• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer homework.

It really depends on whether or not you opt for harder AP and Honors classes (mainly English) that affect your Summer Homework.

I have opted for AP English, so my reward is to read "A Farewell to Arms" and the plawright of "A Streetcar named Desire"

I'm also doing an online health class to get credits.

golden_charizard

Shiny Hunter
Nope, I don't have any.:D

In fact, this is the first time I heard of summer homework. So How does it work, do you have the same teachers as the year before or do you give it to the new teachers?

ironknight42

I managed to run my arse outta that place as they were handing the packets out on the last day, pretending I didn't hear them.

I haven't heard about them since, hehehe.

I doubt you actually did that but if you did I advise trying to get them because otherwise they will drag down first quarter grades. All of these people with no summer work make me sad. Why are they not being educated against their will over the summer like me?

Conker

I have to said that I am glad to live in Canada. I can rest and enjoy my Summer with out fear for do dates.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I doubt you actually did that but if you did I advise trying to get them because otherwise they will drag down first quarter grades. All of these people with no summer work make me sad. Why are they not being educated against their will over the summer like me?

Because we people who do willl probably have a edge in college.

I'm glad i don't have to do any math work over the summer.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Filling out my FAFSA and taking my College Placement Test. More than any of you got. xP

Dragon of miracle

Meh... I don't care
2 Japanese novel to read and write a report about it. 12 pages long in math text book, a history report, geograpy and a books full of Haiku to read. Nah, Japanese school, what do they know.

Chimcharrulez97

2 Japanese novel to read and write a report about it. 12 pages long in math text book, a history report, geograpy and a books full of Haiku to read. Nah, Japanese school, what do they know.

Ouch. I only have a ten page math packet with several problems that I learned in the beginning of the school year so I have no idea how to figure them out.

Ethan

Banned
No, but I've actually volunteered to do summer school though for Freshmen year. I was getting a C in math and there was no possible way to get an A, so I failed on purpose. Sure, you might say that that's a completely idiotic thing to do because I'd be wasting my summer right? Not really. You just go for an hour during the morning, twice a weak, and you can leave as soon as you're finished. They don't teach you anything, they just give you all the work for the qaurter to get done, and because summer school is a 6 week program, they cut some of the stuff out. I actually managed to get a 98.6% in summer school. Better grade, and I still had my summer to enjoy.

As far as summer homework for a regular in year class, nope. I'm free this year.

Melloyu

no homework fir me !
I'm in my 8th week of vacation and still have 7 weeks to go :D

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
I have to read The Kite Runner for an honors English class and for AP world History I have to read the first nine chapters and write an essay =( summer assignments suck.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
Most students should have it.
So what boring busywork is your summer task?
I have three english reports, Vocab for history, and Math assignments.
I think this mindless drivel is utterly pointless except for reviewing. There's about 180 school days and I do believe that's enough time to teach the material we need to learn. But whatever, what do all of you have?

I have to find an example of each event for Forensics, which is thankfully easy.

Light in darkness

What should I do....

Buddy, you're forgetting the art project... We go to the same school.

Nope, I don't have any.:D

In fact, this is the first time I heard of summer homework. So How does it work, do you have the same teachers as the year before or do you give it to the new teachers?

Same here.
I think you need to give it to the old teacher.
Man it sucks doing work over the summer.

Vernikova

Champion
I don't receive any summer homework. The only thing that I will have to eventually do is community service. The community service is so I can graduate from high school and I need at least 50 hours of it to graduate. I can try to do 150 hours for some reward but I'm not going to try that.

Calm PokeMaster

Ther is no point in giving Holiday Homework.Last year I had to write an essay in Hindi about some famous authors,make a list of all the new books I read and new words I learnt,and submit it on the first day of school.

That took up most of the hols.