• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I doubt we will see UBs so early in the series. Lusamine will probably appear sooner or later though but I don't expect her to show her true colors yet.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I doubt we will see UBs so early in the series. Lusamine will probably appear sooner or later though but I don't expect her to show her true colors yet.
I agree. It's way too early for the Ultra Beasts to appear or for Lusamine to show her true colors. I expect at some point, Ash will visit the Aether Paradise and meet Lusamine (and may or may not recognize her as Lillie's mother), and she will be as amiable as she was when you first meet her in the games. Ash won't suspect a thing.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's also entirely possible it's just an illustration and doesn't mean anything. Take it with a grain of salt, guys.

And yeah, if Lusamine is appearing anytime soon, I don't expect her to show her true colors. I don't know how they're going to pull it off, considering unlike Gladion, Lusamine looks exactly the same in that photo that she does in the present. Even Ash can't be so dumb he wouldn't recognize her from the photo.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It's also entirely possible it's just an illustration and doesn't mean anything. Take it with a grain of salt, guys.

And yeah, if Lusamine is appearing anytime soon, I don't expect her to show her true colors. I don't know how they're going to pull it off, considering unlike Gladion, Lusamine looks exactly the same in that photo that she does in the present. Even Ash can't be so dumb he wouldn't recognize her from the photo.

Its Ash. Calling him dumb is an understatement. Anyway, what I'm wondering about is how is Ash going to even go to AF in the first place. Will it be similar to the games where Faba finds him and takes him to AF? And I wonder how will they make sure Lillie doesn't visit the AF with Ash the first time.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

I don't remember Lusamine wearing a black-white dress in the games, and that crystal thing she has is different than the one she had in the games too. And she looks weird in that photo, like... her real age shows, if you pay attention. Or maybe, it's just me.

Still, it's a bit early to do the AF plot now. Wonder what they have planned, this is interesting.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
By the way, I just noticed Necrozma is present in that image.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The issue here is that maybe that image suggests Necrozma will appear in the anime and not a movie as everyone thought.

As 2017 will probably be gameless, what the hell are they going to do for M21?

SinnohEevee

The issue here is that maybe that image suggests Necrozma will appear in the anime and not a movie as everyone thought.

Maybe Game Freak would reveal a Gen 8 Mythical by then.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

If they go this route for Necrozma and the UBs, I can see M21 be about Cosmog, Cosmoem and Solgaleo/Lunala with the Tapus.

The thing with Gen 7 is that it uses almost all of its legendaries as part of its plot, so you can't really tell which legendaries will be kept for the movies or the anime, since they are all connected in a way or another (The Tapus have the mission to protect Cosmog until it evolves into Solgaleo/Lunala. The Tapus have battled UBs in the past. Type: Null/Silvally have been created to combat the UBs. Plus, Cosmog and its evolutions along with Necrozma are speculated to be UBs as well. See? All are connected. The only ones left out of the story are Magearna and Marshadow, this gen's Mythicals which are already covered.

Maybe Game Freak would reveal a Gen 8 Mythical by then.

Doubtful. GF never reveals next-Gen Mythicals only two years in. It's more likely we 'll have another Lucario case before next-Gen Mythicals come into play.

It's a mess, really. They should have M20 being about Ho-oh only, and reserve Marshadow for M21. There's not even an event for Marshadow in Sun and Moon, like a NPC to get info about the Pokémon etc. Maybe the rumors are right and Gen 7 will be for 2 years only then Gen 8 on Switch? Then again, in Gen 3, they had run out of Mythicals for the movies in 2004 and the ones for 2005 and 2006 focused on Gen 4, mixed with the remaining Gen 3 Legends. Are we getting a repeat of Gen 3? That would be great.

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

If they go this route for Necrozma and the UBs, I can see M21 be about Cosmog, Cosmoem and Solgaleo/Lunala with the Tapus.

The thing with Gen 7 is that it uses almost all of its legendaries as part of its plot, so you can't really tell which legendaries will be kept for the movies or the anime, since they are all connected in a way or another (The Tapus have the mission to protect Cosmog until it evolves into Solgaleo/Lunala. The Tapus have battled UBs in the past. Type: Null/Silvally have been created to combat the UBs. Plus, Cosmog and its evolutions along with Necrozma are speculated to be UBs as well. See? All are connected. The only ones left out of the story are Magearna and Marshadow, this gen's Mythicals which are already covered.

Doubtful. GF never reveals next-Gen Mythicals only two years in. It's more likely we 'll have another Lucario case before next-Gen Mythicals come into play.

It's a mess, really. They should have M20 being about Ho-oh only, and reserve Marshadow for M21. There's not even an event for Marshadow in Sun and Moon, like a NPC to get info about the Pokémon etc. Maybe the rumors are right and Gen 7 will be for 2 years only then Gen 8 on Switch? Then again, in Gen 3, they had run out of Mythicals for the movies in 2004 and the ones for 2005 and 2006 focused on Gen 4, mixed with the remaining Gen 3 Legends. Are we getting a repeat of Gen 3? That would be great.

M08 had Mew, and Gen III had Kanto remakes.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I suppose there's also the possibility that DP remakes/SM2/Stars/whatever will feature new forms of old mythicals, and they could have a movie focusing on that.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Don't forget about Eternal Flower Floette. Movie 21 might focus on it.
Game Freak removed Cosplay Pikachu, but they kept Eternal Flower Floette in SM.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think Cosmog, Cosmoem, and Solgaleo/Lunala will appear in the main anime, not in a movie. They are too integral to the plot (assuming the writers go with the games' plot, and as of right now, there is no reason to think they won't and a few reasons to think they might).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think Cosmog, Cosmoem, and Solgaleo/Lunala will appear in the main anime, not in a movie. They are too integral to the plot (assuming the writers go with the games' plot, and as of right now, there is no reason to think they won't and a few reasons to think they might).

I think Necrozma will get the focus in the anime with a handful of UB while Cosmog, Cosmoem and Solgaleo /Lunala and the rest of the UB's will appear in a movie. There are many reasons to think they might since the anime's plot seems to be heavily altered from the games, with a school setting, no trial captains, Lillie getting Vulpix. Furthermore, with the only mythical Marshadow already appearing in a movie, they need to find some way to make sure gen 7 movies last. I would love to be proved wrong though, but with the way things are going, this seems likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.