• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer homework.

Most students should have it.
So what boring busywork is your summer task?
I have three english reports, Vocab for history, and Math assignments.
I think this mindless drivel is utterly pointless except for reviewing. There's about 180 school days and I do believe that's enough time to teach the material we need to learn. But whatever, what do all of you have?

Erienne

Anime high :D
Bare basic high school reading. Other than that, nada.
Also, I think this belongs in Polls.

Jink

DY-NO-MITE
For English Honors I have to read and fill out a question form about the book Tangerine and also for four short stories.

It's not much but it's still a pain to be required to do any work, especially since I have to go out and buy this book and find these stories online.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I have read three books for AP Lit, two of which I have to write essays for and the third a sort of journal (essays are for Fahrenheit 451 and Hamlet; journal is for Tale of Two Cities).

Then I've got to read another book for AP World History, answer a bunch of questions about it, then write an essay.

They never give summer homework here :D

So nope, I don't have any.

TSL

Mischievous.
Read three books, write a resume and college essay.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I don't know what I have yet. Last year when I was an incoming Freshman I had to read The Tao of Pooh for English and then The Alchemist for Spanish. The Tao of Pooh was a drag to read but after we went over it in English and we all understood it it was actually quite interesting. The Alchemist was a really good book, but we never did anything with it in Spanish. -.-

My teacher told me that incoming Sophomores do have summer work, but they mail it out to us. I miss school though! It was actually really fun this year, and for once I actually want the summer to pass by as fast as possible. Hopefully some summer work will help pass the time.

Yeah. I'm strange. But my school is county-wide so I won't see my friends as much during the summer like I did with my elementary school friends last summer. A lot of my new friends live an hour away, and I don't talk to my friends from elementary school as much. Woo summer work!

SmartD

I didn't get any summer homework, so I got the whole summer to myself.

superjesus1

I don't have any this year as i'm now out of high school - Hooray =D

Though in the past I have gotten coursework to do over the summer - namely History and Food Technology =(

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
I've got to read 2 books and write 10 Journal Entries for each.

This is the second time, when I was 5th Grade going into 6th, I only had to read one, and no Journal Entries -.-

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I ain't got none homework this year.

In fact, I've only had summer work once, for an AP Biology class. It was kind of funny, since the teacher explicitly told us not to wait until the last two weeks of summer to do it, since it was around twelve chapters' worth of work. My friend and I waited until the last two days to do it... and still got the highest grades in the class on it, interestingly enough.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I have to read the same book twice for AP History, and take specific notes and answer 60+ questions.

As for english, I have to read 3 different books, and write notes.

I ain't got none homework this year.

In fact, I've only had summer work once, for an AP Biology class. It was kind of funny, since the teacher explicitly told us not to wait until the last two weeks of summer to do it, since it was around twelve chapters' worth of work. My friend and I waited until the last two days to do it... and still got the highest grades in the class on it, interestingly enough.
At least you got instructions-when I took that class, we didn't get any and then the teacher tells us that he's not going to grade it after all. x___x

~@};-

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Here in Canada, we don't have summer homework. Only summer school, if we choose or our grades are bad enough.

Elite Four Muadita

Not a single piece of homework =) hurray for lazyness =D