• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerial_ace

so the demo was fairly short i completed it within maybe 45 mins. because i dowloaded it in the morning i had now opportunity to experience it day and night, and i must say i prefer the city at night i'm glad i preordered moon for the one reason only :D
Few things about the feel of the game and first impressions:
the small portion of the Alola we have looks gorgeous, feels very tropical.
hearing pokemon cry in the overworld is a nice touch feels like you are in a jungle, i'm pretty sure howver it will get little bit annoying with time.
Obvs it is a demo and a trial was made to be a teaser for real trials but at least we got a feel of fighting with totem pokemon etc. hopefully in real trials totem pokemon will summon more than just one ally...
Don't know how i feel about moving with circle pad only, i always used d-pad for movement so it will take time to get used to, i though to begin with my demo was broken because i couldnt move lol.
riding tauros feels faster than riding a bike especially in the charge mode :D
battles definitaly feel slower than gen 6(at least for me) health bar seems to take ages after attack to go down.
and last but not least using Z moves for the first time feels just as good as using mega evolution for the first time. every single time i ordered pikachu to use gigavolt havoc i was doing this stupid dance lol.

one last thought i really hate the fact seeminly the whole pokedex was leaked from this demo.i haven;t seen the leaks(only the starters)and will try to stay as far away from the thread on this forum with demo leaks in it as possible. you would think after ORAS demo revealing the entire game content, they would make sure this time it won't happen again. Now i'm afraid to read any articles or this forum just in case something will accidentally be spoiled...this will be a long month and 5 days(damn you nintendo for releasing this game almost a week late in europe)

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Has anyone evolved Pikipek? Is that even possible?

I don't think you can get other Pokemon permenately besides Greninja, unfortunately

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How do you terminate the demo? Do you just turn it off yourself?

Gohankuten

What is there to do after the capture challenge? I'm at a loss on what to do next.
There is beating the 3 trainers there next to the capture challenge spot to get a star piece you can send to the game. Then if you go to the far east side of the city and talk to the lady next to the slowpokes blocking the road you can get taken to another route where you get 3 star dust you can send to game by clearing the road of all boulders using tauros. After that it's waiting for the timed events one of which you can do once it hits the 19th on your DS is talk to the guy right outside the Pokemon Center and he will give you 10 pretty wings(confirmed by people in Australia). It's unknown what the other event things will give or have you do yet.

Has anyone evolved Pikipek? Is that even possible?
People tried and while you can level it up it won't evolve.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Played the demo, liked it, hype is through the roofs now, man Alola and her pokemon are so beautiful. Looking forward to ridiculous evil team generation 7.

Anyways, can anyone confirm that Greninja's stats are completely static for all copies of the demo? At level 37 with Hardy nature and with what I think is 128 Attack/Sp. Att and 252 Sped (press Y in his summary to check an approximation of Greninja's EVs similar to Super Training), this is what my Greninja before Battle Bond looked like:

HP: 107 (approximate, I don't wanna double check this stat)
Att: 98
Def: 61
SpA: 104
SpD: 64
Spe: 130

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think I will postpone a DST reset on the clock until right before Sun and Moon release. I don't want to miss out on rewards if there is a penalty for it.

Tepigfan

Talk to the lady next to 5 Slowpoke's blocking the road at night; I have just gotten an access to Mahalo Trail! Let's see what it brings. Will post screenshots if something exciting happens.

EDIT: Clear the rocks with Tauros, a mysterious old man appears and hands you 3 Stardusts over.

Yeah, I found that too, looking for secrets right now, ill tell you what I find. (I wonder if this trail in the full version will be any bigger?)

Edit: I found a malasada shop, nothing in it though.

Also found a police department, nothing in it either.

EDIT: Apparently some npc's are interactive too! For instance, one lady will be meeting up with someone in 5 days, another person is taking a boat in 24, I wonder what will happen! Also, a police officer in the game says a shady deal is going to happen in 18 days.

Last edited:

lvirden

Just started the demo.
Appears that at least in the demo, we don't get access to an options menu, and we don't get any pokeballs in the beginning.

Do they ever show up?

Is someone collecting all observations into a demo guide yet?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Regardless of criticisms from the things revealed in the leaks, the game itself looks and feels awesome to play. If the full game is anything like the demo it will be the most immersive pokemon game yet. The music, how expressive everyone is (aside from our player character sadly), and how much more fluidly the interactive pokemon in the overworld move are all great touches.

