• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer 2013

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Summer! The time of going to the beach! Bathing in the sun! Swimming! Or just staying inside and watching anime.

Yeah, that sounds good.

Luckily summer season is looking better than ever for anime. Lots of good-looking sequels and highly anticipated new shows. Here's the big fat chart you've all been waiting for:

I'll be definitely watching:

TV
Monogatari Series Second Season
Because who hasn't been looking forward to this?
Silver Spoon
Read some of the manga about a year or two ago. Same author of Fullmetal Alchemist AND it's being animated by A-1 Pictures. So excite.
Free!
Not really my demographic but it's KyoAni so yeah.
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! (or It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!)
I read the manga, pretty funny stuff. Looking forward to seeing it animated.
The World God Only Knows Season 3
Because I've been waiting ever since the day season 2 ended and the credits showed even more new characters. Back then there was little possibility of this happening so I'm really glad it finally did.

OVAs
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Shingeki no Kyojin
Little Busters!
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
Suisei no Gargatia

Movies (y'know, much later)
Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Stuff I'm not sure if I'll watch yet:
Uchouten Kazoku
I loved Tatami Galaxy. Same writer. I really enjoyed the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei character designs. Same designer. Sounds like a good combination right?
Rozen Maiden
I haven't watched the older Rozen Maiden series. Is it any good? The main draw for me here is Miyuki Sawashiro who plays the main character right? Not much else I'm interested in though.
Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Kōtō-ka C3-Bu (or Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3)
Gainax. Girls. Guns. Miyuki Sawashiro again.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The World God Only Knows is getting a third season now? The whole anime's on my list... guess I'll wait on it a little bit longer. (Because I hate waiting weekly for new episodes to be subbed.)

Hmm... not sure which one I should list to follow later... though Love Lab caught my eye for some reason. It looks like a shoujo-ai to me (not a fan of that genre), but it's hard to say. I suppose Kimi no Iru Machi is another one. And is it just me, or are there quite a bit of mystery/detective and supernatural anime on that list?

[SUB](Probably is just me...)[/SUB]

The ones that did catch my eye and make me go "yessssss" were the Corpse Party OVA and the new Studio Ghibli movie Kaze Tachinu. Of course, I don't expect that to be dubbed until I guess next year, but hey, at least I'll keep an eye out for a Ghibli movie that has the word "wind" in it xD.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Not gonna make a full post yet till i get some time but anyone that's not going to watch Hyperdimention Neptunia aka Chou Jigen Game Neptune The Animation need to reevaluate their life and the decisions that they make. Seriously, watch it.

And play the games, they're awesome. loli console wars

but don't play the first one

that one sucked

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
So excited for The World God Only Knows season 3 finished season 2 today and im loving the anime so much. sucks most of the anime sequels that are coming out i havent even seen the prequels for i should probably do that. but still looks like alot of good animes

and season 2 of senyuu is really exciting to i loved the first season

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Charizard Champion#06;16010087[B said:
Rozen Maiden[/B]
I haven't watched the older Rozen Maiden series. Is it any good?

Yes.

Except the OVA, which is, frankly, ****ing terrible.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Besides most sequels and movies(since we're not getting the movies any time soon(DAMNIT, GINTAMA)), I plan on watching:

TV shows
Monogatari Second Season, cause hype
Kimi no Iru Machi, cause I like romance things
Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou, since it'll be interesting where the Magical Girl genre goes
Kin-iro Mosiac, cause I can
High School DxD New, since I like watching series completely
Blood Lad, since it seems interesting
Uchouten Kazoku, even though P.A Works last two shows weren't all that good, I'll keep my faith
Love Lab, since I have no life
Silver Spoon, same author as FMA
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou: Interesting premise
Danganronpa, same as above
Gainax long title, cause Gainax
It's not my fault I'm not popular, since it seems to be something everyone will watch
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, since I like slice of life shows
Gatchaman Crowds, since it seems interesting
Free!, since KyoAni
Fate/kalied liner Prisma Illya, because Fate/Zero was good
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, interesting premise
The World God Only Knows 3, but need to catch up on manga first
Hyperdimesion Neptunia, to see if it'll get me into the actual video game series
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, since Madhouse

Movies
Hal
Gintama Final
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-Tachi wa Mada Shiranai

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Man.

