• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well, that's partly disappointing, partly good news - Good news in that we don't have to waste valuable move slots for these, but it's disappointing because I don't like the thought of being forced to use a very specific Pokemon for a specific goal. It's even more limiting than the HMs, IMO. I don't like the thought of having no choice in which Pokemon I get to ride in the overworld.

I mean with surf it always just some generic looking pokemon stand in, so not sure how it's any worse.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Not sure if this was discovered in the demo already, or if this is the right place to post this.

If you enter a wild battle while riding Tauros, you'll appear in the battle in your riding suit. I think that's a really, really cool feature.

Pictures in the spoiler tag. Apologies for the blurry parts, my phone camera kept refocusing on random points while the animations cycled.

8522IiU.jpg

2Wx7AeA.jpg

MTsM0Md.jpg

vMFOmCf.jpg

DZ7VWwI.jpg

Gohankuten

I mean with surf it always just some generic looking pokemon stand in, so not sure how it's any worse.

Actually ORAS did have certain pokemon use their own sprites for surf/dive instead of the generic black fish blob but otherwise yeah it doesn't really change anything.

And to Blitz you don't need to have the pokemon anyway since you basically just call an Uber for the pokeride feature and the pokemon appears instantly with you riding it.

DJStarstryker

Well, that's partly disappointing, partly good news - Good news in that we don't have to waste valuable move slots for these, but it's disappointing because I don't like the thought of being forced to use a very specific Pokemon for a specific goal. It's even more limiting than the HMs, IMO. I don't like the thought of having no choice in which Pokemon I get to ride in the overworld.

I honestly think this is a huge improvement. You don't have to waste move slots on an HM that you don't necessarily want long-term on a Pokemon, or have to waste a team slot on an HM slave. You actually will have MORE choices now for that main story in that sense.

It also seems like the PokeRide function works better than the bike for just trying to get around. Tauros when it was charging went faster than a bike would have.

BlitzGirl41

Actually ORAS did have certain pokemon use their own sprites for surf/dive instead of the generic black fish blob but otherwise yeah it doesn't really change anything.

And to Blitz you don't need to have the pokemon anyway since you basically just call an Uber for the pokeride feature and the pokemon appears instantly with you riding it.

I honestly think this is a huge improvement. You don't have to waste move slots on an HM that you don't necessarily want long-term on a Pokemon, or have to waste a team slot on an HM slave. You actually will have MORE choices now for that main story in that sense.

It also seems like the PokeRide function works better than the bike for just trying to get around. Tauros when it was charging went faster than a bike would have.

All I am saying is that, despite the convenience, I don't like the thought of having to be seen riding a Stoutland, Tauros, and Sharpedo, since I don't care for any of those (fine with Lapras, Mudsdale, and Charizard). Just aesthetically-speaking, here.

Xuxuba

uh the frame rate kind of drops a lot. I heard people saying the game looks better on the new 3ds. Is that true? Not sure i'm going to buy one though because the New 3ds is too expensive here in Brazil :/

DJStarstryker

uh the frame rate kind of drops a lot. I heard people saying the game looks better on the new 3ds. Is that true? Not sure i'm going to buy one though because the New 3ds is too expensive here in Brazil :/

No idea on the New 3DS question. Considering it has more processing power, it probably works better on it. It doesn't bother me enough to pay for the more expensive New 3DS personally.

The frame rate thing is definitely why they completely dropped 3D functionality though. Original 3DS probably choked too much with 3D on so they had to cut it.

BlitzGirl41

No idea on the New 3DS question. Considering it has more processing power, it probably works better on it. It doesn't bother me enough to pay for the more expensive New 3DS personally.

The frame rate thing is definitely why they completely dropped 3D functionality though. Original 3DS probably choked too much with 3D on so they had to cut it.

I don't know if I've ever noticed the "new 3DS". Only have seen just 3DSs for sale and heavy advertising of the XL (which would be the last thing I would get due to a) my small hands and b) the fact that a larger handheld system would defeat the purpose, make it harder to simply throw into my purse on the go). I'm still pretty happy with the 3DS I bought during the days when Ocarina of Time 3D was new. There have been a few framerate drops in the newer Pokemon games, but nothing game-breaking and still pretty uncommon. The demo ran smoothly for me.

gliscor&yanmega

I enjoyed the demo a lot. Gave me a nice feel of what to expect. Obviously it's short and not much really else to do, but that's how demos generally are. Kind of wish you could rebattle the trainers or something though. I plan to play it every day to tide me over until the games come out, and to deal with those certain day events(Which I imagine are just valuable items but whatever).

