• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suggestions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Now im a fan of animes that have these elements

Action
Adventure
Humour
Mystery
Sometimes horror

I thought of

InuYasha
FMA
Wolfs Rein
Nauto

Can you suggest any others???

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Ooh, 4 outta those 5 catagories you've mentioned makes "One Piece" a must-see for you. Though, it's strongly advised you watch the Japanese version, instead of the English version.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Yugioh has all of those, particulary some of the season "0". I suggest you watch the original as well.

So does Keroro Gunsou....XD

Season 0 whats that? Ive heard abit about one called season zero, is that it? Or do you mean the first season with pegasus?

Also what is Keroro Hunsou about?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Season 0 was never show in US.

Keroro Gunsou is an awesome anime with action, adventure, and LOTS of humour.

Mystery and Horror too, cept usually is parodying something.

Mimori Kiryu

Well, since you listed Action, Adventure, Humour, I'd suggest s-CRY-ed if you could buy the box set somewhere. It's great and only 26 episodes long. =D

AngelofCruxis

Subaku no Gaara
For mystery/some action i'd go forDetective Conan. I believe that's that name of it.

For a lot of action, i like Samurai Champloo. S-cry-ed has a little of everything you listed though, so that might be good for you. It's a kind of short, but it's good.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Season 0 whats that? Ive heard abit about one called season zero, is that it? Or do you mean the first season with pegasus?

Also what is Keroro Hunsou about?

Seriously, though. You really should give One Piece a chance. The catagories you decribed seem like it'd be a perfect (or close to perfect) fit for you.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Seriously, though. You really should give One Piece a chance. The catagories you decribed seem like it'd be a perfect (or close to perfect) fit for you.

Hmm, i might just do that, thanks for the suggestions, if you think of any others please let me know ;)

Kotochan

My only shiny <3
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has some action and humor, and a lot of mystery and horror. Hunter x Hunter is an action show that also has some humor and plenty of other things.

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Is that the full name? 0.o
Yes it is and it's a simply awesome anime. x3 Just better warn you though, Kotochan never pointed out how graphic some of the violence can be, so I better just point that out. ^^; Even hardcore violence junkies have their limits.

Another good one for mystery would be Spiral. The ending wasn't the greatest IMO, but the characters and other parts of the story were really good and interesting.

Sybot

What are your tolerances for violence? I would recommend Hellsing OVA but it might be too violent for you.

Lets see...

Action: Lots of this, but be warned that it is very bloody.
Adventure: I'm not to sure on the definition of 'adventure' in this context...but it isn't like, for example, One Piece.
Humour: There's some off-the-wall humor and the whole thing doesn't take itself too seriously. Edit- I should add that most of the humour is very dark.
Mystery: A little bit of this, but not much
Horror: Vampires, insane priests, ghouls (and later...) werewolves, illusionists, mad scientists, Schrodinger's Cat(boy), Nazi Vampires. I think this category is in the bag.

If you decide to check this one out, don't go for the original anime (thirteen episodes, completed) as, while it is good for the first half it falls apart in the second due to not following the manga.

The new OVA (two 40-50 minute 'episodes', ongoing) is much better, although they only seem to release a new episode every 6 months or so. Currently only subs of this are available. The first two episodes of this cover the same ground as the first half of the original anime. After this they should begin to diverge.

As I said before, it is very violent, so take that into consideration.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
I have to say that One Piece and Full Metal Alchemist are musts if you like all of those.

There is not really any Horror in One Piece though. And a word of advice, STAY AWAY FROM THE DUB!!! If you watch the dub first, you are not even getting a quarter of how good it is.

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Well, here are my suggestions...

Fullmetal Alchemist:

Has: Action, Adventure, Humor, a little Horror

One Piece (Japanese version, BEWARE THE 4KIDS DUB!!!):

Has: Action, Adventure, Humor

Now and Then, Here and There:

Has: ... Abuse. But it's a really serious and depressing, yet genius animé, so, watch only if you have fully decided on doing so.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Konjiki no Gash Bell (Zatch Bell)

has alot of action (in the sub version, theres tooons) lots of adventure for Kiyo, Zatch, and etc are always going out on an adventure other than in Japan, and TONS of humor. (If you want the REALLY good humor that the dub cuts out, then watch the sub. Parco Folgore is... well, I'll let you find out.)

Lol, if your bored or just want a kick at one of the worst attempts to dub anime, go watch the One Piece dub. Lots of humor.. XDD

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
Getbackers is a brilliant anime, seriously overlooked and very funny, and full of action and fantasy

So its simply called

Getbackers? I will look into that, thanks ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.