• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Summer Wars

[IMGSIZE=318]http://i49.*******.com/qpqfbb.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

So if you ever had a doubt in your mind that director Mamoru Hosoda wasn't getting a fantastic headstart with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, then Summer Wars should really seals the deal. Quite simply I was rather amazed with this film and how such a strange concept transition into a liable piece of work. I'm not going to give a review on this, but I really want all of SPPf to check this out. It isn't released in the States yes, but I hear it's being shown at some festivals around the West. Or you could do the much easier solution and just pirate/subs it if you wish because that's currently the only way to view this movie at the comfort of your home without importing a DVD without any English subtitles.

Despite this it's still a worthy watch imo. If you liked his previous film, you may end up liking Summer Wars better like I did, or in the very least equally as good as it's really a fantastic film with great commentary on internet culture. So who else has seen this?

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I'll probably get around to it once my finals are done in two weeks (and will bump the thread with my thoughts), assuming it's not licensed before then.

On initial impressions, do you prefer this or The Girl Who Lept Through Time?

kinshara

Aero Head
isnt there a manga bout summer wars o.o

HK

Radiance of Shadows
isnt there a manga bout summer wars o.o
It's an adaption of the anime.

I'm trying very hard not to get the fansubs. Can't quite believe that it hasn't be licensed yet, but then again, many great titles aren't. Maybe it's not available or too expensive? Maybe after it finishes its film festival run?
Hosoda has already said it's been licensed, and it's already set to be released in the UK later this year. It's just a question of when.

On initial impressions, do you prefer this or The Girl Who Lept Through Time?
I prefer Summer Wars, but only slightly. They're both so good it's really insignificant to debate which is better. It's more significant getting people to watch both of these films because they're so good.

samueleric

Well I just watched version 2, the subbing is still off a little but I just couldn't wait to see the movie..I must say movie was really good its about an hour 55 minutes long..I won't talk about specifics or put up spoilers but I really really enjoyed it.

So if you ever had a doubt in your mind that director Mamoru Hosoda wasn't getting a fantastic headstart with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, then Summer Wars should really seals the deal. Quite simply I was rather amazed with this film and how such a strange concept transition into a liable piece of work. I'm not going to give a review on this, but I really want all of SPPf to check this out. It isn't released in the States yes, but I hear it's being shown at some festivals around the West. Or you could do the much easier solution and just pirate/subs it if you wish because that's currently the only way to view this movie at the comfort of your home without importing a DVD without any English subtitles.

Despite this it's still a worthy watch imo. If you liked his previous film, you may end up liking Summer Wars better like I did, or in the very least equally as good as it's really a fantastic film with great commentary on internet culture. So who else has seen this?

The internet culture theme has got me really interested, though to be honest I didn't think the girl who leaped through time was anything special, it was ok though.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Saw this. Have a stronger emotional connection with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Hosoda went back a few too many times to Our War Game, but this is ****ing excellent. Fantastic characters, and it looks great, too.

Really hope that a license announcement comes soon.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
My friend watched this and told me it was really good. I had no idea what it was and thought it was a live-action movie. I guess it's actually an anime. o_o Too bad no one here has given me any clue as to what the plot could possibly be. lol

I guess I might try to watch it sometime. The only thing is that she probably watched it on some Chinese video website with Chinese subtitles. lol

Asrialys

My friend watched this and told me it was really good. I had no idea what it was and thought it was a live-action movie. I guess it's actually an anime. o_o Too bad no one here has given me any clue as to what the plot could possibly be. lol

I guess I might try to watch it sometime. The only thing is that she probably watched it on some Chinese video website with Chinese subtitles. lol
Well, this is the Internet. You can always look anywhere else for plot details...

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Well, this is the Internet. You can always look anywhere else for plot details...

lol Nonsense. XD

Well, the site where I usually watch anime actually has Summer Wars with English subs. >.> Maybe I will waste some time and watch the whole thing since the new Hetalia episode still doesn't have subs yet. :mad: