• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suggestions for: P/Pt Team

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Current team:

;130; Gyrados Male@ Lustrous Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Intimidate
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Water Pulse or Iron Head

;407; Roserade Female@ Miracle Seed
Nature: Adament
Ability: Natural Cure
- Toxic (Maybe switch with Toxic Spikes)
- Magical Leaf
- Shadow Ball
- Mega Drain

;149; Dragonite Male@ Razor Claw
Nature: Docile
Ability: Inner Focus
- Fly
- Fire Punch
- Aqua Tail (Maybe switch with Ice Beam)
- Thunder Punch

(Soon to be team):

;157; Typhlosion Male@ Leftovers
Nature: - (whatever's best)
Ability: Blaze
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Eruption
- Thunderpunch

;466; Electrivire Male@ Shell Bell
Ability: Motor Drive
- ThunderBolt
- Swift
- Earthquake
- Psychic (Magnet Rise for Pt)

;326; Grumpig Female@
Ability: Own Tempo
- Psychic
- Power Gem
- Drain Punch
- Brick Break

I don't care much about the nature (not sure how it affects the Pokemon) but if there are any suggestions as to what nature would be best for the Pokemon that'd be great.

Last edited:

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake / Stone Edge
~ Ice Fang / Bounce / Taunt

Dragon Dance and Waterfall are beastly. Stone Edge gives better coverage than Earthquake but is less accurate. Ice Fang lets you hit Grass-type harder, as does Bounce (which is only mentionable because it gets STAB, and also because the AI rarely switches). Taunt prevents stuff like Double Team and Thunder Wave from messing you up. Putting special moves on Gyarados is just silly.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Sleep Powder
~ Energy Ball
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Shadow Ball

Pretty useful ingame to hurt things and put stuff to sleep. Toxic Spikes is useless ingame because you're better off just pulverizing things than trying to whittle down their health. :s

Dragonite @ Leftovers / Yache Berry
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Def)
~ Dragon Claw
~ Ice Beam
~ ThunderPunch / Thunderbolt
~ Earthquake

Do what Gyarados and Salamence can't: Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Dragon Dance + Outrage is great on this guy, but Salamence can do it better.

Typhlosion @ Life Orb / Expert Belt / Choice Scarf
Mild Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Def)
~ Eruption
~ ThunderPunch
~ Focus Blast
~ Earthquake / Heat Wave / Flamethrower / Lava Plume / Will-O-Wisp

STAB Eruption pulverizes things. ThunderPunch hits Gyarados and Mantine (if you ever see it). Focus Blast gives coverage. Earthquake does as well, but you might want a more reliable secondary STAB move or Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers.

Electivire @ Expert Belt / Muscle Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
~ ThunderPunch
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake
~ Cross Chop

Hasn't changed at all from D/P. If you REALLY want to use Magnet Rise (though I don't really recommend it), put it over Earthquake, since Gyarados and Dragonite already cover Ground.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
~ Psychic / Extrasensory
~ Calm Mind
~ Reflect
~ Confuse Ray / Thunder Wave / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

Supports the team with Reflect. Hurts stuff after a few Calm Minds with STAB. Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave are always handy, but Focus Blast lets you hit Dark-types and Steel-types and Shadow Ball lets you hit Psychic-types.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
I noticed that you had Leftovers for 3 of the pokemon, yet I don't know how to get 3 leftovers. At least easily.

Gyrados: ;130;
- Would Dragon Dance + Surf be good for Gyrados? I kinda need Surf to get
places. :p
- I thought about having Stone Edge in place of Earthquake. It's a good thing I didn't use TM yet.
- I forgot about having Ice attacks. Thanks.

Roserade: ;407;
- I like those suggestions. Thanks.

Dragonite: ;149;
- I had Fly for Dragonite, because not only do I use it to fly around but it has also proved very useful in battle. :)
- I like the other suggestions.

Typhlosion: ;157;
- Is Focus Blast a 2 turn attack?
- Instead of Lava Plume I had Flamethrower because it has the same accuracy, higher attack and same ability.

Electrivire: ;466;
- I had Magnet Rise to make it invulnerable from Ground attacks. According to Serebii, Ground is the only type super effective on Electrivire.
- I actually think I am going to switch Psychic and Swift. Psychic just to take care of Fighting pokemon.
- If Adament is better for Electrivire, then I guess Thunder Punch is a better replacement for Thunder Bolt.

Grumpig: ;326;
- I had BrickBreak and DrainPunch to take care of Dark types, Psychic for Ghosts, and PowerGem to handle Bug types. :p

Again. Thank you for the suggestions. :)

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Dragonite @ Shell Bell
~ Fly
~ Surf
~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Dance / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

There you go. Use him for HMs. Gyarados + Electivire + Typhlosion provide enough power ingame anyways.

