• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun Hyper Offensive Team

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Sun Sun Sun​
Hyper Offense

This is my sun hyper offensive team. I used to use a non-weather ho team but was told that it could work even better when weather was applied, so I chose sun.

The team has taken on many different forms due to a large ammount of switching between the pokemon I use.

My PO peak was 1234 points with this team.

So here's the team at a glance:

At a glance

038.gif
196.gif
003.gif
586.gif
637.gif
385.gif

In detail

Changes in bold

038.gif

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Power Swap
- SolarBeam
- Will-O-Wisp

Ninetails, provides the sun and can also act as a semi-special attacker. Solarbeam is mainly for rotom-w which doesn't generally OHKO with either hydro pump or scald or any other water type move so this can inflict a good amount of damage. Now the overheat/power swap is an odd one and I have given ninetails this for special attackers that start by setting up on turn one, the only problem for this are fire type ones mainly heatran and infernape as well as physical set up sweepers, but when I do get this to work it works a treat as the receiver is either forced to switch out or spend a few turns re-setting up again.

637.gif

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock] instead of HP ground

This is the first special attacker on this team. Volcarona is able to make a very significant impact on any team so long as it sets ups with quiver dance without loosing too much health ie from stealth rocks, so there has to be synergy with espeon to keep stealth rocks away. Fiery dance is less powerful than other special fire type moves but the added chance of extra sp atk boosting is why it is there. Also hp ground used to be hp rock but it being ground gave it more pokemon it could hit with supereffectiveness in my opinion.

586.gif

Sawsbuck (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 spd instead of 4hp and 252 spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Horn Leech
- Nature Power instead of jump kick

First of the physical attackers. Even if there is no sun this pokemon is a beast. Even though this can regain health with horn leech I gave it leftovers over life orb so that it can stay in even longer, hopefully. This dynamic movepool gives sawsbuck the chance to at least hit the opposition with at least a 1x effectiveness.

003.gif

This is all instead of the the celebi set i used before (basically the same but a different pokemon):
Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The second special attacker on this team. Unlike sawsbuck who can gain health both from leftover and an attacking move I went for a more all or nothing approach on venasaur. Most people who use a growth venasuar would probably go for hp fire I think but due to already being a fire heavy team I decided to go for hp ice as this will be my main route for taking down dragon type pokemon.. mainly dragonite and salamence.

196.gif

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun

This espeon is the second half of the setting up as this one sets ups the screens. Magic bounce is always extremely useful for protecting pokemon like volcarona from stealth rocks and also status moves and stuff like whirlwind. Morning sun is for regaining health just in case both screens didn't get set up and not enough health is remaining. The speed of espeon helps with this as well as can outspeed many a pokemon so that a screen can be set up to prevent espeon from fainting and the morning sun out of the danger zone. Psyshock is for some attack and can do sufficient damage on tentacruel, a common foe.

385.gif

Jirachi is instead of a scizor
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 112 Def / 112 SDef / 32 Spd
Adamant
- Substitute or fire punch
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head

Jirachi here helps for dishing out status' and for healing my wounded pokemon. Its best use is for supplying health to volcarona before it has even gone out, if there are stealth rocks so all the lost damage can be reclaimed.

Conclusions
This team is fairly weak to dragon types especially multiscale dragonite and gyrados. The team, like all HO teams is beaten by those niggling defensive and specially defensive walls but hopefully the team on the whole is able to overcome these problems.

But I really need help on the dragon types.

One last view
38.png
196.png
3.png
586.png
637.png
385.png

Last edited:

Quagsireking

I am the king!
Get a diffrent poke then scizor for steel. THe reason why is he get's torn to shreds in the sun. I'd suggest metagross.

Here is a set for him.

Metagross

careful/adamant
@leftovers/life orb
-252 SpD 252 Att 4 Hp
Moves-
Sleep talk
bullet punch
rest
earthquake/ice punch

This metagross is a sleep talker, and the ev's are so he can take a hit from a fire attack with somewhat more easr. He has bullet punch for priority stab which works great with the life orb. And ice punch is for your concern of dragons or earthquake for a strong attack that can hit most

Last edited:

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
So I should swap scizor for metagross then? The only problem then is that metagross has no way of setting up but the positives of being able to stop those pesky dragons do outweigh the negatives.

ashsinnoh

While not entirely dragon counter, Mamoswine would fit your team. I say, it would at least check a load of stuff. It also outspeeds Adamant Dragonite and KOs throught Multiscale with Icicle Spear. It also has good chance to KO Salamence, at least after rocks (that you lack), with Ice Shard. That said, it can also set up Stealth Rocks as they are higly welcome at HO teams. So I suggest either Lead Mamoswine or LO Mamoswine. That's all I guess. Pretty generic team, but keeps HO aspect. Hope I helped. Good luck

Gamefreak

Its not like Scizor can take a fire attack in neutral weather conditions with that EV spread. At least the Sun helps it takes water attacks more easily.