BlitzGirl41

I think that in the meantime, before the full games release, I am going to stick exclusively to this thread. The reason being that, although there is a thread for the (unfortunate) datamine, I fear that people will slip some leaks by accident in the Starter, New Pokemon, etc. threads. I'd hate to have things spoiled for me a month out that has not been officially revealed to us via CoroCoro and official trailers.

Everyone says it makes sense of why you keep the Pokemon you caught. To me, it makes no sense.
If you'd transfer Greninja to the full game, what Pokemon would you use in the Demo?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
All I am saying is that, despite the convenience, I don't like the thought of having to be seen riding a Stoutland, Tauros, and Sharpedo, since I don't care for any of those (fine with Lapras, Mudsdale, and Charizard). Just aesthetically-speaking, here.

First off, I'm still not feeling the riding gear in general. And contrary to popular believe with regards to my avatar, I don't like having to fly on Charizard all the time.

With Stoutland getting the sniffing function, I'm betting the Item Finder is dead like HM's.

I don't know if I've ever noticed the "new 3DS". Only have seen just 3DSs for sale and heavy advertising of the XL (which would be the last thing I would get due to a) my small hands and b) the fact that a larger handheld system would defeat the purpose, make it harder to simply throw into my purse on the go). I'm still pretty happy with the 3DS I bought during the days when Ocarina of Time 3D was new. There have been a few framerate drops in the newer Pokemon games, but nothing game-breaking and still pretty uncommon. The demo ran smoothly for me.

I saw a commercial that says to buy the Yokai Watch game for New3DS and 2DS.. 1. I don't want to buy it. 2. I don't have to want to buy either of those two consoles in order to play it.

I think that in the meantime, before the full games release, I am going to stick exclusively to this thread. The reason being that, although there is a thread for the (unfortunate) datamine, I fear that people will slip some leaks by accident in the Starter, New Pokemon, etc. threads. I'd hate to have things spoiled for me a month out that has not been officially revealed to us via CoroCoro and official trailers.

That already happened in the New Pokémon-thread the moment the leaks started pouring in..

Akashin

I've played the demo solely on the New 3DS and haven't noticed any significant frame rate drops. It would hardly surprise me if they designed these games with the increased power of the New 3DS in mind, anyway.

BlitzGirl41

First off, I'm still not feeling the riding gear in general. And contrary to popular believe with regards to my avatar, I don't like having to fly on Charizard all the time.

With Stoutland getting the sniffing function, I'm betting the Item Finder is dead like HM's.

I saw a commercial that says to buy the Yokai Watch game for New3DS and 2DS.. 1. I don't want to buy it. 2. I don't have to want to buy either of those two consoles in order to play it.

That already happened in the New Pokémon-thread the moment the leaks started pouring in..

It's what I would have expected. Which then makes me wonder why people can't practice common sense forum use and talk about those things in the DATAMINE thread or attach SPOILER tags to them. Because now I feel I can't even go into any other thread without being spoiled by someone who's not being conscientious. I still think that dataminers and other individuals who leak information without GF/TPC's consent should be punished, as it seems illegal to me, personally.

Has anyone tired to evo the pokes in the "catch challenge"? I tried Yungoos with nothing happening at lvl 32.
Still got to try the others.

Akashin

Has anyone tired to evo the pokes in the "catch challenge"? I tried Yungoos with nothing happening at lvl 32.

Somebody pointed out that they're locked out of evolving, which seems a relatively easy thing to assume.

BlitzGirl41

Chances are the demo is made to prevent evolution. Makes sense, since they would not want to reveal that information in a demo. Better not waste your time trying to level them up, and I am saying this in a kind way unless if you misread my text.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Baby steps, my dear.

There will come a time where we will be truly able to Surf on any capable pokemon. However, they need to figure out how to design that. I mean, think about it. How it will look and flow will vary heavily on that pokemon. Lapras is a ferry, while Hariyama is a big giant sumo dude. It be anywhere near the same. Furthermore, this will require the removal of capability from pokemon who obviously aren't actually capable of carrying pokemon, like Goldeen and Clamperl.

This is where I believe we are now. For now, all pokemon have been removed from Surf. Eventually, once they figure out how to incorporate the overworld animations, Surf will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.