• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 12th: M22- Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (July 16: Supportive screening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or they make a whole other story. I am still bothered by the order they used for the three movies. Wouldnt it more logical if that Gen 8 pokemon appears ánd if it is about Mewtwo to do the movie now before the game comes out and not afterwards?
Well I honestly think that most of the LGPE hype would have died then by the time the movie gets released but at least some people will buy it much later so for these people it could at least attract some to buying these games. But still announcing the Mythical beforehand and including it in this movie will bring hype to the upcoming 2019 Pokémon Switch games. So it makes sense in the promotional sense of view because Pokémon movies were intended to be promotional in the first place.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Not necessarily, I mean heck look at how they handle the movies that advertise the remakes of Red &Blue/Green, Gold& Silver, and Ruby & Sapphire, if you look at it the movie that advertise those remakes didn't come out until July of the following year for instance Firered & Leaf Green came out in Japan in 2004 While Lucario and The Mystery of Mew didn't come out in Japan until July of 2005, in HeartGold & SoulSilver's case they came out in Japan in 2009 but Zoroark: Masters of Illusion didn't come out in Japan until July of 2010, and ORAS came out in 2014 while the movie Hoopa and the Clash of Ages didn't come out until July of 2015.

So given that it makes perfect sense that the Mewtwo Strikes back Evolution which is going to advertise Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee would be coming out in 2019 since Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are coming out this year.
It is out in November this year ........

ShadowForce720

It is out in November this year ........

Yeah I know the games are coming out this year in November but if you really look at the movie that promotes the games doesn't tend to come out until July of the year after the games come out so for instance even though ORAS came out in 2014 the movie that promoted it didn't come out until July 2015, so it makes sense that the move coming out July of next year is going to be the one that promote the games that are coming out this year.

Redstar45

Yeah now i know but sorry that i was little confused about what you say by let's go pikachu and eevee out in 2019 .

Redstar45

I know i know now thank anyway .

Redstar45

I think the information will be out in November or something like that

Redstar45

Redstar45

I think that i alright got that now but thanks for help .....i guess ?

Redstar45

Maybe or it could definitely mean something else .....we need more info about what the m22 is going to about then other then just the return of mewtwo .

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe or it could definitely mean something else .....we need more info about what the m22 is going to about then other then just the return of mewtwo .
Yeah but we'll have to wait several months for any more information to come. So for the time being there wouldn't be much based on confirmed information and rather based on wishful thinking and speculation.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Finally, some genuinely exciting Pokémon news! Can't wait to see M01's genocidal maniac again.

Curious to see if they'll use the Japanese characterization or the Mewtwo Strikes Back characterization for the dub.

Redstar45

Um in Japanese version of the retell.....they would keep it's personally a same as in the first movie......but if it is just a sequel to mewtwo ! I am here dvd movie then his personality probably is that you know?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Finally, some genuinely exciting Pokémon news! Can't wait to see M01's genocidal maniac again.

Curious to see if they'll use the Japanese characterization or the Mewtwo Strikes Back characterization for the dub.
I would assume they'll stick to the Japanese characterization. Other than Team Rocket spouting puns non-stop, the dub doesn't really go out of its way to change the script these days from what I've seen.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I would assume they'll stick to the Japanese characterization. Other than Team Rocket spouting puns non-stop, the dub doesn't really go out of its way to change the script these days from what I've seen.

That's actually kinda disappointing. I don't really like the current Pokémon dub, but I'd watch the M01 dub for classic Mewtwo.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

The real difference in characterization was Mew, though. Mewtwo was mostly the same in both, a Social Darwinist who believed clones were stronger. Mew in the original is basically the same but says originals are better. The dub basically turned Gray vs Grey into Black vs White.

Status
Not open for further replies.