• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer Nights! (Well, days i guess)

my team out of ten?

• 1= its terrible and needs improvement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2= its very amature and needs work

• 3= its not too good

• 8= its a great team!

• 9= its nearly perfect, but there is a tiny error

• 10= its outstanding! its perfection!

• Total voters

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
It's me again! I have made a new OU team and it has been great so far. It is a Sun Team, and it is possibly my best team ever.

038.gif

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Well, what is a Sun Team without a ninetales with drought? I will lead with this pokemon most of the time to get infinite sun in play. Flamethrower is ninetales Sun boosted special stab. Toxic allows me to wear down dangerous sweepers and protect and substitute allows me to stall. If my opponent also has a weather pokemon, I will keep ninetales alive until that pokemon is defeated, so I get infinite sun.

006.gif

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- SolarBeam

Your probably asking "why in the name of arceus are you using an NU pokemon in OU?" Well, just look at this. In Sun with solar power, Charizard's special attack skyrockets to almost 500. This makes him likely to ko most pokemon with fire blast in the sun that don't resist it. Hidden power ice takes out powerful dragons like garchomp and salamence. Focus blast is to take out rock types but could miss whilst solar beam ends most water, ground and rock types. I have chosen choice scarf to increase my speed and wreak almost everything in Charizard' s path.

586.gif
http://i42.*******.com/2zeilhe.png
Credit to awildmew^^
Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Return
- Nature Power
- Swords Dance

This pokemon is surprisingly good. After swords dance, sawsbucks attack skyrockets to about 650. Thanks to chlorophyll, it can outspeed most if not all of the OU tier and sweep from there. Horn leech is reliable and serves as a form of recovery, Return has high base power and gets stab and nature power (earthquake) removes steels.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

This set is quite strait forward. Use calm mind to increase special attack and special defence, recover to get hp back, Dragon pulse is a powerfull stab attack and hp fire for coverage.This set will allow me to hopefully deal with rain teams and keldeo.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Sunny Day
- solar beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If my opponent has a weather pokemon, I start with this. First, use magma storm to prevent escape. Sunny day is then used to remove water boost or rock spd boost. Heatran can then attack it's weather opponent. Otherwise, I use heatran as a full out attacker. One thing I can do is switch in on garchomps outrage and use hp ice to kill it. Air balloon stops ground attacks.

232.gif

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Since I have Charizard, a rapid spinner is basically mandatory for this team. Rapid spin removes hazards, earthquake does quite a bit of damage, ice shard gets priority and is good for ko ing sash users like cloyster, and stealth rock gives me a hazard to use.

Thank you for reading my RMT. Please suggest changes and rate it out of 10.

Changes in greeeeeen! (Super paper Mario reference)

Last edited:

RzK

Meow
I'm not that much of a rater, but...

Breloom is great, but imo you should be using a Pokémon that gets benefited from Sun, because Breloom will be even more easily taken down in Sun.
And I'm not that sure about Kyurem B too...as I said, you need a Pokémon that can benefit from the sun. I'd suggest Swords Dance/Chlorophyll Sawsbuck. It can get up to 654 Attack in the Sun. And it is a devastating physical attacker in the Sun iirc.
I don't know if all my facts are correct, but i tried my best to help ^_^

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hey Minedreigon, pretty cool Sun team you've got here. That said, I do have a few points I could bring to your notice so that it may be improved.

First, I see an impending Flame Charge Heatran weakness once Breloom has been removed. IIRC, Heatran at full Hp(89.47% max will survive a Mach Punch and continue tobe able to counter your team thereafter. An easy fix to this would be to give your current Heatran Earth Power over Solar Beam to allow Heatran to hit hard other opposing variants of itself. Aside from this, Charizard could possibly revenge opposing Heatran with Focus Miss, but the unreliability of the attack will occasionally cost you the match. Much like Venusaur variants, however, Heatran can do quite well with the notorious coverage provided by Ground and Ice type attacks.

