• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer of Discovery! (842)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Summer Camp! Enter the Rival Trio!!

As they near Shalour City, Ash & Co. learn of a Pokémon Summer Camp being held by Professor Sycamore. In this camp, the trainers compete with each other in various activities, and get scored based on it with the top trainers entering the special Hall of Fame. When at the camp, they meet a trio of trainers, Shauna Trevor & Tierno who have Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as their partner Pokémon. A rivalry quickly develops between the seven and the Summer Camp begins...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So Ash's Froakie loses to Tierno's Squirtle because of its unique style of fight i.e., incorporating dance moves in battle.

And i feel that this loss would trigger some sort of development for Froakie.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
This arc seems like it'll be all about Serena and her dream.

She got a lot of scenes in this episode.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
So Ash's Froakie loses to Tierno's Squirtle because of its unique style of fight i.e., incorporating dance moves in battle.

Not Serena things in this episode.
-the first character of the trio to appear is tierno, later Sana appears (or better said, Tierno sends out Shauna) and laTrevor appears mid-episode.

Co0ntinue editing.

The episode starts with a reference of Sycammore about Ash meeting Korrina'0s Mega lucario.

Ash is commonly seen with Tierno. Clemont is commonly see (or sort of) with trevor.

Team Rocket are disguised as chefs and don't attack the entire episode.

The three battles are unresolved ecept thaqt Tierno's Squirtle won against Froakie. However, it wasn't a KO!!!

I believe that the prize of defeating the Summer Camp is... facing Diantha!!! (Correct if I'm wrong, please).

The team of Ash and co is named Team Froakie. The team of Shauna/Tierno/Trevor is named Team Squirtle.

Ash knows the Kanto starters beforehand.

At the first half of the episode, Squirtle defeats a Conkeldurr.

Last edited:

X Drake

I Am Groot
So what about Clement's and Serena's fight?If it did happen at all,how did it end up?

Also did Ash's Froakie give a good fight or was it taken down easily.Anyway if Tierno does end up being Ash's league rival who Ash defeats like Paul,Trip and Gary,then I expect the final battle against him to be a Blastoise vs Greninja match then.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
what a mystifying ending in to be continued

and it seems serena was saying at the end that she somehow feels everyone has a dream but she still don't know what she really wants

yah like janovy said it seems this episode is focus on serena

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Bloody fun episode, Ash identified all the Kanto starters. Shauna is cute and Trevor is moe as ****. Tierno is bro and is voice by Katsu Anri.

Sycamore does an introduction prior to the start of the OP, apparently similar to the game.

After the girls say UMI DA! and meets with Sycamore, Ash reports to Sycamore about Mega Lucario.

There is a camp and Ash and company are in Team Froakie and get their own cabin. After Clemont mentions that Ash and Serena went to camp, focus is on Serena's face regarding that detail. Later, after meeting Tierno and its dancing style battle with Squirtle, they are introduced to Shauna, who remembers Serena from her Pokevision video. She fangirls over her and her Fennekin and also show them her Bulbasaur video. She shows them her somewhat vain Bulbasaur. Later, Trevor comes along, tired, apparently having the same constitution as Clemont. He also recalls Serean from her Pokevision video. Seeing this attention, Serena grabs her bangs and blushes, leading to Tierno to dance and call her cute. Before they go outside, Tierno mentions that Ash is from Kanto, and here he mentions that his dream is to be a pokemon master. As they leave, Serena is left alone wondering about "dreams".

They later battle to earn some apparent points, but not to the point of fainting. Apparently it is only those who draw "first blood" or gets the first hit. Serena is a total newb at this of course and is very hesitant in doing moves, Chespin is BTFO by Charmander, and Ash, well, is astounded by Squirtle's unorthodox dance-battle moves, as it nearly gets a hit before Froakie can use Water Pulse (Froakie used it before but was dodged by the dancing Squritle). However, it was an assured hit (its claws/fingers were on Froakie's neck) so Tierno wins. There is also something about Diantha related to the camp or something. They later eat dinner, where Clemont shows off his bag.

Later, Serena is alone at the docks and marvels at Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon Master, and apparently wonders about dreams herself.

