• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer of Discovery! (842)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Cons:
* While I'm glad it's being covered now, Serena's lack of a goal was mentioned way back in episode 6. It wasn't mentioned once since then... I don't get how Serena did not know Ash wants to be a Pokemon Master. She knows he's a Pokemon Trainer, and that obviously by becoming a great Pokemon Trainer, you'll eventually reach Master-level.

Well... Iris, Brock or Misty are Pokémon Trainers and yet they don't want to reach the Master level. His goal could simply be something less ambitious like "get as much gym badges as possible".

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Upon seeing the episode in actual good quality I have to ask myself if you some of you guys actually watched it.

Tierno was the best thing about the episode, he was the most enjoyable of the 3 kids and Squirtle was pretty fun, who cares if he got an win against a Conkeldurr, you guys were hating on him as soon as this was announced anyway, you would have found another thing to complain about him, just because the kid is fat and likes to dance people just hate on it, if it was little princess that wanted to dance people wouldn't have a problem with it, in fact we would see some kinda of shipping with 300 diferent characters or so and annoying fanart, people around here hated Kenyan for the same reason so I was expcting it.

Ofc I don't think its fine to have a begining trainer beat a Conkeldurr but they just wanted to use a big pokemon to show Squirtle agility, that was clearly the point.

I liked the starters interactions and I love when Froakie just seems to stop in time and is just looking at "things" with that bored face :D.

So basicly Serena video seems to be super popular, the 3 kids seem to be her fans and she is now from my observations thinking she is actually good at it and might eventually decide at the end of this arc to be a Pokevision idiol, the entire episode seems to be pointing to that(and next week also) this might end up with her not wanting to be it anymore but she seems to enjoy it and was flatered by the kids praises.

I liked the Kalos kids personalities, Squirtle is just like Tierno :p, Bulbasaur seems to be competitive and wanted nothing to do with competition(didnt see it subbed yet) and Charmander seems to be hyperactive while his trainer is not at all and can't keep up, they certainly were interesting.

Hum so Chespin is the new Oshawott indeed, pops out of the pokeball for no reason besides attention and to be funny I don't mind it but they could have put a generation gap on this gag it was just one gen ago.

Then it end with a one on one game of tags and apparently Satoshi and friends lost, atleast Froakie and Chespin got tagged, not sure what happend with Fennekin but I guess the energy ball hit it.

Like I said it was an enjoyable episode, good character interactions and like I said this is a setup episode.

Serena goal, Froakie bothered he lost to Squirtle are two thing that will be touched on for sure, actually looking forward to the rest of the arc, like I said before I don't like the whole idol thing(I find it absolutelly futile) but I'm sure the japanese and some people will like it here and atleast its brings some character progression so I'm all for it, probably will skip Pokevision related episode in the future but I'm just one person.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Ofc I don't think its fine to have a begining trainer beat a Conkeldurr but they just wanted to use a big pokemon to show Squirtle agility, that was clearly the point.

Even if that was the case the single rule was the first who hits gets the victory. I ask the writers if it was really necessary to turn Squirtle's Skull Bash into a OHKO move?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Even if that was the case the single rule was the first who hits gets the victory. I ask the writers if it was really necessary to turn Squirtle's Skull Bash into a OHKO move?

Like I said I'm not absolutelly fine with it, but they won't spend too much time to get their point across about Squirtle agility the point was made the battle ended they weren't going to spend a lot of time with a side battle, that same agiliy was then shown in the Froakie tag battle when Froakie is supposed to be a ninja frog and super fast he still got him without Froakie even noticing.

It was a plot point to show its agility, not weather it could beat a Conkeldurr or not.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Like I said I'm not absolutelly fine with it, but they won't spend too much time to get their point across about Squirtle agility the point was made the battle ended they weren't going to spend a lot of time with a side battle, that same agiliy was then shown in the Froakie tag battle when Froakie is supposed to be a ninja frog and super fast he still got him without Froakie even noticing.

It was a plot point to show its agility, not weather it could beat a Conkeldurr or not.

I think you didn't understand my point, though. Even if the writers wanted to portrait how quick his Squirtle is there was no need to OHKO Conkeldurr...