;485;
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest nature
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
- Fire Blast/ Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Sunny Day

Moving on, an alternative to Breloom to consider is Iron Fist Infernape. With better Speed, boost from the Sun, & an ability to hit hard with coverage moves like Mach, Fire and Thunder Punch,is highly beneficial. Having a Focus Sash to secure a sure set up of Swords Dance. Sawsbuck is also an option to consider since Natural Power is turned to Earthquake IIRC & it gains a nice boost in Speed with having Chlorophyll. A set of Natual Power/ Return, Jump Kick, Horn Leech & Swords Dance should suffice.

;392;
Infernape @ Focus Sash/ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
Jolly nature
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
----------------------------------------------------
:586:
Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Adamant/ Jolly nature
- Natual Power/ Return
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

For now, this all I can see of any help. At any rate, I hope this helped and best of luck with the team. :)

Minedreigon

Hey Minedreigon, pretty cool Sun team you've got here. That said, I do have a few points I could bring to your notice so that it may be improved.

First, I see an impending Flame Charge Heatran weakness once Breloom has been removed. IIRC, Heatran at full Hp(89.47% max will survive a Mach Punch and continue tobe able to counter your team thereafter. An easy fix to this would be to give your current Heatran Earth Power over Solar Beam to allow Heatran to hit hard other opposing variants of itself. Aside from this, Charizard could possibly revenge opposing Heatran with Focus Miss, but the unreliability of the attack will occasionally cost you the match. Much like Venusaur variants, however, Heatran can do quite well with the notorious coverage provided by Ground and Ice type attacks.

;485;
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest nature
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
- Fire Blast/ Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Sunny Day

Moving on, an alternative to Breloom to consider is Iron Fist Infernape. With better Speed, boost from the Sun, & an ability to hit hard with coverage moves like Mach, Fire and Thunder Punch,is highly beneficial. Having a Focus Sash to secure a sure set up of Swords Dance. Sawsbuck is also an option to consider since Natural Power is turned to Earthquake IIRC & it gains a nice boost in Speed with having Chlorophyll. A set of Natual Power/ Return, Jump Kick, Horn Leech & Swords Dance should suffice.

;392;
Infernape @ Focus Sash/ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
Jolly nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
----------------------------------------------------
:586:
Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Adamant/ Jolly nature
- Natual Power/ Return
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

For now, this all I can see of any help. At any rate, I hope this helped and best of luck with the team. :)

Thanks so much for the help! Well, I'm probably going to give sawsbuck a try, since 2 people have suggested it. All my changes will be in Green

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
All I've got is change Ninetails to a defensive set because unless you're running Sunny Day, Nasty Plot x Solarbeam is really crappy because Tyranitar and Politoed can come in on it, and then you lack a switchin to Politoed. Since I'm really tired I'm just going to suggest my changes quickly, Growth Venusaur>Breloom/Sawsbuck because it gives you something that can handle Keldeo somewhat decently in other weathers. Also run EQ / Growth / HP Ice / Giga Drain so you can remove Heatran for Zard, as well as dragons. At the moment it looks like you're relying on Ninetails to beat Keldeo which doesn't work with an offensive set. Next go CM Latias>Kyurem-B, since it also enjoys Heatran being gone, and can handle rain teams well. I'd use Recover / CM / Dragon Pulse / Reflect Type so you can beat Ttar. Go 252 HP / 252 Def on Donphan so it can actually take some hits. Offensive Donphan is garbage atm and you're using it to spin, so it needs to be able to take a hit to do so. Maybe keep some in attack to net Ice Shard some random important ko if you find one. Lastly, pleasepleaseplease go back to running Solarbeam on Heatran. It's the whole ****ing reason to use Trapper Heatran. Beating weather inducers. Without Solarbeam, Politoed beats you, and CB Ttar beats you with Superpower anyways iirc. I'd also throw some ev's into bulk so it can take Hydro Pump's better, as well as the random Superpower, just make sure it has 0% chance to OHKO. That's all I've got, good luck.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Change Flamethrower or Fire Blast to either: Air Slash or Hidden Power Ice. Makes no sense to put two of the same stab moves, its a waste of a move spot and you get less coverage. Here are the benefits of each:

Air Slash hits: keldeo, toxicroak
HP Ice: Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Gliscor, etc.

