• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So how much longer until our anime exclusive rival? Or are we sticking with just Gladion

I don't think that will come until after this arc. Maybe if the Ula Ula arc takes place after this. Kukui plans on establishing the Pokemon League so maybe we will meet the "Sh..." trainer this time. Hopefully its a girl this time, something like Shion,

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So how much longer until our anime exclusive rival? Or are we sticking with just Gladion
I wouldn't be surprised if Gladion ends up being Ash's main rival this series, even if their rivalry remains more or less friendly. (How long has it been since Ash has had a rival based off a character from the games? Since Gary in Kanto/Johto?)

If we do get an anime-exclusive rival, he (or she, in the rare event the writers decide to give Ash a female rival this time) probably won't be introduced until after the Aether Foundation arc, closer to the founding of the Alola League. That would be rather late in the series, but it wouldn't be the first time the main rival was introduced late in the series.

DatsRight

Wonder who'll end up the 'dream crusher' this time. Alain was created purposely to make one that audiences would find likeable (even if he still ended up VERY divisive in that role). I wonder how they'll go about it this time.

Janovy

Banned
Wonder who'll end up the 'dream crusher' this time. Alain was created purposely to make one that audiences would find likeable (even if he still ended up VERY divisive in that role). I wonder how they'll go about it this time.
They can easily turn Gladion into the dream crusher.

Then again, they could make Ash the winner since Alola League is happening for the first time, and I doubt any of the challengers would be on Ash's level.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

They should just stick with Gladion... and Hau. There's too many cast members to introduce a completely original character and make us care about him, the game rivals are at least familiar.
There is no need for an anime exclusive rival. Just let Ash win the League and lose to Kahili or something.

Janovy

Banned

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This definitely show how worthless both mallow and Sophocles are as "main characters".

No, it just shows that Mallow and Sophocles don't have Z-Rings at the moment. Lillie is arguably there because she is the deuteragonist, and Lana, Kiawe, and Gladion are there most likely because they are Z-Ring users.

DatsRight

Sophociles would do fine if they developed on his tech, he's capable of a lot. I wanna see more times him studying the others' abilities comes in handy.

Mallow....I'm not too sure. Right now she's not really expanding a whole lot.

They are admittedly the two most redundant in getting Z Rings due to Ash's Pokemon (Kiawe is at least primarily a battler and introduced Ash to Z Moves in the first place).

Really I'd like them to develop the Z Move element more before they just give loads and loads of people Z Moves. I don't want to be nothing but some undeveloped power like in so many anime, where if you don't have it you can't keep up with the main competition. How about some cases it comes handy outside of battle. Be creative with it. THEN you have an excuse for more characters to have it.

Janovy

Banned
Still no future episode titles. :/

Maybe they're keeping it a secret on purpose?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I guess that means Lillie's going to be getting a Ring soon. Mallow and Sophocles don't need to get Rings to be useful. They can use their own wits to help out, not rely on the Z Ring as a crouch like Alan did.

Lol, what's Mallow gonna do, Double Slap Lusamine to death?? Girl couldn't even beat Meowth smh...Sophocles might be able to help with some tech but he's not gonna be too useful battling wise, unless Charjabug or Togedemaru receive some sort of big power boost.

DatsRight

Lol, what's Mallow gonna do, Double Slap Lusamine to death?? Girl couldn't even beat Meowth smh...Sophocles might be able to help with some tech but he's not gonna be too useful battling wise, unless Charjabug or Togedemaru receive some sort of big power boost.

The two Pokemon at least work well as a power source boosted with Z Moves, not to mention they've shown lots of support utilities (eg. Togedemaru using Discharge to protect people off field). That's what I like about Sophociles' lot, while they're not developed battlers, it feels like he is creative in how they are used otherwise. Of course if Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt on the other hand...

Steenee feels like something is MEANT to be there with her, but it's not got a lot of spotlight. The best I can think of is using her leaves to fan off Polosand and Sweet Scent on a couple of occasions, but not a whole lot of use into Mallow's agenda.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The two Pokemon at least work well as a power source boosted with Z Moves, not to mention they've shown lots of support utilities (eg. Togedemaru using Discharge to protect people off field). That's what I like about Sophociles' lot, while they're not developed battlers, it feels like he is creative in how they are used otherwise. Of course if Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt on the other hand...

Steenee feels like something is MEANT to be there with her, but it's not got a lot of spotlight. The best I can think of is using her leaves to fan off Polosand and Sweet Scent on a couple of occasions, but not a whole lot of use into Mallow's agenda.

Which is fine but they're gonna need firepower against Lusamine and Ultrabeasts, like if it was just Mallow and Sophocles alone, they'd be screwed. Even Serena of all people could semi defend herself if need be.

DatsRight

Which is fine but they're gonna need firepower against Lusamine and Ultrabeasts, like if it was just Mallow and Sophocles alone, they'd be screwed. Even Serena of all people could semi defend herself if need be.

Not really. She was heavily supported in the Flare arc and against other villains like Team Rocket they just at one point decided she could now curb stomp them all the time with the same experience she had before. Whenever that didn't happen DEMs occurred and they were just treated like an accomplishment on her part. Several other trainers got the same treatment.

They could do that with Mallow and Sophociles just as easily, if not more so because they have more defined abilities (Steenee suffered badass decay against TR second time round though). I mean it would be cheap as hell, but looking at the Oranguru episode, they have no problems still considering plot driven wins 'development' for the trainer, like they have many many MANY times before.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I wonder why there are no future episode titles? When are we due to get some?
We expected to get some with the new release of PokeFan, but the magazine only covers the next episode. So who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.