The writers wouldn't have to spend too much time in order to show their plot point regarding its speed. Squirtle could have done exactly the same it did during that period of time. Skull Bash could have still hit it first and yet give some dignity to Conkeldurr without having to destroy him.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think you didn't understand my point, though. Even if the writers wanted to portrait how quick his Squirtle is there was no need to OHKO Conkeldurr...

The writers wouldn't have to spend too much time in order to show their plot point regarding its speed. Squirtle could have done exactly the same it did during that period of time. Skull Bash could have still hit it first and yet give some dignity to Conkeldurr without having to destroy him.

I just explained that to you, they finished proving their point, so they just OHKO so the plot could move along, get it now? beating Conkeldurr or not OHKO or not wasn't the point of the battle, I'm not saying this is the right thing, I'm saying this is what they did.

No, I do not get it. As I already explained to you, the plot could move along the same way it did with Ash, Serena and Clemont without it ending the way it did for Conkeldurr. Anyway, I was judging the writers not you.

Well then I guess I will stop explaining it to you, nope you aren't getting it sorry, lol why would you be judging me anyway :D.

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I just explained that to you, they finished proving their point, so they just OHKO so the plot could move along, get it now? beating Conkeldurr or not OHKO or not wasn't the point of the battle, I'm not saying this is the right thing, I'm saying this is what they did.

No, I do not get it. As I already explained to you, the plot could move along the same way it did with Ash, Serena and Clemont without it ending the way it did for Conkeldurr. Anyway, I was judging the writers not you.

EDIT:
Well then I guess I will stop explaining it to you, nope you aren't getting it sorry, lol why would you be judging me anyway :D.

So will I. It seems you really can't understand you can showcase a speedy Pokémon without giving it that much strength which humiliates the Conkeldurr line even more.

Also, I am free to judge a point of view anytime lol and since you seemed butthurted it was for the best tell you to relax :D.

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

This episode was so cool :D :
* Prof. Sycamore and his sexy assistant welcomes you to the Pokémon Summer Camp
* Sycamore asking him about his journey, but he doesn't asks Serena and Clemont about theirs even when he gave them starters too ... OK
* It was a nice touch that Clemont reminded to Serena and him about how they knew each other in a Summer Camp in Kanto, that shows he's such a good friend that remembers important things like that
* Squirtle vs. Conkeldurr wasn't a touch battle, it was a regular practice battle, writers must lose badly in Wi Fi against the Timburr line
* Tierno dragging Shauna off her cool chat with random guys was hilarious XD
* The fact that Serena didn't even knew she could watch PokéVision in any Pokémon Center and still having only one while Shauna has like 8 makes me believe harder that PokéVision won't be Serena's goal
* Watching the sub, it looks like Shauna entered into her own PokéVision Channel and has Gothita, Flabébé and Swirlix ... curses
* Tierno fell in love with Serena about half hour after meeting her ... O ... K
* The Kalos Trio fangasming with Serena and not knowing a thing about the 5-Regions Competitor that climbed Prism Tower to face berserk Garchomp and appeared in the news and Lumiose City Gym Leader is like if they asked Rebecca Black an autograph dissing an Olympic Medalist and a Nobel Prize winner XD
* Serena covering herself with her hair ashamed ... DAMN!, that girl is so cute (n_n)
* Sociopath Bulbasaur, Hyperactive Charmander & Dancing Squirtle, yes, they are overexposed but, who cares?, Squirtle has the upper hand AT LAST
* Such a shame nobody of the Kalos Trio is collecting badges ... at least for now, Stephan wasn't collecting either, I'll cross my fingers
* Clemont being the only one who noted Serena's concern was really great, sure, it lasted 2 seconds but it shows how a nice guy he is, he did the same with Korrina
* Time to shatter some dreams: The only thing Sycamore said about Diantha was that she was in the Summer Camp in her childhood
* First touch battles weren't for points, so, Team Squirtle and Team Froakie are still in zero
* Shauna seems very excited even when Serena told her she hasn't battled before, that's cool, at least she made her aware to the fact that she is a Pokémon Trainer
* Clemont says his goal is creating inventions to help Pokémon ... wasn't his goal to get more courage?, nevermind, the inventions thing seems more interesting
* Pokémon Master, Pokémon Coreographer (Tierno says he wants to have a dance team), Pokémon Performer (another vague anime-exclusive goal for Shauna), Inventor and a glorified Watcher, it was about time for Serena to realize what she wants to do, and Fennekin licking her hand was beyond cute

An awesome episode, it looks like will have development for Serena and Froakie, I'm looking forward for the rest of the arc

Last edited:

nickdt

Seeing the battle with Froakie against Squirtle, i know we can anticipate for Ash getting his first time water starter full evolution. It makes me wonder though, if Fletchinder reaches his full evolution to make up for it.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Seeing the battle with Froakie against Squirtle, i know we can anticipate for Ash getting his first time water starter full evolution. It makes me wonder though, if Fletchinder reaches his full evolution to make up for it.