In short, HP ice is more useful but air slash gets stab. Pick whichever one you think will benefit you more.

Minedreigon

Change Flamethrower or Fire Blast to either: Air Slash or Hidden Power Ice. Makes no sense to put two of the same stab moves, its a waste of a move spot and you get less coverage. Here are the benefits of each:

Air Slash hits: keldeo, toxicroak
HP Ice: Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Gliscor, etc.

In short, HP ice is more useful but air slash gets stab. Pick whichever one you think will benefit you more.

I feel HP ice benefits me more, so I chose it over air slash. Thanks for the help!

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
It's me again! I have made a new OU team and it has been great so far. It is a Sun Team, and it is possibly my best team ever.

038.gif

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- sunny day
- Hypnosis

Well, what is a Sun Team without a ninetales with drought? I will lead with this pokemon most of the time to get infinite sun in play. Flamethrower is ninetales Sun boosted special stab. Will o wisp cripples offensive threats, such as gyrados or garchomp. sunny day removes rain or sand from switching in weather pokemon and hypnosis puts dangerous threats to sleep. If my opponent also has a weather pokemon, I will keep ninetales alive until that pokemon is defeated, so I get infinite sun.

006.gif

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- SolarBeam

Your probably asking "why in the name of arceus are you using an NU pokemon in OU?" Well, just look at this. In Sun with solar power, Charizard's special attack skyrockets to almost 500. This makes him likely to ko most pokemon with fire blast in the sun that don't resist it. Hidden power ice takes out powerful dragons like garchomp and salamence. Focus blast is to take out rock types but could miss whilst solar beam ends most water, ground and rock types. I have chosen choice scarf to increase my speed and wreak almost everything in Charizard' s path.

586.gif
http://i42.*******.com/2zeilhe.png
Credit to awildmew^^
Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Nature Power
- Swords Dance

This pokemon is surprisingly good. After swords dance, sawsbucks attack skyrockets to about 650. Thanks to chlorophyll, it can outspeed most if not all of the OU tier and sweep from there. Horn leech is reliable and serves as a form of recovery, jump kick deafeats steals like ferrothron after swords dance and nature power (earthquake) does a similar thing.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

This set is quite strait forward. Use calm mind to increase special attack and special defence, recover to get hp back, Dragon pulse is a powerfull stab attack and hp fire for coverage.This set will allow me to hopefully deal with rain teams and keldeo.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Sunny Day
- solar beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If my opponent has a weather pokemon, I start with this. First, use magma storm to prevent escape. Sunny day is then used to remove water boost or rock spd boost. Heatran can then attack it's weather opponent. Otherwise, I use heatran as a full out attacker. One thing I can do is switch in on garchomps outrage and use hp ice to kill it. Air balloon stops ground attacks.

232.gif

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Since I have Charizard, a rapid spinner is basically mandatory for this team. Rapid spin removes hazards, earthquake does quite a bit of damage, ice shard gets priority and is good for ko ing sash users like cloyster, and stealth rock gives me a hazard to use.

Thank you for reading my RMT. Please suggest changes and rate it out of 10.

Changes in greeeeeen! (Super paper Mario reference)

I just have one problem with your Ninetales. I understand you wan't to keep up the Sun, but you really have no use for Sunny Day. Especially since most weather teams causes you to be switching Ninetales in and out for weather wars. Another problem I have is Will-O-Wisp, you already have Flamethrower which is STAB and a possible burn, so why need Will-O-Wisp? I personally like to use a special defensive Ninetales that I created awhile back with my sun team that you may find useful, up to you though ;).

Ninetales

Calm
252hp/252spdef/4spatk
Leftovers
~Substitute
~Protect
~Toxic
~Flamethrower

Next up charizard. It is pretty standard as i can see. Only problem is x4 weak to rocks making stealth rock a huge threat. I noticed you had your rapid spinner as Donphan which is good, but as for Charizard you have it scarfed making it so it has to switch out in most cases. Maybe changing Charizard out? or just getting rid of the scarf. I would suggest Venusaur, but then it would be almost like my sun team :p and wouldn't be fair to have you use someone else's creativity.

