• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Just finished playing through the first part of the demo, and…

Team Skull WTF LOL! These guys are hilarious! Their drunken "gangster" mannerisms are just so over the top. Maybe I won't find them this amusing after encountering the grunts over and over throughout the actual game, but they made a hilarious first impression.

So far, I'm really liking this game. The background music is enjoyable to listen to, the setting is gorgeous, and there appears to be a lot to explore. Kukui's trial was neither interesting nor boring, but if its purpose was to show the player how to use the Poké Finder and to expose the player to a Totem Pokémon battle, then I suppose it served its purpose. I'm looking forward to the trials in the full game.

I just love how Sun’s expression never changes; he just keeps wearing that blank smile on his face. A Hakamo-o roars in his face? Smile blankly. Team Skull grunts are chasing Hau? Smile blankly. Plumeria threatens to kick his butt? Smile blankly. Seriously, dude, show some emotion, would ya?

By the way, did anyone else find the store that sells the stuffed Pyukumuku dolls?

By the way, did anyone else find the store that sells the stuffed Pyukumuku dolls?
You mean the Tourist Bureau, that also has the Minior, Alolan Exeggutor and Corsola items? (I might be forgetting some others.) Any rate - REALLY loved the little details there! The outdoor scenery is undoubtedly beautiful, but it really seems like they stepped up their game with the little things inside buildings too.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
You mean the Tourist Bureau, that also has the Minior, Alolan Exeggutor and Corsola items? (I might be forgetting some others.) Any rate - REALLY loved the little details there! The outdoor scenery is undoubtedly beautiful, but it really seems like they stepped up their game with the little things inside buildings too.

Yes, that shop. (I was aimlessly wandering into buildings and not really paying attention to the names of the shops. ^_^; ) If the full game has more shops that have little details like stuffed Pokédolls, then I'm going to have so much fun (and waste so much time) just wandering around, just to see what Easter eggs and little details are there.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Asking this again, can you rematch those Trainers on Ten Carat Hill?

DSDark

Breeder
The worst thin about the demo is lack of D pad support. Hope this is NOT missing from the main game.

Lack of sitting on benches and chairs? Not a playing the game issue. D pad missing is way more concerning.

You can register poke rides to the d-pad.

AmethystLeslie

The 1 Day event earns you 10 Pretty Wings, and the 24 Day event earns you a whopping Comet Shard.

I'm not sticking around for the Comet Shard. GameXplain confirmed that by the time you arrive at the first city, you have 25,000 pokedollars.

Yes, that shop. (I was aimlessly wandering into buildings and not really paying attention to the names of the shops. ^_^; ) If the full game has more shops that have little details like stuffed Pokédolls, then I'm going to have so much fun (and waste so much time) just wandering around, just to see what Easter eggs and little details are there.
For sure! Even in the small number of buildings accessible in the demo, there's so much to admire: all the different posters, that Poké Ball water cooler in the Police Station, the Granbull doll/statue there (taking a bite out of crime, I imagine), that pretty little pool/fountain (koi pond?) in the Pokémon Center...even the Vending Machines look cooler than ever! :D

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm not sticking around for the Comet Shard. GameXplain confirmed that by the time you arrive at the first city, you have 25,000 pokedollars.

Umm When? I know they said you will be flush with cash, but I don't recall them ever saying 25,000.

Besides, the more money you have the more you can buy. Clothes probably aren't cheap.
Don't we use Festival Coins for clothes now? Not sure if it was ever confirmed that those are the ONLY way to pay for clothes, though...

EDIT: Nvm, I think those might just be for DYEING clothes...

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

What I'm trying to say is that I remember them saying that they had way more money than they ever needed at that point in the game. If I won't be strapped for cash, I won't wait to receive that Comet Shard.

Julia Artemis

Also from what I've been reading from Sun and Moon previews they say they don't even get to the first trial in the first two hours of playing the game. This game sounds massive! Really what bothered me about X and Y was how quick it was to beat.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
What need to see Alolan Dugtrio in the demo? The NPC never show to me...
Matter of luck. I believe each time you to to that area (beach outside the cave) an NPC may be there who will get the event going.
What I'm trying to say is that I remember them saying that they had way more money than they ever needed at that point in the game. If I won't be strapped for cash, I won't wait to receive that Comet Shard.
To be fair, if you started the demo today/yesterday (depending on time zones) you have to wait longer for the full game to come out anyway. Can just load up the demo on the day to grab it for minimal effort.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
man, i just love the battle intros for the different trainers. i love how all the trainer classes have unique animations when you go into battle with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.