For those who were wondering about Serena's character and apparent "goal-lessness". Now is the hour of reckoning. I believe this is an arc dedicated to her. Also, Pikachu is in the title screen for some reason.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I think that we shouldn't wait until reliable translations of this episodes come out and we need to know from people who know Japanese to know about the events of this episode.

I want a translation of the key events of the episode in the next 24 hours.

Janovy

Banned
Bloody fun episode, Ash identified all the Kanto starters. Shauna is cute and Trevor is moe as ****. Tierno is bro and is voice by Katsu Anri.

Sycamore does an introduction prior to the start of the OP, apparently similar to the game.

After the girls say UMI DA! and meets with Sycamore, Ash reports to Sycamore about Mega Lucario.

There is a camp and Ash and company are in Team Froakie and get their own cabin. After Clemont mentions that Ash and Serena went to camp, focus is on Serena's face regarding that detail. Later, after meeting Tierno and its dancing style battle with Squirtle, they are introduced to Shauna, who remembers Serena from her Pokevision video. She fangirls over her and her Fennekin and also show them her Bulbasaur video. She shows them her somewhat vain Bulbasaur. Later, Trevor comes along, tired, apparently having the same constitution as Clemont. He also recalls Serean from her Pokevision video. Seeing this attention, Serena grabs her bangs and blushes, leading to Tierno to dance and call her cute. Before they go outside, Tierno mentions that Ash is from Kanto, and here he mentions that his dream is to be a pokemon master. As they leave, Serena is left alone wondering about "dreams".

They later battle to earn some apparenty points, but not to the point of painting. Apparently it is only those who draw "first blood" or gets the first hit. Serena is a total newb at this of course and is very hesitant in doing moves, Chespins BTFO by Charmander, and Ash, well, is astounded by Squirtle's unorthodox dance-battle moves, as it nearly gets a hit before Froakie can use Water Pulse. However, it was an assured hit so Tierno wins. There is also something about Diantha related to the camp or something. They later eat dinner where Clemont shows off his bag.

Later, Serena is alone at the docks and marvels at Ash's dream of becoming a Pokemon Master, and apparently wonders about dreams herself.

For those who were wondering about Serena's character and apparent "goal-lessness". Now is the hour of reckoning. I believe this is an arc dedicated to her. Also, Pikachu is in the title screen for some reason.
Yes, this episode will have a lot to do with Serena, I agree.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
It seems that Shauna has a goal as well.
I am not exactly sure what it was (have to re-watch for confirmation), but she said something about becoming a "Performer' of some sort.

Janovy

Banned
It seems that Shauna has a goal as well.
I am not exactly sure what it was (have to re-watch for confirmation), but she said something about becoming a "Performer' of some sort.
She said she wants to become a Pokémon Performer.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So what about Clement's and Serena's fight?If it did happen at all,how did it end up?

Both the fights were not soon properly (their fights were limited to only the scenes that we got from the preview and magazine scans) but they did talk about it later, so a translation would be required to know if they discussed about the winners or not.

Also did Ash's Froakie give a good fight or was it taken down easily.

All of its moves were dodged by Squirtle, and at the end before it could attack, Squirtle used Rapid Spin to close-in on Froakie and marked its neck (with its claws) as a sign of defeat.

He wasn't taken down though or anything like that. Truthfully, neither of them took even negligible amount of damage. But that kind of defeat is actually worse than a KO.

Edit: This is how it ended.
[IMG139]http://s29.postimg.org/g14v9if8n/Squirtle_Vs_Froakie.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Interesting. She may give Serena the idea of it as well in the next coming episodes.

Can't wait!
To me it feels like this could all be leading up to Contests.

PokéVision? Pokémon Performer? I mean, it's kinda obvious.

nuzamaki90

Yup, I agree with Janovy. This episode looked like a Serena episode honestly lol and it really seems like this arc is where "The Road to Serena's Goal" begins.

Shauna and Bulbasaur want to become a Performer and it seems like her role model is Elle. Can't even talk about the others because I'm too into Shauna and Serena now lol

Rare_Candy

How's that ? Owned suckah !
Wow. This episode was excellent. I have nothing more to say, except that I want the XY40 RIGHT NOW. Even the XY trio is cool, I didn't expected to like them this much with only one episode since I don't care for them at all (except Shauna) in the games.

And Serena focus... I can't wait.