• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDK

Does changing the 3Ds clock works?

I have the japanese demo on my japanese 3DS but I'm set to the french time and still can't get the 10 wings.

Fiore1300

Has anyone caught the maximum number of Pokemon in the Capture Contest? I caught 16 my first go (wasted the Great Ball and a few Pokeballs). I'd imagine you could get a perfect but the guy who takes you there gives you a Nugget after catching only 3 and says "because it's only your first time." Makes me think that maybe more prizes will be given out.

Also, that Mysterious Old Man was creepy AF

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The player character, although doesn't react normally to being roared at by a giant totem Pokemon, he's got some personality. He can do a few different things when you're not moving him and he's got some interesting dialog available in some of the character interactions.

Granitefish

Haven't seen this anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up here. The D-pad is being used for the Poke-rider shortcut. You can assign Tauros to one of the directions and you can get on or of it by pressing that direction.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I got the tauros ride but I can't get him pass through the rocks? I've been pressing all the bottoms and nothing seems to work. Someone help me!!!

Vroomer

I got the tauros ride but I can't get him pass through the rocks? I've been pressing all the bottoms and nothing seems to work. Someone help me!!!

If you read the demo's how to ride instructions, hold down B while moving in a direction and it will charge.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
If you read the demo's how to ride instructions, hold down B while moving in a direction and it will charge.

Instructions? Didn't even see those... Thanks for the help...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was WAY better than the ORAS demo.... which I had to delete to make space to get this one and have 1000 blocks reserved for Sun's patches lol
Riding on Tauros was way faster than biking and skating was. I loved it.
It stinks Greninja needs to beat somebody to go Ash-Greninja..... Ash doesn't need to do that. He can activate it when he wants like Megas.
Also, that capture challenge.... thought you had to use up all the balls..... I could have ended it and got my prize after only 3?! There went 20 minutes of my live wiping out Pokemon constantly with Greninja
I loved Team Skull's appearance, so excited to see them in the main game.
And I can't wait to see what these timed events will be...... that girl sounds a bit like Serena from the anime.

DJStarstryker

I used to live in Hawaii and this does have a very strong Hawaii feel. I was afraid it wouldn't ACTUALLY feel like Hawaii, but it does. They even had to throw in a malasada shop and Hawaiian music-flavored BGMs. Awesome.

I liked everything about the demo. I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 4 (you know, when Pokemon was still completely 2D) so it feels hugely different to me than I last played. But it's all in good ways. I'm even more hyped for the full games.

First off the funny skull grunts who are like "were you flew here or were you grew here?", that line is gold.

I liked that too. It seemed like it was trying to reference the real world Kama'aina (Hawaii resident, specifically meaning that your ancestors came from there) and Haole (a derogatory term towards non-residents) thing that goes on in Hawaii.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Would have been nice if Kukui had given us a Z-Crystal Greninja could use, just so we can use Z-Moves more than once (Presumably the Crystal wouldn't be transferable, but that's fine...)

Haiku

Can someone please tell me if the controls can be changed? I am used to the directional buttons so the joystick is annoying me a bit, I will get used to it but if I don't have to and the normal directional buttons can be used that would be SO much nicer for me.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Its kind of funny how Sun's face never changes, even when facing down Hakamo-o and Plumeria. Just keep smiling dude.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Can someone please tell me if the controls can be changed? I am used to the directional buttons so the joystick is annoying me a bit, I will get used to it but if I don't have to and the normal directional buttons can be used that would be SO much nicer for me.

Word. I'm so used to using the d pad as well. I hope that can be adjusted in the full game.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
Looks like the D-Pads used to favorite Poke Ride.

Haiku

Word. I'm so used to using the d pad as well. I hope that can be adjusted in the full game.

I think I just found out why?

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but if you quickly spin your character in a circle, he does like a pirouette and it's the funniest and most graceful thing I've ever seen.

Seriously, as much as I am with you on hoping the full game will give us a choice at least I do say that it is a good reason to have the joystick, who doesn't want a graceful guy? At least till it gets old... XD

This. There was definitely a second there when I started playing where I was like "Why can't I move...?" :confused:

Also, when I first read about 3D being taken out entirely, I really didn't think much of it...but once I was actually in battle in the demo, I missed it more than I expected. Guess I must've used it more than I realized during my Gen VI playthroughs?

That said, there's SO much to love about the demo, and I'm still MASSIVELY pumped for the full games! It's really awesome to see everything with real-world proportions, and it seems like they went above-and-beyond with the little details (especially inside the buildings, with all the posters and knick-knacks and such.)

Status
Not open for further replies.