Make up for what?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I have some questions, better said "I have a lot of questions" about this episode.

Question 1: Why did Squirtle win against Froakie when Froakie touch Squirtle with her "claws"?

Question 2: What is the role of Team Rocket as chefs? One of them are steaking Pokemon at the end but... there are another objective?

Question 3: Is true that Shauna was various pokemon like Swirlix?

Question 4: What Serena said at the end of the episode?

Question 5: What is the reference of Diantha that appears at the start of the summer camp?

Question 6: Is true that in this episode, Fennekin is called a "female" pokemon?

Question 7: What are the roles of Shauna, Tierno and Trevor?

Question 8: Are they travelling together or each one is travelling to his own (Important for future episodes)

Question 9: What is the duration of the Summer Camp?

Question 10: Do exist a reference of why Shauna, Tierno and Trevor got the Kanto starters instead of the Kalos Starters?

Question 11: Is true that the video that Serena has made in XY21 is very famous?

Question 12: What Serena said in this episode about a lack of a direction in her?

Question 13: What was an expression of Shauna when she did learnt hat Serena hasn't had the first battle?

Question 14: Is said in this episode what is the prize of winning the Summer Camp?

Question 15: What moves used Shuna, Tierno and Trevor in their battle?

Janovy

Banned
Question 1: Why did Squirtle win against Froakie when Froakie touch Squirtle with her "claws"?

Question 2: What is the role of Team Rocket as chefs? One of them are steaking Pokemon at the end but... there are another objective?

Question 5: What is the reference of Diantha that appears at the start of the summer camp?

Question 6: Is true that in this episode, Fennekin is called a "female" pokemon?

Question 8: Are they travelling together or each one is travelling to his own (Important for future episodes)

Question 10: Do exist a reference of why Shauna, Tierno and Trevor got the Kanto starters instead of the Kalos Starters?

Question 11: Is true that the video that Serena has made in XY21 is very famous?

Question 12: What Serena said in this episode about a lack of a direction in her?

Question 13: What was an expression of Shauna when she did learnt hat Serena hasn't had the first battle?

Question 14: Is said in this episode what is the prize of winning the Summer Camp?

1. Froakie didn't even touch Squirtle.

2. They're clearly making some money, but they are playing their usual roles of observers who want to steal Pokemon. It's no different from Team Rocket having a job at the Pokemon League, they're simply there to get their screentime so the voice actors get paid.

3. The page showed Swirlix, Flabebe and Gothita too, so it's possible they're hers as well. All those were Shauna's PokeVision videos.

4. Serena said that everyone else is travelling for their goal, pointed out how everyone else has a goal and said she felt a bit bad.

5. Sycamore said that Diantha also went to the Summer Camp.

6. I don't know, but Fennekin was referred to as a girl before this episode.

7. They are the rivals for Ash, Serena and Clemont for this summer camp arc. It is unknown whether they'll remain their rivals.

8. They're travelling separately. The flashback clearly showed the trio separating after getting their starters.

9. Um, a few weeks? It's not really relevant.

10. Because all the Kalos starters were given away?

11. Shauna's video had over 20 thousands views while Serena's video had over 40 thousands views. So yes, Serena's video was popular, even more popular than Shauna's, but still not THAT popular.

12. In the first instance she just said '..dream' to nobody in particular and at the end of the episode, well, check number 4 again. Serena also admitted to Shauna that she never battled a trainer in an official battle before much to Shauna's surprise

13. Shauna expressed surprise at that because Pokemon Trainers are supposed to battle and train, which Serena doesn't. She also thought Serena was kinda out of it while battling. However, she was happy to be Serena's first trainer she will battle.

14. I'm not sure.

15. Bulbasaur used Energy Ball, Charmander used Flame Charge and Squirtle was just dancing around, not sure if he used any moves.

