• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and Moon Demo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I missed the Pikachu's birthday because I forgot about the demo. I may have just checked a few hours too late. But I see everyone saying it was boring, so...

Yce288

Grass type FTW

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Is it possible to re-battle any of the trainers after getting the reward for beating them all? Given that Trainer battles were the only way to use Ash-Greninja you'd think we'd be able to redo them but it doesn't look like it.

Well, I might have found something interesting. When my 3DS was set on October 31 at about 1:30, both the Alolan Dugtrio lady and Dexio and Sina showed up at the same time. Even if I left the Pokemon Center and Ten Carat Hill, they still showed up again when I went back.

What's more, I tried turning the Demo off and then restarted it, and they where still there. Restarted it a third time, and they're still there.

I don't know if this means they show up at the end of the month or if it's for that specific time, but they seem to be sticking around. It's possible some of these events are random, but also are scheduled to appear on certain dates. So...heads up?

Akashin

Is it possible to re-battle any of the trainers after getting the reward for beating them all? Given that Trainer battles were the only way to use Ash-Greninja you'd think we'd be able to redo them but it doesn't look like it.

Not that I'm aware of, no. "Here's a small taste of what you can use as you like once the games come out," seems to have been what they were going for there, especially since it isn't coincidence that you aren't given the opportunity to trigger Battle Bond until you get to the Totem Pokemon.

Owl City

I'm playing a no-outline patched version of the demo, and it looks a lot better than the usual one... why does gamefreak bother making such awful otlines, if they can actually do a better job just by NOT using them?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Has anyone naturally seen A-Dugtrio

I just played the demo a few minutes ago, the girl at Ten Carat Hill was there and I finally saw A-Dugtrio, although it's only facing backwards.

Sina & Dexio were also present inside the Pokemon Center.
I still haven't encountered Lillie though.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Just went to the beach and LO AND BEHOLD, the Dugtrio lady was there.

Maybe the chances of the event are boosted today...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Nothing big. They're in the Pokémon Center and talk about how they're on vacation.

And Dexio says he thinks something big is about to go down. <cue crackly, ominous music>

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

I just played the demo a few minutes ago, the girl at Ten Carat Hill was there and I finally saw A-Dugtrio, although it's only facing backwards.

Sina & Dexio were also present inside the Pokemon Center.
I still haven't encountered Lillie though.
If you keep taking a picture of it it'll eventually face you. Took me a few times.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Just encountered Sina and Dexio. One more event off the list.

Also, where do the items you can send to the full game go? I picked the Balm Mushroom from the Pikachu guy and now can't find it in the Bag.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Just encountered Sina and Dexio. One more event off the list.

Also, where do the items you can send to the full game go? I picked the Balm Mushroom from the Pikachu guy and now can't find it in the Bag.
They don't "go" anywhere. You can't actually see or use them in the demo, but they are being saved behind the scenes so you can send them to the main game later.

Snickerdoodle

Yay, Sina and Dexio finally showed up! :D I can't wait to meet them in the full game; their models are just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.