• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun Blitz

zerozoner

Been trying to shake some of the rust off my competitive battling and this is the team I've had the most success with and I would like to get some second opinions on it.

38.png

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot

Can't have a sun team without the sun bringer. Ninetails is actually one of my old favorites sadly while Ninetails can get epic coverage with just two moves her stats don't really make her that threatening. Flamethrower is a classic move for fire types and being twice as strong in the sun with perfect accuracy makes it more desirable to me than Fire Blast. Energy Ball>Solar Beam so I can strike back at other weather bringing Pokemon. Hypnosis can get rid of a bothersome Pokemon and give me a chance to use NP. The bizarre EV spread has worked for me so far so I'm not planning on changing it

3.png

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 92att/252spa/164spe (IVS 30/31/30/31/31/31)
Naive Nature (+SAtk, -spdef)
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I love the BW2 games just for the additional moves they brought to the playing field and Venusaur gets one move that makes it a killer. Giga Drain over Solar Beam once again so I can fight against other weather without a handicap and the restoration of health is nice too. Venasuar is my main special sweeper of my team.

586.png

Sawsbuck-Winter (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Wild Charge
- Jump Kick

The Physical version of Venusaur who gets better coverage with its natural move pool, but I never get or need to use SD and could use some suggestions on a replacement.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite is good in any weather making him a prime sweeper that can turn the tables on my opponent's team.

526.png

Gigalith (F) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

I EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!! That's all Gigalith is on my team for with a normal gem it get STAB Explosion that will KO about any Pokemon that isn't a ghost type. I try to use this on Politoeds so I can have weather dominance and since most think I'll be setting up SR they won't switch out.

59.png

Arcanine (F) @ Shell Bell
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

The janitor of my team that cleans up weakened Pokemon with Extreme speed. Flash Fire also let's Arcanine counter fire types that try to mooch off my weather.

That's it thanks for your time and please leave any suggestions you may have for my team.

Last edited:
Been trying to shake some of the rust off my competitive battling and this is the team I've had the most success with and I would like to get some second opinions on it.

38.png

EVs: 136hp/252spa/120spe
- Flamethrower
- Solarbeam
- Will-o-wisp
- Sunny Day

Can't have a sun team without the sun bringer. Ninetails is actually one of my old favorites sadly while Ninetails can get epic coverage with just two moves her stats don't really make her that threatening. Flamethrower is a classic move for fire types and being twice as strong in the sun with perfect accuracy makes it more desirable to me than Fire Blast. Energy Ball>Solar Beam so I can strike back at other weather bringing Pokemon. Hypnosis can get rid of a bothersome Pokemon and give me a chance to use NP. The bizarre EV spread has worked for me so far so I'm not planning on changing it

My personal Ninetails set that i mainly use
3.png

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 92att/252spa/164spe (IVS 30/31/30/31/31/31)
Naive Nature (+SAtk, -spdef)
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I love the BW2 games just for the additional moves they brought to the playing field and Venusaur gets one move that makes it a killer. Giga Drain over Solar Beam once again so I can fight against other weather without a handicap and the restoration of health is nice too. Venasuar is my main special sweeper of my team.

this set is incredibly effective and wrecks the meta isnt walled by heatran either
586.png

- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick

The Physical version of Venusaur who gets better coverage with its natural move pool, but I never get or need to use SD and could use some suggestions on a replacement.
Looks Good
149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake

Dragonite is good in any weather making him a prime sweeper that can turn the tables on my opponent's team.
Personally if you can hit heatran on the switch eq is more than enough with e-speed and d-claw to take out the meta youll have to get a boost or 2 to cleanly 2HKO ferro but this imop is more effective

526.png

- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

I EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!! That's all Gigalith is on my team for with a normal gem it get STAB Explosion that will KO about any Pokemon that isn't a ghost type. I try to use this on Politoeds so I can have weather dominance and since most think I'll be setting up SR they won't switch out.
Personally id use a forretress so you can spin away hazards but this seems ok

59.png

- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

The janitor of my team that cleans up weakened Pokemon with Extreme speed. Flash Fire also let's Arcanine counter fire types that try to mooch off my weather.
Id switch this for a heatran as it doesnt effectively wall sun teams and you will need to be able to face other sun teams
That's it thanks for your time and please leave any suggestions you may have for my team.
comments in bold

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Replace sawsbuck's double edge with return and jump kick with nature power, as nature power is always earthquake while doing wifi battles.

xJeremyx

change venusaur for a heracross or levany you may need a bug type move...

with arcanine i guess that ninetales its not neccesary cuz aqua yet or special water atack like hydro pump can defeat 3 of your pokemon gigalith arcanine and ninetales so, zebstrika its a good option to replace ninetales ;-).

change venusaur for a heracross or levany you may need a bug type move...

with arcanine i guess that ninetales its not neccesary cuz aqua yet or special water atack like hydro pump can defeat 3 of your pokemon gigalith arcanine and ninetales so, zebstrika its a good option to replace ninetales ;-).

1) Venu is a staple on sun teams and levany and heracross arnt as good in sun heracross is good but not to replace venu (there u go bray)
2) Nine tails sets up sun this rate is now ripped apart

-elite

beshort123

<----Uber

38.png

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
its an ok set, the hypnosis works well though

3.png

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I'd do ek's set.

586.png

- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick

seems legit
149.png

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch/extremespeed
- Earthquake/Extremespeed

Dragonite is good in any weather making him a prime sweeper that can turn the tables on my opponent's team. Outrage OHKO's politoeds which will eliminate the rain. Also Lum Berry recovers u from the confusion or it allows u to get a free dd in without worrying about status. Fire Punch or EQ is all about preference and what u are more worried about.

526.png

- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This is fun to use.
59.png

- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
This doesnt function well on the team at ALL. i'd figure out a better poke to replace it.

comments in bold

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
If you never use your Sawsbuck as an SD'er then why not try using as just a straight up attacker?

Sawsbuck w/Expert Belt
252 atk/ 252 spe
~Horn Leech
~Jump Kick
~Wild Charge
~Return/Double Edge

Works well enough for me late game.

zerozoner

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've been hearing a lot of replace Arcanine with Heatran from some friends. Problem is that I've never been very good at using him and could use some help with move sets, EVs, items, and general strategy when using him.

Ilan

You should get a spinner/espeon cause half your team is weak to stealth rock but it is not really necessary if you don't want to, a good replacement for arcanine would be darmanitan or victini those two with a scarf can hit really hard in the sun with sheer force flare blitz and v-create respectively, I am not 100% sure but I think darmanitan is stronger but victini have orher moves it is based on preference, hypnosis on ninetales is MEH ninetales also barely can ever sweep due to low speed compared to OU sweepers a defensive ninetales is better

NoteLobo

Banned
You know I feel like this may have been addressed sooner but I didn't see anything about it so don't call me stupid even if this is a foolish comment.

Why Flash Fire over Drought?