• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Lol btw how would Misty react if she met XY Ash?

I dont think it would mattered much she did mild down towards him toards the end of johto, i am more intrigued how would iris react to XY ash, would she still call him a kid.

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont think it would mattered much she did mild down towards him toards the end of johto, i am more intrigued how would iris react to XY ash, would she still call him a kid.
Hmm. And I still find it strange that they let turn a companion in each saga, except Kalos.

DatsRight

I can't help but feel that Misty and Iris would actually be insecure around XY Ash. He always felt like their little stress ball for their own personal frustrations as trainers, the guy they could mock and lecture, and take pleasure in the fact at least they were smarter and saner than that guy (yeah, it wasn't ALWAYS like that, but still OS/BW Ash was often dumber than them at face value and the times he wasn't you could see their pride singed hard). XY Ash on the other hand was FAR more mature and confident than either of them, if anything they would have looked like childish little clowns placed next to him.

Hell even against SM Ash, who was way more childlike, they had to give back a little of his hubris just so they had a bit of their old chemistry again, outside of that the battle was Misty getting smug and severely underestimating Ash.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I'd be worried about Hau being a complete scatter brain but I realize it's impossible to get worse than Cameron

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I can't help but feel that Misty and Iris would actually be insecure around XY Ash. He always felt like their little stress ball for their own personal frustrations as trainers, the guy they could mock and lecture, and take pleasure in the fact at least they were smarter and saner than that guy (yeah, it wasn't ALWAYS like that, but still OS/BW Ash was often dumber than them at face value and the times he wasn't you could see their pride singed hard). XY Ash on the other hand was FAR more mature and confident than either of them, if anything they would have looked like childish little clowns placed next to him.

Hell even against SM Ash, who was way more childlike, they had to give back a little of his hubris just so they had a bit of their old chemistry again, outside of that the battle was Misty getting smug and severely underestimating Ash.

Well the writers usually tweak of all Ash’s companions to bounce off of him. Since SM Ash wasn’t as immature and egotistical as OS Ash, Misty was tweaked to bounce off of him. Even in her AG cameos, they tweaked her a little to bounce off of that version of Ash. Honestly I’m glad Ash doesn’t have the same personality as XY Ash because I found him to be kind of bland and I don’t want the writers to make Misty bland for the dynamic. I prefer the roasting or silliness or whatever.

DatsRight

I always thought it was vice versa, they had different companions with reasonably consistent personalities each series, so Ash's personality was often tweaked every series to work off of them, with subtlety or not so.

Brock and Team Rocket remained stagnant for the large part, and thus slowly became artefacts.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
I'd be worried about Hau being a complete scatter brain but I realize it's impossible to get worse than Cameron

I think Hau being dopey is a given if the games and SM's style are any indication. I just hope the guy can balance it out with a good team of Pokemon.

Ignition

I think Hau being dopey is a given if the games and SM's style are any indication. I just hope the guy can balance it out with a good team of Pokemon.
I'm certainly expecting him to be dopey. I'm just hoping he's not "dunce who's actually pretty powerful"

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm definitely expecting Hau to be the happy-go-lucky type and I don't we'll see him being sad too often. Realistically, he will get serious at times, but the more jolly times will simply outweigh the more serious and sadder times.

DatsRight

I'm sort of wondering where that could be placed given they basically given Ash the same personality, unless it becomes an actual point that they act so similar.

The biggest difference is that Hau is less experienced than Ash and has more of a blatant insecure side.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
He'd be very similar in Ash in a lot of ways anyway. Except for the malasadas of course but Hau could encourage Ash to like them any day.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That is my problem with Satoshi as he shared same personality as hau .
Unless Pokemon anime show change hau or Satoshi's personality which i am seriously doubt that but it is possibly still in the air though.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Unless Pokemon anime show change hau or Satoshi's personality which i am seriously doubt that but it is possibly still in the air though.

OR they go the USUM route with Hau's character, where he starts off a goofball like Ash and slowly turns into a bad ass that is about to kick someone a new one for stealing his masalada.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well at least they could work with the fact that Hau loves his malasadas so much. I wouldn't mind them having a similar personality but his love for malasadas would definitely separate him out from Ash. Maybe we'll see him buy bags of malassadas every couple of episodes.

Ignition

This is my issue as well. Him becoming some rushed badass sounds like something the anime would do. It failed to make him interesting in USUM so I doubt it'll be done well here w/o something being rushed

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This is my issue as well. Him becoming some rushed badass sounds like something the anime would do. It failed to make him interesting in USUM so I doubt it'll be done well here w/o something being rushed
It's just so hard to change his personality with progression because no one would expect him to be unhappy. It just fits too well with the vibes of what SM is meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.