For Electivire, I would suggest my set. ThunderPunch/Ice Punch/Cross Chop/Earthquake provide excellent coverage. Yes, Magnet Rise means you have no weaknesses, but it's not worth losing an attacking move. If you predict Earthquake, just switch to Gyarados; it's simple.

Focus Blast is NOT a two-turn move. It is a special Fighting-type 120 base power move with 5 PP and 70% accuracy, which is pretty damn good on Typhlosion.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Dragonite @ Shell Bell
~ Fly
~ Surf
~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Dance / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

There you go. Use him for HMs. Gyarados + Electivire + Typhlosion provide enough power ingame anyways.
Thank you. ;)

For Electivire, I would suggest my set. ThunderPunch/Ice Punch/Cross Chop/Earthquake provide excellent coverage. Yes, Magnet Rise means you have no weaknesses, but it's not worth losing an attacking move. If you predict Earthquake, just switch to Gyarados; it's simple.

You have a point. If I were to go up against a ground type I might as well change pokemon instead of battling it out. I could do more damage with the Gyrados.

Focus Blast is NOT a two-turn move. It is a special Fighting-type 120 base power move with 5 PP and 70% accuracy, which is pretty damn good on Typhlosion.

I'll try it (when I get a Typhlosion). Thank you for the suggestions. :)

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I think you need another special sweeper.

Typhlosion @ Life Orb?
Modest Nature
Ability: Blaze
-Flamethrower/Eruption
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Focus Blast

or

Starmie @ Wise Glasses/Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Grass Knot

Last edited:
Kinda QuakEdge weak, and yeah I agree with Poke friend, you need a second special sweeper, and based on his set, I think Choice Scarf would be good if you pick Eruption, Life Orb recoil will make it weaker and weaker

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Current team:

;130; Gyrados Male@ Lustrous Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Intimidate
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Water Pulse or Iron Head

I forgot to quote this earlier. Why does Gyarados have a Lustrous Orb? And I agree with ContestNoir888. It is somewhat QuakEdge weak. I'd go with an Electivire+Starmie+Forretress team, but that's just me.

Last edited:

arceus03

They can be strong in battle. :|

I think that he meant Surf should be used on HM slave, not Gyarados. I don't think he meant that Gyara should be an HM slave.

I forgot to quote this earlier. Why does Gyarados have a Lustrous Orb? And I agree with ContestNoir888. It is somewhat QuakEdge weak. I'd go with an Electivire+Starmie+Forretress team, but that's just me.

I think it's Life Orb.

Adding to what everyone said, half of this team is also BoltBeam weak, though that can be countered by Grumpig's Calm Mind.

randomn00b:Add 1 to your tally xD

I think that he meant Surf should be used on HM slave, not Gyarados. I don't think he meant that Gyara should be an HM slave.
Are you crazy.Surf is the second strongest water move.It is preffered over hydro pump for some people.Use this gyrados set:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Naive Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Surf
~ Earthquake
~ Ice fang

arceus03

Are you crazy.Surf is the second strongest water move.It is preffered over hydro pump for some people.Use this gyrados set:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Naive Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Surf
~ Earthquake
~ Ice fang

Yes I am

True, Surf is the second strongest water move. BUT coming from Gyarados whose SAtk is 60 is a big no. Unless that Gyarados somehow has Nasty Plot =P

I've never seen people using a mixed Gyarados yet xD

Yes I am

True, Surf is the second strongest water move. BUT coming from Gyarados whose SAtk is 60 is a big no. Unless that Gyarados somehow has Nasty Plot =P

You sholdnt ve cut Yes I am.
Lol(jk) Guess you re right.I ve seen physical bliss.Lol and who uses gyra as a hm slave

Ignore my last post and use this
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~ Dragon Dance
~ Watefall/Aqua tail
~ Earthquake
~ Ice fang

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11

I gave the Lustrous Orb to Gyrados because it has both Dragon and Water type attacks. And what's QuakEdge weak? I'm kinda new to this battling thing. :p

I just got a Magikarp with an Adament nature. At lvl 17 it's stats are.

Atk - 11
Def - 25
Sp.Atk - 10
Sp.Def - 12
Speed - 37

Is it worth keeping?

I gave the Lustrous Orb to Gyrados because it has both Dragon and Water type attacks. And what's QuakEdge weak? I'm kinda new to this battling thing. :p

You must be really new.Lustrous boosts dragon and water type attacks of palkia and only palkia.Quakedge weak means your pokemon is weak to earthquake and stone edge.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Yes I am

Gyarados@Life Orb
Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
Trait: Intimidate
240 HP, 220 Sp. Atk, 68 Atk

Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

Reminds of Third Generation MixDos. Hydro Pump is for Skarmory/Weezing/Other random physical walls.