So many I want to watch.

And I'm getting a job soon...

QQ

The world god only knows is my ****. I love this. <3

Covering the goddess arc and Yui's arc(Though skipping Minami's arc.)

I'm not TOO annoyed, but only because its getting season 3 in the first place. <3

Probably gonna watch both neptuna and free, which look like fanservice shows of both the boy and girl variety.
/mostly likely just going to stalk the forums for free. XD

THE REACTIONS. I MUST SEE THEM.

I MIGHT watch Rozen maiden, but ehh, you know.

I will probably watch the magical girl variant of fate though. Looks like fun.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I was about to come here and post this very same thread.

Anyway, I'll be watching:

TV Shows:
  • Tamayura ~Futatose~ - assuming I can finish up the first season beforehand, which I do have downloaded and ready to go
  • Servant X Service - Watching purely because A-1 Pictures
  • Monogatari Series Second Season - My most anticipated for Summer, more Monogatari is always a good thing.
  • Recorder to Randoseru Mi - The first two seasons were fun little shorts, hopefully this follows suit.
  • Kini-iro Mosaic - It's that show I only knew about before the anime was announced thanks to the ads being left in Hidamari Sketch, watching because cute girls.
  • Uchouten Kazoku - Much like Servant X Service, I'm giving this a go purely for the studio, though it's P.A. Works instead of A-1 Pictures. I just hope it's better than RDG.
  • Love Lab - More cute girls doing cute things
  • Gin no Saji: Silver Spoon - Heard fairly good things about the manga, being another A-1 Pictures show is all it needed to make me watch though.
  • Danganronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation - The concept sounds interesting, I just hope it doesn't turn out like Mirai Nikki.
  • Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Kotou-ka C3-bu - Cute girls doing cute air soft things, watching pretty much for the cute girls part.
  • Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! - Read bits and pieces of the manga, the bits I did read were quite funny.
  • Free! - Watching for KyoAni.
  • Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya - Watching for Fate/ characters.
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS - AKA loli basketball. I'm not even going to try and lie, I'm not watching this for the basketball part.
  • Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai III - More KamiNomi is always welcome
  • Chou Jigen Game Neptune The Animation - Another case of watching for cute girls
  • Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - Concept sounds interesting enough, plus it's Madhouse.

OVAs:
  • Shinrakyu! Ika Musume
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! Tomoka no Ichigo Sundae
  • Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Little Busters!
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Suisei no Gargantia
  • Seitokai no Shukujitsu
  • Minami-ke
  • To Love-Ru Darkness
  • Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito

Movies:
  • Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Do want more Ghost in the Shell.
  • Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei - Just like Ghost in the Shell, DO WANT.
  • Ano hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai - Hopefully this is as good as the TV series was.
  • Gekijouban Gintama Kanketsu-hen: Yorozuya yo Eien Nare - More Gintama is always a good thing.

free, which look like fanservice shows

I see a lot of people complain that Free! is going to be full of fanservice. They forget that KyoAni have never been heavy on fanservice. There may be tiny bits here and there, like Haruhi's harassment of Mikuru, or that onsen episode in Hyouka, but they never go full blown fanservice. My bet is this will simply be K-ON! but with guys in a swim club instead of cute girls in a light music club.

Last edited:

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I see a lot of people complain that Free! is going to be full of fanservice. They forget that KyoAni have never been heavy on fanservice. There may be tiny bits here and there, like Haruhi's harassment of Mikuru, or that onsen episode in Hyouka, but they never go full blown fanservice. My bet is this will simply be K-ON! but with guys in a swim club instead of cute girls in a light music club.