Next, Sawsbuck, I don't honestly see a problem with this set because it is pretty standard for sun uses. Of course I have one problem with it, get rid of JUMP KICK! Put in Return as it's a STAB and can do heavy damage to pokes that resist Horn Leech and Nature power. Remember Sawsbuck is a sweeper, so switching out because you have something that resists its moves is no fun.

Latias looks fine.

Heatran.
Get rid of the Sunny Day, it honestly is useless to have extra weather condition move when in a weather war, the object is to keep your main weather user alive. I like the solar beam idea, as far as HP ice, maybe putting Earth Power instead. Considering you already have Pokemon that can hit dragon's hard. Earth Power will be good for Lucario, Terrakion, and Heatran. I suggest Lava Plume > Magma storm for the added effect of burn.

Donphan.

This is fine as it's just basically set up rocks and spin away. :)

Hope this helps you out, if not that is fine as well. :)

Minedreigon

I just have one problem with your Ninetales. I understand you wan't to keep up the Sun, but you really have no use for Sunny Day. Especially since most weather teams causes you to be switching Ninetales in and out for weather wars. Another problem I have is Will-O-Wisp, you already have Flamethrower which is STAB and a possible burn, so why need Will-O-Wisp? I personally like to use a special defensive Ninetales that I created awhile back with my sun team that you may find useful, up to you though ;).

Ninetales

Calm
252hp/252spdef/4spatk
Leftovers
~Substitute
~Protect
~Toxic
~Flamethrower

Next up charizard. It is pretty standard as i can see. Only problem is x4 weak to rocks making stealth rock a huge threat. I noticed you had your rapid spinner as Donphan which is good, but as for Charizard you have it scarfed making it so it has to switch out in most cases. Maybe changing Charizard out? or just getting rid of the scarf. I would suggest Venusaur, but then it would be almost like my sun team :p and wouldn't be fair to have you use someone else's creativity.

Next, Sawsbuck, I don't honestly see a problem with this set because it is pretty standard for sun uses. Of course I have one problem with it, get rid of JUMP KICK! Put in Return as it's a STAB and can do heavy damage to pokes that resist Horn Leech and Nature power. Remember Sawsbuck is a sweeper, so switching out because you have something that resists its moves is no fun.

Latias looks fine.

Heatran.
Get rid of the Sunny Day, it honestly is useless to have extra weather condition move when in a weather war, the object is to keep your main weather user alive. I like the solar beam idea, as far as HP ice, maybe putting Earth Power instead. Considering you already have Pokemon that can hit dragon's hard. Earth Power will be good for Lucario, Terrakion, and Heatran. I suggest Lava Plume > Magma storm for the added effect of burn.

Donphan.

This is fine as it's just basically set up rocks and spin away. :)

Hope this helps you out, if not that is fine as well. :)

Super helpful, thanks. I'll definitely change Ninetales since that looks like a good idea, and I'll consider changing Charizard, but I don't wanna use venusaur too much, so any suggestions?

As for heatran, the whole reason it's there is to trap weather pokemon with magma storm, use sunny day and KO then with solar beam. I like that, since I can win weather wars much easier, and it has been helpful on so many occasions.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
Super helpful, thanks. I'll definitely change Ninetales since that looks like a good idea, and I'll consider changing Charizard, but I don't wanna use venusaur too much, so any suggestions?

As for heatran, the whole reason it's there is to trap weather pokemon with magma storm, use sunny day and KO then with solar beam. I like that, since I can win weather wars much easier, and it has been helpful on so many occasions.
Okay, that sounds useful. You could try Tangrowth too? Mainly the purpose of sun teams is to use the sun for speed. I mean only other option I can see without getting hurt to much by rocks after Donphan is dead is maybe trying scarfed Dugtrio. But then you'd have a HUGE weakness to ice. :/