Psycho Cut

Hi Jhen, a few changes:

1) Use HP Rock on Volcarona: This allows you to demolish dragons and the like, stuff like Sp.Defensive Heatran will be handled in my next few changes

2) Use this spread on Sawsbuck: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd (Adamant). This maximises bulk whilst still allowing you to outspeed +2 Cloyster. Also, use Nature Power over Jump Kick. Nature Power, on PO, turns to Earthquake, which is much better than Jump Kick due to coverage and reliability. It also allows you to demolish Heatran, the ever-present danger to sun teams

3) As QK says, Scizor doesn't quite fit on this team, however a strong steel type is useful. Therefore, I suggest the following Jirachi:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Adamant
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head

Jirachi will provide some much-needed wish support for your team, as well as being a reliable switch-in to many dragons. The EVs allow you to make 101HP subs, and avoid the 2HKO from +1 Dragonite's Outrage and CB Scizor's U-turn. 32 Spd is for the usual speed creep, the rest dumped into SDefence.

McDanger

volcorona blows through this team with HP rock, fire is a problem as ninetales is the only solid resistor, switch scizor for heatran, still is steel and gets a boost from the sun
Heatran@air baloon/choice scarf
timid
252 sp attack/4sp def/252 speed
flash fire
-HP ice/grass
-fire blast/overheat
-earth power
-dragon pulse/flamethrower/stealth rock
if you add ran, switch volcorona for dragonite, less weak to rocks and fills the role of a priority revenge killer
dragonite@choice band
adamant
multi-scale
4 hp/252 attack/252 speed
-extreme speed
-earthquake
-outrage
-fire punch
gl with the team

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
While not entirely dragon counter, Mamoswine would fit your team. I say, it would at least check a load of stuff. It also outspeeds Adamant Dragonite and KOs throught Multiscale with Icicle Spear. It also has good chance to KO Salamence, at least after rocks (that you lack), with Ice Shard. That said, it can also set up Stealth Rocks as they are higly welcome at HO teams. So I suggest either Lead Mamoswine or LO Mamoswine. That's all I guess. Pretty generic team, but keeps HO aspect. Hope I helped. Good luck

I think the mamoswine could work but I think that I would rather go with another steel type as I would replace scizor with it if it were happening. Stealth rocks would also be a bonus though but I think I will stay without them on the team and just switch into espeon whenever a heatran leads, scamory/ferrothorn/tentacruel etc. turn up. I dont really need stealth rocks on the other side but if espeon can get some there then it would be an added bonus.
Its not like Scizor can take a fire attack in neutral weather conditions with that EV spread. At least the Sun helps it takes water attacks more easily.
Yeah thats the main problem with the scizor is that it doesnt take the fire attacks very well.
Hi Jhen, a few changes:

1) Use HP Rock on Volcarona: This allows you to demolish dragons and the like, stuff like Sp.Defensive Heatran will be handled in my next few changes

2) Use this spread on Sawsbuck: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd (Adamant). This maximises bulk whilst still allowing you to outspeed +2 Cloyster. Also, use Nature Power over Jump Kick. Nature Power, on PO, turns to Earthquake, which is much better than Jump Kick due to coverage and reliability. It also allows you to demolish Heatran, the ever-present danger to sun teams

3) As QK says, Scizor doesn't quite fit on this team, however a strong steel type is useful. Therefore, I suggest the following Jirachi:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Adamant
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head

Jirachi will provide some much-needed wish support for your team, as well as being a reliable switch-in to many dragons. The EVs allow you to make 101HP subs, and avoid the 2HKO from +1 Dragonite's Outrage and CB Scizor's U-turn. 32 Spd is for the usual speed creep, the rest dumped into SDefence.

Yep, I'll most likely go with 1 and 2 but I'll wait a bit longer on 3 as I'm gonna decide which of the three suggested steel types to go with as they all have their good and bad points(well not bad its just the others can do it better(ish))
volcorona blows through this team with HP rock, fire is a problem as ninetales is the only solid resistor, switch scizor for heatran, still is steel and gets a boost from the sun
Heatran@air baloon/choice scarf
timid
252 sp attack/4sp def/252 speed
flash fire
-HP ice/grass
-fire blast/overheat
-earth power
-dragon pulse/flamethrower/stealth rock
if you add ran, switch volcorona for dragonite, less weak to rocks and fills the role of a priority revenge killer
dragonite@choice band
adamant
multi-scale
4 hp/252 attack/252 speed
-extreme speed
-earthquake
-outrage
-fire punch
gl with the team
Now both of these are good in my opinion and if I were to switch volcarona out for dragonite (most likely) then I will need a special attacker steel type to fill the scizor space and the lack of a sp attacker as I want to keep the 2 phys and 2 specials. Then I would go with heatran as I believe would fare better than the metagross. Having said that the jirachi does appeal a lot with the added status stuff and health restoration which would help volcarona loads if there were stealth rocks around.

