• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sumthin's not right...

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
President Obama has allowed the war in Afghanistan (Iraq or whatever) to continue instead of ending it. He was supposed to end the war and help decrease recession, national debt and tax rates all over the country!

I love and respect the president, but just why is he continuing the damage Bush has done?

Discuss.

Last edited:

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
Theres more to the story than what we see and read, Hopefully the war will end soon.

BigLutz

Banned
Why? Because the alternative is pathetically stupid. Leaving Afghanistan in the state of disarray it is right now, with the Taliban growing stronger in Pakistan would only seal the fate of all those in Afghanistan. It would allow al Qaeda and the Taliban to re establish their Government in Afghanistan again, open up their terrorist camps again, and this time make a push into Pakistan where they already have a massive foothold, to gain nuclear weapons.

Obama has been a bad President, but even he is smart enough to know that we must win in Afghanistan.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
cause this isnt about the usa country, its of getting power for himself and enjoy... tats what presidents do....tbh, usa has no oportunity to be the other country, there is something called nuclear weapons, usa is to weak to use them, changing the hate all around to usa to extreme hat, all the world wants usa to burn, but u are far too "patriotic" to realize it.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
cause this isnt about the usa country, its of getting power for himself and enjoy... tats what presidents do....tbh, usa has no oportunity to be the other country, there is something called nuclear weapons, usa is to weak to use them, changing the hate all around to usa to extreme hat, all the world wants usa to burn, but u are far too "patriotic" to realize it.
I... um, yeah, just... what?

EDIT: To stay on topic, wasn't Obama's plan always to win in Afghanistan and get the troops out of Iraq? I seem to remember something like that, though I could be wrong.

BigLutz

Banned
EDIT: To stay on topic, wasn't Obama's plan always to win in Afghanistan and get the troops out of Iraq? I seem to remember something like that, though I could be wrong.

You are right, he continued to call the war in Afghanistan the "War of Necessity" I do miss the days when the left in this country actually pretended to care about winning a war started by the deaths of 3,000 innocent American Citizens.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
Why? Because the alternative is pathetically stupid. Leaving Afghanistan in the state of disarray it is right now, with the Taliban growing stronger in Pakistan would only seal the fate of all those in Afghanistan. It would allow al Qaeda and the Taliban to re establish their Government in Afghanistan again, open up their terrorist camps again, and this time make a push into Pakistan where they already have a massive foothold, to gain nuclear weapons.

Obama has been a bad President, but even he is smart enough to know that we must win in Afghanistan.

So we're gonna have another 9/11 if we let Afghanistan alone and respect that it belongs to its people, not us Americans?

You meant to say the Afghans/Iraqis become dangerous as long as they're not in a police state?

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
So we're gonna have another 9/11 if we let Afghanistan alone and respect that it belongs to its people, not us Americans?

Most likely, and please do not give me crap about it belonging to its people, the Taliban ruled with a iron fist, pushing back women's rights there to the stone age where they would beat women if they were even seen in public with out a man. It's so bad that even now when girls can go to school, they tend to lash out at young little girls, scaring them with acid. So please do not engage in the stupidity to say that by leaving we will respect the people because letting the Taliban return does the opposite of respect, it enslaves them.

You meant to say the Afghans/Iraqis become dangerous as long as they're not in a police state?

Actually I believe that they can do quite well, now they have both been run by a police state, the Afghans under the Taliban, and the Iraqis under Saddam. Now they can live in peace as Iraq has shown, you must kill and destroy the extremists first or else they will continue to kill innocent people. Then again I doubt you care about that.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
The U.S. has basically won now might as well let them finish the little itty bits that are left. (Although my dad has to leave for a year... sob...)

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
BigLutz, thanks for clearing this up.

I understand Taliban shouldn't make Afghanistan about them.

And I understand Afghanistan and Iraq were police states in the first place.

Or am I wrong again??

BigLutz

Banned
I understand Taliban shouldn't make Afghanistan about them.

Except they will, the moment we move out the Taliban will take control, imposing their violent and dangerous form of Islam on its populous

And I understand Afghanistan and Iraq were police states in the first place.

