• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sugimori Pixel Sprites

Kinrah

Assassin Host
Ok, so I got bored. :p So I pulled up the sugimori art for Vulpix (both shiny and non-) from Pokemonelite2000, copied them into paint, copied over the shiny and non-shiny game sprites from a sprite sheet made by *checks* Polar Koala, did some painstakingly time-consuming work, and this is what I ended up with:

vulpixsugimori.png

Please note that I couldn't get the transparency to work. What do you guys think?

Kinrah

Assassin Host
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Wow. o___o That's *AMAZING*.

I love the shading. How'd you do it? o___o!

With a lot of patience and a good eye for similarly coloured pixels. ;) I did the shiny one first, then simply recoloured it for the normal one. I'm glad you like it. :) I'll probably do more... but I've gotta get up early, so it's off I go...

Oh, and Irken, this is the first time I've done spriting this big. Before this it was just limited to recoloured OW trainers and badly shaded revamps.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
For your first time. That is excellent!

Aptenodytes

Wow, that is your first? o___O If that's your first, I can't wait to see your fifth :p. Are you currently working on any right now?

kapslock

Well for starter's it's really good.
But not all critics are going to say that.
You used one color for the out line.IIRC Arn't pixel overs suposed to look like sprites, but bigger? for a pretty good guid, go here and then click on pixel overs.The revamping guid can help also for outlining help. Do yourself a favor, and make another pixelover, or impove your vulpixe pixelovers.Then post em here so we can glomp at themLOL

Shadow_Fox

Chaotic Dreamer
*Waves to Jasmine Lover* Reverie from PAF. And this is the correct section, im pretty sure. Its still just simple pixel art.

Pixel overs aren't exactly amazingly difficult, but this is very nice. My only complaints are that it's chest comes to a sharp point where it meets the right leg, and the hock of its rear left leg has a few extra pixels on the outline. Otherwise, great start.

~

Kinrah

Assassin Host
Ok, noted. Bonemerang, the time you posted that, I was asleep! ;) I'll fix the Vulpix sprites first, then I'll keep simple... I'll probably do Diglett next.

ø®ΑпGЗ ♠ - Oops! I guess I was half asleep! (which I probably was.)

EDIT: Ok, fixed but not resized - though I'll resize Diglett when I start it.

Last edited:

Kinrah

Assassin Host
Ok, back from school. Feared the worst, because shortly after 9.00 the power went out, and apparently some idiots doing roadworks or something had cut a power cable and disabled power to the entier of the City nearby. Still working on Diglett.

EDIT: Ok, here's Diglett. I tried the transparency again, but Photoshop is being annoying and will only create background transparency in completely new images. >.< Resized to 64*64 pixels now.

diglettsugimori2.png

Last edited:

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Hey Kinrah! Wow, you're amazing at this!! I especially love the Vulpix, but the Diglett one is good too!

By any chance are you taking requests? Cuz I sure know someone who'd love it if you did a Pachirisu ^^ *cough*

Keep it up,
T. Rachel

Kinrah

Assassin Host
Once I get comfortable with them, I'll open up a thread in Fan Art requests. For now though, I'm just getting used to sorting the shading out and that stuff.