Even with that...

I'ma still mostly be stalking the forums for the reactions more then watching the show.

Whether it be CUTE, or HOT, or THIS IS AWESOME, it doesn't matter, I just think its gonna be fun. xD

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Pffft, I was watching Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid last night. Fully exposed breasts, nipples and all, I was quite surprised. And about 10 seconds of Chidori's animated butt wiggling around.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Pffft, I was watching Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid last night. Fully exposed breasts, nipples and all, I was quite surprised. And about 10 seconds of Chidori's animated butt wiggling around.

Are we talking a single episode, or multiple episodes? Because if its a single episode my point still stands.

I really should watch FMP sooner or later.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Summer! The time of going to the beach! Bathing in the sun! Swimming! Or just staying inside and watching anime.

Yeah, that sounds good.

Luckily [X/Y/Z] season is looking better than ever for anime.

People have said that for every season of anime that has ever been produced, pardon my laughing at that statement. Every next season is the best, until it starts, and then people whine how it sucks, and how next season will be so much better.

Hopefully many suck so I can drop them cause my list is toooooo long and some stuff from spring is carrying over (Ginga Kikoutai and Giants Eating Ppl)
Watching:
Tamayura - if I manage S1 prior to S2's beginning
A Town Where You Are/Live(Kimi no Iru Machi) - Slice of life + romance always gets a chance from me.
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyo - Madoka Ripoff or not, looks appetizing.
Servant x Service - Unless it turns out to be a 4-koma/5-min type adaptation.
Neko(Shiro)/Kabuki/Hana/Oni/Otori/Koi-Monogatari - Best series of 2o13!
Kin-iro Mosaic - SOL, can't be worse than Yuyushiki and I'm watching that crap so I'll try this
High School DxD - only if I get around to S1 first
Fantasista Doll - premise looks appealing
Love Lab - Generic SOL but also cannot be worse than Yuyushiki
Uchoten Kazoku - P.A. Works......need I say more
Silver Spoon - FMA author, enough said
Danganronpa...title is loooong - survival game? count me in
C3-bu - Guns/Suruga Kanbaru's seiyuu......
Brothers Conflict - Reverse incest harem?
It's Your Fault I'm Un-popular - read some manga years ago
A Sunday Without God
Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai V3
Fate Kaleid........Mahou Shoujo?
Free!/Kitakubu/Gatchaman

Maybe:
Blood Lad - looks kinda dumb but it'll merit a testing
Inu to Hasami..... - again, looks ridiculous

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Fully exposed breasts? They didn't have them in Fumoffu's hot spring episode, but they have them in The Second Raid? ...No, this has got to be a trick. There's something you're not telling us, right?

At the top of my list is Monogatari Series: Second Season, because Bakemonogatari is one of my favourite series ever, and Nekomonogatari (Black) got me excited about the series all over again when I saw it in January. Danganronpa looks like it could be a lot of fun - I like the stipulation that the murders have to be covert. It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular! seems like it'd be my kind of thing. And I have to try Kin-iro Mosaic purely because I'm a Brit, and I want to see why the heck they think adding British girls is going to make a show funnier (probably through a lot of insane stereotypes, which could actually be pretty funny). Oh, and I'll be watching The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc, because I had some fun with previous seasons.

I'm not sure about the others. Blood Lad (can't tell what style this is going to have), Uchouten Kazoku (next to no info) and Free! are all maybes, and there's usually something I haven't mentioned here that I end up watching when the season begins.

Zazie

So 1991
And play the games, they're awesome. loli console wars

Everything I have heard about Idea Factory has been negative, so I think I will pass. (don't have a PS3 anyway)

Looks like there is nothing all that interesting for the summer, (not like any of the past few seasons have really interested me anyway). I was hoping for the new Sailor Moon anime, but I guess that won't be until fall.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Are we talking a single episode, or multiple episodes? Because if its a single episode my point still stands.

