• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
TR are confirmed to have Ekans and Koffing in their team again in Let's Go. Think we might get some more nods to their old Pokemon in the series?

I really do hope they stay released.
Unless they start allowing the TRio to actually take more than just Wobbuffett into each region I don't see the point of bringing back Arbok and Weezing just to lose them again in less than a year. Catching new Pokemon would be better, especially for James as he seems cursed to only ever have one Pokemon at a time nowadays....

Not to mention if those two return, then it really will be ridiculous how Pidgeot and Primeape haven't returned yet.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
A part of me hopes Gary gets to reappear in some Battle Tree inspired episode where him and Ash get some type of battle as the "opening ceremony" due to being popular for their achievements and classic rivalry. I'm not a fan of Gary but it'd be a nice premise of an episode that will probably not happen

Jezrocket

I really do hope they stay released.
Unless they start allowing the TRio to actually take more than just Wobbuffett into each region I don't see the point of bringing back Arbok and Weezing just to lose them again in less than a year. Catching new Pokemon would be better, especially for James as he seems cursed to only ever have one Pokemon at a time nowadays....

Not to mention if those two return, then it really will be ridiculous how Pidgeot and Primeape haven't returned yet.

Arbok and Weezing had a good closure. As a fan I feel that there is absolutely no need to make them reappear. But .... Mime Jr, Carnivine and Seviper are still in the headquarter without any cameo or mention despite their very strong bond with their trainers ! If a pokemon has to return, it's definitely Mime Jr

DatsRight

The problem is that only Gen 1 and 7 Pokemon are being promoted right now, otherwise I'd be all for James getting back Chimecho and Cacnea who were also left hanging plot wise.

As much as I'd like James to have a mascot again, the only reason I can see that Mime Jr might come back right now is if it evolves into Mr Mime, and I see it more likely Delia's Mimey keeps cameoing for that bit of exposure for the Pokemon.

Zoruagible

A part of me hopes Gary gets to reappear in some Battle Tree inspired episode where him and Ash get some type of battle as the "opening ceremony" due to being popular for their achievements and classic rivalry. I'm not a fan of Gary but it'd be a nice premise of an episode that will probably not happen

I hope they just bring back Gary in general, it's been 10 years since we've seen him. He's part of the OS too, same with Tracey but both were practically ignored and didn't get a single mention in the Kanto episodes! Which was even more of a disgrace for Tracey considering he lives at Oak's!

I think it's a real missed opportunity not bringing Gary back to be Ash's teacher

Arbok and Weezing had a good closure. As a fan I feel that there is absolutely no need to make them reappear. But .... Mime Jr, Carnivine and Seviper are still in the headquarter without any cameo or mention despite their very strong bond with their trainers ! If a pokemon has to return, it's definitely Mime Jr

They better bring all the HQ Pokemon back whenever they plan to write the TRio off.....
But yeah, Mime Jr should come back out of anyone. It'd be lovely if Cacnea's brought back if we get a Sinnoh BF arc next saga though.

The problem is that only Gen 1 and 7 Pokemon are being promoted right now, otherwise I'd be all for James getting back Chimecho and Cacnea who were also left hanging plot wise.

As much as I'd like James to have a mascot again, the only reason I can see that Mime Jr might come back right now is if it evolves into Mr Mime, and I see it more likely Delia's Mimey keeps cameoing for that bit of exposure for the Pokemon.

Yeah, Delia is why I never see Mime Jr evolving. Plus Mr Mime is....... Mr Mime isn't cute like Mime Jr is, quite the opposite really. If Mime Jr came back, he'd stay a Mime Jr.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I hope they just bring back Gary in general, it's been 10 years since we've seen him. He's part of the OS too, same with Tracey but both were practically ignored and didn't get a single mention in the Kanto episodes! Which was even more of a disgrace for Tracey considering he lives at Oak's!

I think it's a real missed opportunity not bringing Gary back to be Ash's teacher

They better bring all the HQ Pokemon back whenever they plan to write the TRio off.....
But yeah, Mime Jr should come back out of anyone. It'd be lovely if Cacnea's brought back if we get a Sinnoh BF arc next saga though.

