• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Didn't know about the day and night transition button combination. that is pretty cool.

So, the sprained ankle guy is... a pokemon. Just a regular machamp. After she shows you her savior she disappears. After that i triggered hau's malasada event. Then i tried to look for the machamps to see if any one of them was missing, which none was, and when i returned from ten carat she was there again. This time she said she had a great time at the beach. I was confused. Did i miss anything because i got the hau event? Was i supposed to go imediately to ten carat after? So i restarted the demo by watching the video and i repeated the same event again and went straight to ten carat but everything was the same. Now that i saved in the mystery man her event is done.

I wonder, was she the alolan dugtrio girl? Did she mentioned she sprained her ankle on the beach? I can't renember her dialogue.

Still no luck with sina and dexio. Next event is pikachu's birthday. I hope something a little more significant comes out of it.

Last edited:

LoveMcQueen5683

Can someone list all these events? Not the x amount of days event, just everything else. Hau, sina/dexio...? How do you trigger those.

Also, the mom character had a cutscene about buying clothes and picking up packages but idk how to do that

future.newyorker

Can someone list all these events? Not the x amount of days event, just everything else. Hau, sina/dexio...? How do you trigger those.

Also, the mom character had a cutscene about buying clothes and picking up packages but idk how to do that

The event with your mom mentioning clothes and packages most likely refers to when the main game is released, as the demo seems to be the prologue to the game.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The event with your mom mentioning clothes and packages most likely refers to when the main game is released, as the demo seems to be the prologue to the game.
... If it is, then that'd raise quite a few questions.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
... If it is, then that'd raise quite a few questions.

I wouldn't worry. It isn't the prologue, it's just teasing parts of the game, seeing as it's the demo. ORAS's demo, as well as X/Y's, did the same thing (albeit not as specifically).

future.newyorker

I wouldn't worry. It isn't the prologue, it's just teasing parts of the game, seeing as it's the demo. ORAS's demo, as well as X/Y's, did the same thing (albeit not as specifically).

XY had no demo. And the SM demo literally has us going to city hall and registering our move from Kanto, something that I'm sure won't be done in the main game, but would have to be done before the player character would be allowed to partake in the island challenge, therefore, it is the prologue.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
XY had no demo. And the SM demo literally has us going to city hall and registering our move from Kanto, something that I'm sure won't be done in the main game, but would have to be done before the player character would be allowed to partake in the island challenge, therefore, it is the prologue.

Yes, it did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cDmYDjsL0

And that's why I said "not so specifically". The demo is not a real prologue, as that would imply that the player already had a Pokemon, as did Hau, prior to the game starting, which is not the case according to members of the press you have played the start of the game. It also will make the fact that Hau and Kukui have to reintroduce themselves awkward and weird.

clbgolden12

How do yo figure?
Well, let's see:

-Taking up the Island Trials already even though we supposedly don't start them until that second battle with Hau
-The Pokémon in the city already being level 20
-Kukui having a Trial even though he's stated to have never been a trial captain

Just to name a few.

noakai

Yes, it did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cDmYDjsL0

And that's why I said "not so specifically". The demo is not a real prologue, as that would imply that the player already had a Pokemon, as did Hau, prior to the game starting, which is not the case according to members of the press you have played the start of the game. It also will make the fact that Hau and Kukui have to reintroduce themselves awkward and weird.

Also the fact that the character you play has a set gender and name. My character isn't going to be a guy named Sun, so it can't be a prologue to my game, and the same goes for most others too. My character isn't going to start the game with a Pokemon or being able to use Tauros. We probably won't have a z ring and crystal right at the start either. There are lots of references to the upcoming game but it's not a legit prequel.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Also the fact that the character you play has a set gender and name. My character isn't going to be a guy named Sun, so it can't be a prologue to my game, and the same goes for most others too. My character isn't going to start the game with a Pokemon or being able to use Tauros. We probably won't have a z ring and crystal right at the start either. There are lots of references to the upcoming game but it's not a legit prequel.

Yerp. My name ain't Sun, son!

Leafy Sea Dragon

Took me about a day or two of playing the demo and I finally got the Dugtrio lady to appear by going back and forth between the city and route. That took way longer than I wanted it to.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kinda silly how the first waiting game event doesn't give you anything at all. A human and a Machamp..... bah

Subpyro

Choice Scarfed
An important info I found out about the demo is, that the updates are not static. In other words, not everyone will receive the "upcoming day events" on the same day.

I, for one, received the 10 Pretty wings from the guy next to the PokeCenter yesterday. The gap of days between him and the other characters is the same as for everyone else, it's just that the actual day is different than what many proclaim.

This might be due to some sort of a bug, but yeah, the intervals of void between the events are the same, it's just that the events are not happening on the same day for everyone, though they probably should.

clbgolden12

Well, triggered today's event... Kind of wish I didn't spoil that the guy was a Machamp just to see my own reaction. XD

No items, tho?

Well, triggered today's event... Kind of wish I didn't spoil that the guy was a Machamp just to see my own reaction. XD

No items, tho?

It was literally the lamest code of programming I've seen in this demo as of yet. I was expecting a surprise character from past generations, or a new Alola character, or Ash at the very least. But no, they stooped even lower. Not even a freaking random NPC. Not even a human. F**KING MACHAMP. And we didn't even get any items after. I personally think the girl was trolling us into being excited before showing us Machamp and being like "ha lol" and leaving us to wallow in unsatisfacton.

Just played the demo today and activated the event with the girl and her champ. I don't really get this Machamp joke thing, it's not the first time they have pulled it either since we had that bizarre Machamp campaign about a year ago or so.
Even if I find it a bit odd that not every countdown event give you a valuable item I don't really mind, since money does not seem to be an issue in SM from what we have seen so far.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Just played the demo today and activated the event with the girl and her champ. I don't really get this Machamp joke thing, it's not the first time they have pulled it either since we had that bizarre Machamp campaign about a year ago or so.
Even if I find it a bit odd that not every countdown event give you a valuable item I don't really mind, since money does not seem to be an issue in SM from what we have seen so far.

I agree. It felt disappointing not to get anything to transfer into the full game or at least a special battle just to see Machamp's strength.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I just thought this was more anime fan pandering since the girl was wearing a straw hat and she was saying how greatful she was that the guy helped her when she sprained her ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.