• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
I think Mallow should get Ride Pokemon (or catch some Pokemon and use them as Ride Pokemon) to use them for delivering food to other islands of Alola and collect different nectars like that yellow nectar she got. Anybody agree?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I just hope the girls do something of importance and get 2nd Pokemon. Especially Mallow. She's barely done anything this whole saga.

DatsRight

Right now the girls all just need a Pokemon to:

1. Branch out their actual goal or development arc.

2. Make them more useful in standard dilemmas and episodes.

Basically a Pokemon whose attributes give them more character agency and offer some sort of involvement for their trainer that compliments their niches. I don't want a capture for the sake of one, they may as well just develop their current Pokemon over that.

Let's say Mallow got a Ribombee, which would not only add a new twist to her cooking agenda and possibly make it easier to limelight, but would also potentially make her more useful in climaxes where Pokemon are injured and a 'healer' Pokemon is required.

It's hard to say what they have planned for Lana right now, she comes off as adventurous and maybe leaning into performer ambitions. Dewpider could have played on her bubble affinity but they seem to have turned that down for the time being. Lillie would likely suit a Pokemon with practical abilities to fit her 'smart girl' role and likely have some sort of chemistry with Snowy, maybe another 'baby' Pokemon so she has to deal with them competing with each other.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Right now the girls all just need a Pokemon to:

1. Branch out their actual goal or development arc.

2. Make them more useful in standard dilemmas and episodes.

Basically a Pokemon whose attributes give them more character agency and offer some sort of involvement for their trainer that compliments their niches. I don't want a capture for the sake of one, they may as well just develop their current Pokemon over that.

Let's say Mallow got a Ribombee, which would not only add a new twist to her cooking agenda and possibly make it easier to limelight, but would also potentially make her more useful in climaxes where Pokemon are injured and a 'healer' Pokemon is required.

It's hard to say what they have planned for Lana right now, she comes off as adventurous and maybe leaning into performer ambitions. Dewpider could have played on her bubble affinity but they seem to have turned that down for the time being. Lillie would likely suit a Pokemon with practical abilities to fit her 'smart girl' role and likely have some sort of chemistry with Snowy, maybe another 'baby' Pokemon so she has to deal with them competing with each other.
You've got great suggestions. I want the girls to have more prominence in this saga.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I wouldn't mind seeing Mallow recruit Kartana to her team/restaurant. It can slice and dice with the best of them and would be a great help for her restaurant. It also has a lot of potential humor in the restaurant setting as well.

DatsRight

Kartana could work being a Grass type and also conveniently small.

It's also perfect for the anime's usual inconsistent power levels since Kartana has amazing physical stats but pitiful special stats.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Kartana could work being a Grass type and also conveniently small.

It's also perfect for the anime's usual inconsistent power levels since Kartana has amazing physical stats but pitiful special stats.
I don't that the main cast will catch any more Ultra Beasts. It will make Ash's Poipole feel less special.

DatsRight

I'd rather they not go the 'special snowflake' route with Ash's team again anyway. Making his Pokemon species and powers all unique and everyone else's generic seems more a superficial way to make him look better as trainer when it's really his captures. If they want Poipole to look special they can make its usage stand out.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd rather they not go the 'special snowflake' route with Ash's team again anyway. Making his Pokemon species and powers all unique and everyone else's generic seems more a superficial way to make him look better as trainer when it's really his captures. If they want Poipole to look special they can make its usage stand out.
Yeah. He's got two starters, a rare form, and an Ultra Beast. Ash has only caught special Pokemon this whole saga.

DatsRight

Generally the only thing they've been indiscriminate about so far are the Z Moves (I mean Ash still has MOST of them, but being a more diverse team that's taking the trials, that makes sense).

DatsRight

It just seems very odd the companions are getting so little focus. Lillie I can buy into because she got an arc to herself, and Kiawe is getting something down the line with the league, which only leaves me further convinced the other companions will get SOMETHING but it's just not been revealed yet. They've already hinted to a potential arc with Sophocles when they get round to the observatory.

If they really didn't want to bother with the companions this series they genuinely could have just advertised it as Ash centric, but they've plugged in five other main characters this time.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
I wouldn't mind seeing Mallow recruit Kartana to her team/restaurant. It can slice and dice with the best of them and would be a great help for her restaurant. It also has a lot of potential humor in the restaurant setting as well.
What about Grovyle/Sceptile? Both of them can use Leaf Blade so both of them could slice and dice. She could also just catch a Grovyle and evolve it.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What about Grovyle/Sceptile? Both of them can use Leaf Blade so both of them could slice and dice. She could also just catch a Grovyle and evolve it.
I've seen enough of that line, from Ash in AG and from Sawyer in XY.

DatsRight

It's a shame they didn't use the opportunity in Akala to give her a Fomantis, another perfect Leaf Blade Pokemon. Her capturing one wouldn't necessarily have been her 'interfering' with Ash's Grassium Z trial.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
It's a shame they didn't use the opportunity in Akala to give her a Fomantis, another perfect Leaf Blade Pokemon. Her capturing one wouldn't necessarily have been her 'interfering' with Ash's Grassium Z trial.
She could still catch a Fomantis. Anyways, I hope she catches Cutiefly/Ribombee. I hope she gets Fairium Z from Mina. It could be like that Mina is just giving out Z-Crystals like in the SM games but Mallow awakens her battle spirit or interest in battles/trials or saying something like you should work hard to earn something instead of just giving out the reward or something like that. Then Mallow could battle the Totem Ribombee or Mina herself earning herself a Fairium Z. She could get the Z-Ring/Z-Power Ring from someone. That is if Mina exists in the anime, though. They could do that that there would be no Island Kahuna on Poni Island as of then so a person would be looking after the trial called a Trial Captain. That could be a nice way to introduce Trial Captains in the anime and maybe, one of the Ash's Friends could get inspired to become a Trial Captain.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

She really should have, she's a trial captain from that island too. And her not receiving anything while Lana got two things(UNFAIRLY) and Kiawe got a Marowak was just dumb. Especially as Soph is obviously getting a Vikavolt once we get an Ula'Ula episode with Molayne

I do hope Mallow gets a second Pokemon, she needs a new capture more than any of the girls. Given she'll probably end up the only girl without a z-ring. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.