I honestly felt genuine shock too when that Hakkamo-o got angry at me taking its picture and ran up to my character, revealing it to be a Totem Pokemon that towered over me (makes one wonder how big a totem version of Kommo-oh would be). That was an awesome moment. ^_^

Supersonicbro

Regardless of criticisms from the things revealed in the leaks, the game itself looks and feels awesome to play. If the full game is anything like the demo it will be the most immersive pokemon game yet. The music, how expressive everyone is (aside from our player character sadly), and how much more fluidly the interactive pokemon in the overworld move are all great touches.

I honestly felt genuine shock too when that Hakkamo-o got angry at me taking its picture and ran up to my character, revealing it to be a Totem Pokemon that towered over me (makes one wonder how big a totem version of Kommo-oh would be). That was an awesome moment. ^_^

I just wish the player character showed some emotion, it was awkward that he was smiling in it's face...

So I finally got the time to finish the demo. It's pretty barebones, but that's to be expected of a demo. I'll say it feels more orchestrated than the ORAS demo, but has less replayability, I don't see myself booting it up except for the days something new is supposed to happen. I was playing on an original 3DS and I didn't find that problematic at all in terms of how well it runs, and I generally find the graphics pretty good and the battle interference smooth. I also really like the music.
I find the movement a bit clunky though, between the lack of roller skates from XY and sneaking from ORAS you really don't have that much control over your movement speed aside from run/walk(I mainly noticed this when I wanted to check how close I had to be to activate a trainer battle)the lack of D-pad support bothers me and will definitely take time to get used to. Having to press "A" to enter doors also feels unfamiliar, especially since you don't have to do it to exit the buildings. You also can't sit down on benches and chairs like in gen VI.
The main mission was fine. Totem battles are interesting, but I hope they are a harder in the main game. This also holds true for the trials themselves, since this one was rather trivial. Decent chance it's this easy so that pretty much everyone will be able to complete it on the first try.
The other small missions vary in quality in my opinion. The catching mission felt really dragged out(giving you a full capturing tutorial when most attacks from Greninja will one-shot the opponent seems weird). The battling one was fine, but again the battles were trivial. The Ace Trainer design was kind of boring, but the Rising Star design was a step up from last generation in my opinion. But regardless of design the demo does a great job at animating characters and give them personality. The mission that had you riding Tauros to remove the rocks was probably my favorite. It was quick and I found the mysterious man at the end of the mission pretty funny.
Speaking of Tauros, I really like the PokeRide feature. Going from walking to riding is as easy as switching between walking and cycling in previous games(I wonder if this will actually replace the bike). As I mentioned before there really isn't much you can interact with while walking regularly that you can't whele riding so I think I'm going to find myself using PokeRide a lot.
I think the demo does a decent job at letting you try out Ash-Greninja and Z-moves without revealing everything related to them, but I have to admit I don't really care for either that much.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Man, there are some characters in this demo.

First off the funny skull grunts who are like "were you flew here or were you grew here?", that line is gold. Then there is that guy that refers to the old dude who brings you to "10 carat hill" as a "weird old man". And last, but certainly not least. Once you reach the end of the "Mahalo trail" there is an old balding man watching you from behind a tiki statue. He comments on how you have a great relationship with Tauros, says he is just a "weird old man", and then tells you that he's going and that you should not look for him........THE HELL?!

And then for future events I have personally discovered.

1 more day to meet up with the guy in front of the pokecenter.

5 days for a girl to meet up with a strong friend of hers.

18 days for the cop on the marina to stop a shady deal.

24 days to see a girl off when she takes her boat trip.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Man, there are some characters in this demo.

First off the funny skull grunts who are like "were you flew here or were you grew here?", that line is gold. Then there is that guy that refers to the old dude who brings you to "10 carat hill" as a "weird old man". And last, but certainly not least. Once you reach the end of the "Mahalo trail" there is an old balding man watching you from behind a tiki statue. He comments on how you have a great relationship with Tauros, says he is just a "weird old man", and then tells you that he's going and that you should not look for him........THE HELL?!

And then for future events I have personally discovered.

1 more day to meet up with the guy in front of the pokecenter.

5 days for a girl to meet up with a strong friend of hers.

18 days for the cop on the marina to stop a shady deal.

24 days to see a girl off when she takes her boat trip.

The 1 day guy gives out 10 Pretty Wings, according to players of the Japanese demo.

BucketofWet

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but if you quickly spin your character in a circle, he does like a pirouette and it's the funniest and most graceful thing I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.