree. >.>

Oh well... I need help. I have a Jolteon setted up as a Parashuffler (Thunder Wave + Roar, you know... I guess.). I know it's not the best of the ideas, and not because Blissey runs rampant here (It doesn't. Neither do any kind of Cleric for that matter...), but because of Jolty's total lack of lastability. I've been thinking to have a Baton Passing Set or a Wish Set, but I'm not sure. And since I'm not eager to waste Substitute's Move Tutor or restarting LeafGreen for the uptempth time, I wanna see what'd be better for my Team...

Those are the Sets I'm thinking about...

Set #1:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Substitute/Agility
Baton Pass

Set #2:
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Grass/Water/Ice]
Substitute/Agility
Baton Pass

Set #3:
Thunderbolt
Substitute/Agility/Thunder Wave
Substitute/Agility/Thunder Wave
Baton Pass

Set #4:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Hidden Power [Grass/Water/Ice]
Wish

I also need suggestions for his Item. Salac Berry, Leftovers or Petaya Berry? The EV Spread I tend to use is 200 SA/Sp, 56 SD and 54 HP... but I'll accept suggestions for this too. I also like Modest Nature...

And well... here's my Team so you can choose the best Set for my new Jolteon easier.

031.gif

Gardy
EVs: 252 SA... and I forgot the rest.
Nature: Modest
Ability: Synchronize

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
@Lum Berry

091.gif

Kireihana
EVs: 124 HP/Df/SA/SD, 14 Sp.
Nature: Bold
Ability: Chlorophyll

Magical Leaf
Hidden Power [Fire]
Sleep Powder
Synthesis
@Leftovers

009.gif

Aquarius
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Df, 124 SD, 4 Sp.
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent

Surf
Ice Beam
Haze
Rest
@Leftovers/Chesto Berry

127.gif

Crusher
EVs: 252 At, 129 Sp/HP
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Hidden Power [Bug]
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
@Salac Berry/Leftovers

189.gif

Etowa-Ryu
EVs: 200 At/Sp, 56 HP, 54 SD
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate

Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance
@Leftovers

Here it is. Tell me which Jolteon Moveset would be better for my Team, and if you want, rate the Team too.

Note that this Team is for Link Battles and Battle Frontier, but since I really want not-as close-minded advice, I posted it here. I hope you can help me, though...

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
KirbyXD said:
Well here's what I think:
Rain dance, thunderbolt, thunder, iron tail or quick attack.

And here's what I think about your set:
It's total rubish.

The sets Orion Master posted are 100 times better than yours. Never use attack moves of the same type, Thunder-dancing isn't great, and Jolteon's attack is terrible.

As for the topic at hand, I think either Set#2 or #3 will work best for your team. Though I think any of those sets will work, but I'm not too thrilled about #4.

Well, it's definitely better than KirbyXD's suggestion.

Hey OM. Seeing you in the RMT Section is quite a sight indeed. Next up, watch me venture into the Shipping Section =O

Personally, I like #2 best. Jolteon isn't meant to last, but it can Pass fairly well with good Speed and Sp. Attack to knock out potential threats.

Also, kudos to you for getting such excellent Hidden Powers for your Pokémon. I do so remember the agony of trying to get a Modest HP Ice Moltres, Adamant HP Fighting Unown, Jolly HP Ghost Hitmonchan......Yeah, it's horror. So congrats, it takes true patience to work toward such a goal persistently.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

P

PhiJer

not thunder AND bolt..that is so unnessesery

Rain dance, thunder, agility and baton

PhiJer said:
not thunder AND bolt..that is so unnessesery

Rain dance, thunder, agility and baton
K, why waste a turn making sure Thunder never misses when you can just use T-Bolt and not miss in the first place? Plus, Rain Dance says hi to Swift Swimmers, and you've left yourself open to a finishing blow from your opponent. gj, you've just made a great set-up for the opposite team:)

Not to mention, your 'brilliant' strategy gets Walled hard by Marowak, who, if wielding a Thick Club, lols as it sets up freely and proceeds to destroy your team.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
yes lets use rain dance and get ko'd on the same turn, GREAT ****ING PLAN THERE HOTSHOT

also

rain dance + thunder VS turns of thunderbolt

1)
rain dance = 0 power
bolt = 95 power

2)
thunder = 120
bolt = 190

3)
thunder = 240
bolt = 285

4)
thunder = 360
bolt = 380

5)
thunder = 480
bolt = 475

WOW GREAT JOB WASTING 5 TURNS TO MAKE RAIN DANCE + THUNDER MORE EFFECTIVE THEN JUST THUNDERBOLT

anyway

substitute/baton pass/thunderbolt/hidden power [grass/ice]

is the only usable jolteon set

Thanks for the suggestions, people. I was expecting Set #2 to be chosen, seeing it was the "Standard" and such :)rolleyes: ), but I just wanted to confirm...

I'll make this. I'll test Agility first, though (Team needs Speed more than lastability.), and if I don't see it working, I'll teach Substitute. Thanks again! :)

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Also, kudos to you for getting such excellent Hidden Powers for your Pokémon. I do so remember the agony of trying to get a Modest HP Ice Moltres, Adamant HP Fighting Unown, Jolly HP Ghost Hitmonchan......Yeah, it's horror. So congrats, it takes true patience to work toward such a goal persistently.
Hehe, thanks. ^^ It wasn't as hard for me. Somehow, I'm 00ber lucky when it comes to Hidden Power. Weird, seeing how I'm the most unlucky person alive. It just took me 5 hatchlings with the right Nature to get the HP Fire Oddish and the HP Bug Pinsir I wanted. Nature Breeding helps too much too. So far, the only failure was my Hitmonchan, whom ended with awful IVs and HP Bug, and it wouldn't get HP Ghost ever despite the father being my Colosseum's Hitmontop with HP Ghost. Might try it again someday, though...

Aming for Nature AND Hidden Power on a Legendary seems a bit extreme, though. Lotsa congrats on that. O_O;

Thanks again everyone! And just as I expected... an argument brewed. =o