Last edited:

zhixun

1. Froakie didn't even touch Squirtle.

2. They're clearly making some money, but they are playing their usual roles of observers who want to steal Pokemon. It's no different from Team Rocket having a job at the Pokemon League, they're simply there to get their screentime so the voice actors get paid.

3. The page showed Swirlix, Flabebe and Gothita too, so it's possible they're hers as well. All those were Shauna's PokeVision videos.

4. Serena said that everyone else is travelling for their goal, pointed out how everyone else has a goal and said she felt a bit bad.

5. Sycamore said that Diantha also went to the Summer Camp.

6. I don't know, but Fennekin was referred to as a girl before this episode.

7. They are the rivals for Ash, Serena and Clemont for this summer camp arc. It is unknown whether they'll remain their rivals.

8. They're travelling separately. The flashback clearly showed the trio separating after getting their starters.

9. Um, a few weeks? It's not really relevant.

10. Because all the Kalos starters were given away?

11. Shauna's video had over 20 thousands views while Serena's video had over 40 thousands views. So yes, Serena's video was popular, even more popular than Shauna's, but still not THAT popular.

12. In the first instance she just said '..dream' to nobody in particular and at the end of the episode, well, check number 4 again. Serena also admitted to Shauna that she never battled a trainer in an official battle before much to Shauna's surprise

13. Shauna expressed surprise at that because Pokemon Trainers are supposed to battle and train, which Serena doesn't. She also thought Serena was kinda out of it while battling. However, she was happy to be Serena's first trainer she will battle.

14. I'm not sure.

15. Bulbasaur used Energy Ball, Charmander used Flame Charge and Squirtle was just dancing around, not sure if he used any moves.

Fokko was confirmed as a female Pokémon in XY021 if I recall correctly. I think Sana at the moment only has Fushigidane. Other Pokémon in the Pokévision comes from different people since both Serena's and Sana's videos are at the same screen. Tierno's Zenigame definitely used Kuusoku Supin, not sure the move in English and Rocketto Zutsuki/ Rocket Headbutt and Mizu Deppu/ Water Gun.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I have some questions, better said "I have a lot of questions" about this episode.

Shauna used Energy Ball,Trevor used Water Gun and Tierno used Skull Bash,Rapid Spin and Water Gun

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Fokko was confirmed as a female Pokémon in XY021 if I recall correctly. I think Sana at the moment only has Fushigidane. Other Pokémon in the Pokévision comes from different people since both Serena's and Sana's videos are at the same screen. Tierno's Zenigame definitely used Kuusoku Supin, not sure the move in English and Rocketto Zutsuki/ Rocket Headbutt and Mizu Deppu/ Water Gun.

It knows Rapid Spin (Kuusoku Supin), Water Gun and Skull Bash (Rocket Headbutt).

Those moves make me wonder if Squirtle will learn how to break-dance at some point.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I have to say that I loved how Team Rocket decided to have a job during this Summer Camp. I always find it entertaining whenever they decide to do it (and as usual they have an awful boss). It also makes those three seem more... real.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
So...I finally got a chance to watch this episode, and this is quite the interesting episode. I guess the PokeVision video from Episode 21 was there to be able to somehow connect the main group to and make interactions with Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. That also gave the writers a reason to make Shauna go nuts over Serena lol. Still, regardless, it was nice to see the main cast interact with Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor. Interesting interactions between Tierno and Ash, Shauna and Serena, and Trevor and Clemont, respectively. Trevor's Charmander was pretty hyper, and also occasionally set Chespin on fire. Shauna's Bulbasaur was kinda "oh, you're not Shauna, you're a pushover" kind of persona. And as for Tierno's Squirtle...well I don't know what to say, other than it mostly has the same personality as Tierno tbh. Shauna was pretty outgoing, and boy did she go nuts over Serena. The three really embarrassed Serena from what it seems in terms of viewing the PokeVision video and admiring it. This was interesting overall, and nice to see interactions between the group. And I guess all along, they waited for this to acknowledge the Serena's lack of a goal thing, hopefully this means I see less whining from now on, lol. So I guess a lot of the previous episodes set the leeway to this one.

Overall though, this was a pretty good episode. I can't wait to see more of the Camp episodes and how the main cast and the rival trio interact, and after that comes Korrina. Looking forward to more good things in this series.