I really should watch FMP sooner or later.

Well I'm only a few episodes into it so I'm not sure if it happens again later.

Fully exposed breasts? They didn't have them in Fumoffu's hot spring episode, but they have them in The Second Raid? ...No, this has got to be a trick. There's something you're not telling us, right?

I found it a bit weird too but yeah, no trick. It was episode 2. (And it was Miyuki Sawashiro's character so yay)

People have said that for every season of anime that has ever been produced, pardon my laughing at that statement. Every next season is the best, until it starts, and then people whine how it sucks, and how next season will be so much better.

Yeah, you've got a point. I've been pretty excited for a bunch of upcoming shows this season but chances are if Fall has Chuunibyou 2 and Kill la Kill I'll be saying the same thing.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Everything I have heard about Idea Factory has been negative, so I think I will pass. (don't have a PS3 anyway)

You're missing out on great lines (All the game has going for it besides gameplay and Characters), not a system buyer though.

[img139]http://media.vandalimg.com/m/15824/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-201321104831_22.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://gamershavennews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/16_1155.jpeg[/img139]
[img139]http://www.play3.de/wp-content/gallery/hyperdimension-neptunia-v_270113/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory_2013_01-16-13_076jpg_600.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/peperoguy/20110226225755.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/jCl8bVN.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/059/995177_20110301_screen001.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/53a02ad522dcb1759fac1e22dea422ad/tumblr_mmkf812vq71qgtmejo1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/c59c743f001c3a1638caed4eb88940fe/tumblr_mn1upf7r171redk68o5_1280.png[/img139]
[img139]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ih70BZwkfMM/UMknSSKAs4I/AAAAAAAABtI/r0GThYp2Pzk/20121211145011.jpg?imgmax=800[/img139]

Seriously, I'm sure the adaptation will be just as good.

Last edited:

Autis-misc

Abridger
I'm not sure how I feel about Futari wa Milky Holmes. it looks like a resized version of the Shugo Chara! Guardians, but with an entirely different plot. I wouldn't be very suprised if they were made by the same animation company.

Kaze tachinu looks like a Studio Ghibli Film. couldn't miss that for the life of me.

ANOTHER Fate/ series spinoff? except with Magical Girl's instead of Magi's? That kinda sounds disappointing, in my opinion. I've never hated Magical Girl Animes, but one based off the Fate series doesn't sound right to me....

I could barely make it through Rozen Maiden. I don't hate it, but I don't like it, either. I don't know why. Not sure if I'll watch the new series or not (probably not...)

I may watch Love Lab, just because I have a weird taste in stuff like that...

Gen'ei o kakeru Taiyou looks interesting enough.

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku also seems like one of those animes that would actually fit me well enough to watch it. I don't stay after school for anything anymore.

Zazie

So 1991
You're missing out on great lines (All the game has going for it besides gameplay and Characters), not a system buyer though.

[img139]http://media.vandalimg.com/m/15824/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-201321104831_22.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://gamershavennews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/16_1155.jpeg[/img139]
[img139]http://www.play3.de/wp-content/gallery/hyperdimension-neptunia-v_270113/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory_2013_01-16-13_076jpg_600.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/peperoguy/20110226225755.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://i.imgur.com/jCl8bVN.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/059/995177_20110301_screen001.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/53a02ad522dcb1759fac1e22dea422ad/tumblr_mmkf812vq71qgtmejo1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/c59c743f001c3a1638caed4eb88940fe/tumblr_mn1upf7r171redk68o5_1280.png[/img139]
[img139]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ih70BZwkfMM/UMknSSKAs4I/AAAAAAAABtI/r0GThYp2Pzk/20121211145011.jpg?imgmax=800[/img139]

Seriously, I'm sure the adaptation will be just as good.

The premise is interesting enough, so I guess I can give the anime a try. I would like to be trying to watch one series a season.