• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun and moon serial codes

NettFox

Ok recently I failed to submit all my serial codes on my games. Still this is becoming an issue for a lot of folks that forget or barely have time. Particularly the issue is WHY an expiration date of all things? I mean these codes should be usable entire duration of a generation. I mean over hundreds of these codes are essentially wasted when they aren't used. Meaning Marshadows and other legendary Pokémon or event only Pokémon are gone forever within the same generation. I seriously feel an urge to write up letter upon letter to Nintendo to recitfy all of these. I mean why even shut down the event when the codes are still unused. Only problem I find is being unable to directly contact Customer support without being asked if I'm asking about a non related product or error code.

Also I apologize if this sounds like ranting or is posted in wrong spot. It's just among many recent occurrences that should be discussed.

Kevin24

Event Collector
cause event codes only last a certain amount of time and not ment to last for longer than that. you really think they would last forever? this is been like this for awhile. and nintendo isn't gonna listen to this. just gotta suck it up and move on. it's how events via serial codes were made.

NettFox

cause event codes only last a certain amount of time and not ment to last for longer than that. you really think they would last forever? this is been like this for awhile. and nintendo isn't gonna listen to this. just gotta suck it up and move on. it's how events via serial codes were made.

Yeah I know yet question is why? This isn't a WIFI connect to internet event. It's a code printed on paper like a passcode where it should be rendered valid entire generation run instead of a short period of time as they are now doing this year. I'm not expecting a permanent stay for them to work yet if the generation isn't up then it should work. And while I have sucked it up before; that still doesn't address a problem this presents since Nintendo has gotten chintzy on how many events are released lately compared to past generation VI. It's like this is where it's a problem that needs to be badgered at. At least for the codes still around for sun and moon. Or at the most a redistribution as before in Gen VI for everyone that missed a chance. It's a franchise problem that seemed to be put away with Magearna with QR codes. So why not fix serial codes for the same purpose in the same generation.

BCVM22

This isn't a WIFI connect to internet event. It's a code printed on paper like a passcode.

A passcode that gives you access to an event over Wi-Fi. It's essentially a password-protected "WIFI connect to Internet event," and with that in mind, the point was already made: those can't stay up forever, and you're usually (usually) given a fair amount of time to use them.

It's a franchise problem that seemed to be put away with Magearna with QR codes.

The QR code merely unlocks something that's already in the game. There's already a Magearna hiding in your game - the QR code merely gives you access to it. Key difference. Not the case for rest of the events.