They were, they are not now. The only way the Taliban and Saddam were to control the populous was through fear and intimidation

Cobalt_Latios

In short form, the States is only there because they want to avoid something worse that could happen if they didn't intervene, correct?

Although... I do wish the Canadian Prime Minister would pull us out. We don't necessarily have any business in the Afghanistan... unless you consider helping America "business". I could guess a reason of what would happen otherwise, but still.

At least this guy (Obama) looks intelligent. I'm sorry, but Busch... let's just say there's a reason why the guy became an internet meme.

<C_L>

BigLutz

Banned
In short form, the States is only there because they want to avoid something worse that could happen if they didn't intervene, correct?

In a way that is correct, we were attacked by al Qaeda who would be allowed back into Afghanistan with open arms if we left, and we should do everything we can to keep both the Taliban and al Qaeda from having such control over a country

Although... I do wish the Canadian Prime Minister would pull us out. We don't necessarily have any business in the Afghanistan... unless you consider helping America "business". I could guess a reason of what would happen otherwise, but still.

How about the general safety of your country? al Qaeda poses a threat to all western nations, not just the US, as seen by their bombings in Europe. They wont distinguish between one country or the next, and they have crossed Canada before to attack the US. Provide them with a juicy enough target, and we will be talking about 3,000 Canadians murdered.

At least this guy (Obama) looks intelligent. I'm sorry, but Busch... let's just say there's a reason why the guy became an internet meme.

I would rather have a President that looks stupid but acts smart, than a President that looks smart but acts stupid.

Ethan

Banned

Actually since your country is part of NATO, your military does have business in Aghanistan. Article 5 of NATO states that an attack on one is an attack on all. At least countries like England and Italy are stepping up and sending more troops, but Canada is doing the opposite.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
President Obama has allowed the war in Afghanistan (Iraq or whatever) to continue instead of ending it. He was supposed to end the war and help decrease recession, national debt and tax rates all over the country!

I love and respect the president, but just why is he continuing the damage Bush has done?

Discuss.

Obama never said he was leaving Afghanistan even during his campaign. I followed it. He campaigned on the promise to up troops in Afghanistan, and withdraw troops from Iraq.

Many people thought that he meant he was going to bring all the soldiers back and end all the war. They heard what they wanted to hear 'cause he's pretty, or something.

I have mixed feelings on Obama, but I am predisposed to reject him because of the war, bailouts, and healthcare. Although as somewhat of a liberal, it was sort of cool that his administration federally legalized my medical marajuana...don't look down on my for that, I had a rod implanted in my spine. And the guy visited my old high school, so I got a picture of the presidential limo rolling down the street I used to drive to school on every day.
http://sunshinecasy.deviantart.com/art/Obama-on-Holt-Boulevard-116473175

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
The problem is that there's not a strong central government in Afghanistan. It's mostly made up of tribes. And we can't gain control over all of them. We can't even deal with them the way we deal with a more centralized government. We're trying to get the Afghans to live like us, but they have a completely different lifestyle. The way I see it, it's a doomed mission no matter how long we stay over there. I think it's probably a similar situation in Iraq... but I'm not as sure about that.

BigLutz

Banned
The problem is that there's not a strong central government in Afghanistan. It's mostly made up of tribes. And we can't gain control over all of them. We can't even deal with them the way we deal with a more centralized government. We're trying to get the Afghans to live like us, but they have a completely different lifestyle. The way I see it, it's a doomed mission no matter how long we stay over there. I think it's probably a similar situation in Iraq... but I'm not as sure about that.

Well in Iraq we were able to reform it, bring about a Democracy, and in the end have a pretty stable and peaceful country that can take care of itself. Afghanistan is going to be harder, both by the lack of infrastructure and the amount of land the Taliban controls. But it is a task we must accomplish.

Chris

Old Coot
From day 1 we were supposed to be at the home of the people who attacked us on Sept. 11. That place was never Iraq. Granted, it's more war added on, but it's correcting an error that should NEVER have happened. We had no business with Iraq and all the false claims to attempt justifying it cost us the lives of many people and tons upon tons of money to support it.

At least in this case, this is the home of actual terrorists and not made up ones.