Yeah, Delia is why I never see Mime Jr evolving. Plus Mr Mime is....... Mr Mime isn't cute like Mime Jr is, quite the opposite really. If Mime Jr came back, he'd stay a Mime Jr.
I agree, Mime Jr don't need evolve. IMO Mr Mime is UGLY

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:

Shigeru showing up again would be swell, although I would worry about him possibly being downgraded in SM and him ending up as a less serious version of his old self.

Zoruagible

I agree, Mime Jr don't need evolve. IMO Mr Mime is UGLY

I don't think there's need for there to be any doubt
If Mime Jr came back, he'd probably be around full time again. And Mr. Mime completely loses the cute factor Mime Jr possesses, and would lead to a drastic change in their personality/behavior too.

Unlike if Cacnea/Mareanie evolved, they'd both basically be the same. Mime Jr's personality just wouldn't work with Mr. Mime

Last edited:

Ignition

I'll say this: I'm not exactly Lillie's biggest fan. As of the Snowshrew episode, she's been growing on me. I'm still against her growth in the Ultra Space arc, but I admit her character's determination is respectable. I've been rewatching the SM anime to notice things I usually wouldn't and she's the main part of that. I'm expecting her next focus episode about her future which will tie in with her Icium Z. Hoping it sells me on her character

D

Deleted member 384931

Well, idk how long the Necrozma arc will take, but afterwards Ash HAS to catch a new pokémon! How long will it take until the Necrozma Arc is done you think?

Ignition

Well, idk how long the Necrozma arc will take, but afterwards Ash HAS to catch a new pokémon! How long will it take until the Necrozma Arc is done you think?
Definitely by September. Villan arcs aren't that long, plus SM has an unfortunate habit of rushing. We also have many plot lines to wrap up as SM has slightly over a year left until Gen 8 comes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that SM rushes its villainous subplots is kind of vexing since I'd rather have the villains stay working in the shadows much longer. Assuming that Guzma shows up soon, he'll be lucky to get a half dozen appearances at this rate.

DatsRight

Shigeru showing up again would be swell, although I would worry about him possibly being downgraded in SM and him ending up as a less serious version of his old self.

Or he'll just end up like his original self driving around in a flashy ten-year + licensed car with a dozen cheerleaders. He'll probably also have at least six undiscovered Z Crystals. :p

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
As Bourgain aka Viren, is showing to be a recurring antagonist, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually enters the league. Seems like he tries to enter everywhere where he can make fame and business so, it might be a rival to Kiawe or Ash and one of them (hopes for Kiawe) defeats him.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
As Bourgain aka Viren, is showing to be a recurring antagonist, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually enters the league. Seems like he tries to enter everywhere where he can make fame and business so, it might be a rival to Kiawe or Ash and one of them (hopes for Kiawe) defeats him.

Or maybe he'll sponsor one of the competitors at the league.

Remix2

I don’t know why they’re rushing the necrozma arc when they can just show off the last ubs and save necrozma until the new season.

DatsRight

I find myself kinda enjoying Bourgain's appearances since while he's recurring, it feels like they space out and actually put enough effort into his appearances compared to Team Rocket/Skull and Faba, who in spite of having personalities, still just feel like quick plot devices/punching bags with no real chemistry with the twerps. Kiawe and Ash have already demonstrated more recognition to Bourgain's character than they have any of those by just his third episode. Plus Bourgain feels powerful enough to be threatening in his role, he's a self serving businessman who keeps threatening the peaceful civility between people and Pokemon in Alola, more than just a nuisance that can be easily swatted away.

I'd love if Bourgain targetted the twerps' personal agendas again. Maybe he'd try to expand his hotel business over Mallow's restaurant or his implied plans to build a baseball stadium would spark interest from Kiawe or Lana.

I don't get the dub name Viren though, Bourgain was already a decent English pun that fit for a kooky money obsessed antagonist.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don’t know why they’re rushing the necrozma arc when they can just show off the last ubs and save necrozma until the new season.

We don't even know how many episodes are left in this arc and there is zero indication that Ultra Necrozma or the three remaining UBs are going to appear in it.

Stop claiming things are happening when there's no actual evidence leaning towards it.

I don't get the dub name Viren though, Bourgain was already a decent English pun that fit for a kooky money obsessed antagonist.

Bourgain (Burugan) = Elekible (Erekiburu). Viren = Electivire.

Status
Not open for further replies.