So its between jirachi and heatran for the scizor place and it kinda relies on whether I change volcarona for the dragonite.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Thinking of switching celebi for venasaur:
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

is that a better idea than the celebi????

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Thinking of switching celebi for venasaur:
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

is that a better idea than the celebi????
Definetly. Venusaur brings everything that Celebi did offensively, with double speed and a better boosting move!

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Ok done that venasaur thing now, so just one ideas please for who I should change the scizor for: heatran (then changing the volcarona for dragonite) or jirachi

Jackalacking

Greed the Avaricious
Jirachi. Use the suggested Ev spread given above however change substitute for fire punch. Gets sun boost and a chance of burning that's boosted by serene grace.

mewmewzapdos

The Defensive Pro
use hp ice for volcarna if u r scared of dragons

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Jirachi. Use the suggested Ev spread given above however change substitute for fire punch. Gets sun boost and a chance of burning that's boosted by serene grace.
Ok then I will probably will go with the jirachi and I think I will try with both sub and fire punch to see what works best
use hp ice for volcarna if u r scared of dragons
I'll stick with hp rock as I now have other methods of taking down dragons and rock gives me my rock coverage. I'm not scared of dragons generally it's just they are pretty solid to take down :)

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
On the issue of Fire Punch vs Substitute on Jirachi, I'd go with sub. This is a Sun Team, which means fire, and lots of it. That means you'll rarely need Jirachi to hit, for example, Scizor, with Fire Punch because you have so many checks and counters to it. Scizor's perhaps a bad example, because it'll often U-turn out, but you get what I'm on about. The same's true for Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Lucario, Celebi, Virizion etc, etc. Substitute has generally more uses, and it allows Jirachi to get around pokemon like Blissey, which Sun Teams generally have a weakness to.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Just a few notes on ninetails;

If it learns guard swap, I suggest that over power swap.
Reasoning: ninetails is a fairly frail Pokemon, while its offenses aren't amazing either, I'd rather have it tank a few hits, especially when you give it leftovers. Overheat would have to be changed though.

Otherwise I suggest you remove leftovers because it might not utilize them that amazingly.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
On the issue of Fire Punch vs Substitute on Jirachi, I'd go with sub. This is a Sun Team, which means fire, and lots of it. That means you'll rarely need Jirachi to hit, for example, Scizor, with Fire Punch because you have so many checks and counters to it. Scizor's perhaps a bad example, because it'll often U-turn out, but you get what I'm on about. The same's true for Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Lucario, Celebi, Virizion etc, etc. Substitute has generally more uses, and it allows Jirachi to get around pokemon like Blissey, which Sun Teams generally have a weakness to.
Cool

Just a few notes on ninetails;

If it learns guard swap, I suggest that over power swap.
Reasoning: ninetails is a fairly frail Pokemon, while its offenses aren't amazing either, I'd rather have it tank a few hits, especially when you give it leftovers. Overheat would have to be changed though.

Otherwise I suggest you remove leftovers because it might not utilize them that amazingly.
No, the point of power swap is to rid ninetails of the -2 sp atk it gains after overheating, it would be an attack like close combat with its defense losses for the use of guard swap like how I use power swap. I don't want to be using it for a lucky chance of either gaining attack and sp attack boostages (power swap) or the defense stats (guard swap), This requires luck of them setting up first for ninetails to gain the boosting. As I said before power swap is only there to rid ninetails of the -2 burden, but a switch from a setted up special attacker is only an added bonus. But if you could suggest a replacement for overheat then I would happily test it out on my team.

Also with leftovers could you suggest a suitable replacement for it as leftovers is doing fine at the moment.

Ilan

If it is a HO team you need a stealth rocker jirachi can use it and I would put something that doesn't use sun or counter rain like gastordon/virizion/kingdra so if you lose the weather war you can still win...

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
If it is a HO team you need a stealth rocker jirachi can use it and I would put something that doesn't use sun or counter rain like gastordon/virizion/kingdra so if you lose the weather war you can still win...
Stealth rocks would be a good idea especially when I may be facing a multiscale dragonite.
weather war counter.... hmmmmm .... kingdra is the only one that jumps out as a great option though not sure where it would go