• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

just wondering, but how does everyone feel about the anime right now. I'm not the only one that thinks Lillie has got decent character development in this anime right?
And even her development slacked off after the Aether arc.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I feel like Lana is going to get a lot of focus in the last year. Maybe Kiawe too since he's going to be in the league.
I highly doubt she's getting that much focus. She's probably only getting one or two episodes at the very most.
Kiawe might but I doubt the league will be anything big and there is a chance that there won't be many battles that are over 3 vs 3 matches .

DatsRight

just wondering, but how does everyone feel about the anime right now. I'm not the only one that thinks Lillie has got decent character development in this anime right?

I think a fair few characters have gotten subtle but effective bits of character development, just not nearly as dynamic and blatant as in previous series. They're kind of 'working up in the background' things you appreciate after taking a look back.

Ash has been adapting to a very different approach to his journey, and well as realising to better compromise it according to other team members (eg. the AF arc, Rotom's leaving fake out). His Pokemon are also by far the most dynamic, with Lycanroc and Torracat in particular gaining character arcs.

Kiawe has been shown learning to adapt out of a comfort zone he and Turtonator got equipped to, largely by making the latter more versatile and becoming more confident using his new capture Marowak (eg. the switch-up episode, Marowak's debut and Z Move learn episodes).

Sophocles and Lillie both seem less of close ins as a result of getting new Pokemon and bonding with them alongside the other companions.

Mallow and Lana are probably the most static in terms of actual personality, though I suppose Lana might get something now she has a new Pokemon.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

That's why I wish they'd make her take a seat and let Kiawe, Mallow, and Soph do something.

Heck Mallow and Soph never did get an Ultra Beast capture....

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I was watching EP009 of the OS series, the episode with Giselle and the Pokemon School. Giselle was a student there and she said that, those who graduate from the Pokemon School can directly enter the Pokemon League without badges, because the graduation is equal to 8 badges.
Maybe something similar might happen in SM? Maybe that's why Kiawe has not done the other Grand Trials.
But if that happens that means that also Lillie, Lana, Soph and Mallow will all be allowed to enter.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I was watching EP009 of the OS series, the episode with Giselle and the Pokemon School. Giselle was a student there and she said that, those who graduate from the Pokemon School can directly enter the Pokemon League without badges, because the graduation is equal to 8 badges.
Maybe something similar might happen in SM? Maybe that's why Kiawe has not done the other Grand Trials.
But if that happens that means that also Lillie, Lana, Soph and Mallow will all be allowed to enter.

Even if the writers remembered that ancient episode, what does it matter to them? Even if they're eligible, they have no interest in it.

Second, that's something from the show's beginning. I doubt a lot of the stuff from back then even applies anymore.

D

Deleted member 384931

But that would mean that Gladion and Hau would not appear at the league

D

Deleted member 384931

How do you think that Ash will graduate? Since we don't know nothing about it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Also, that applies to that specific school, which was called Pokémon Tech

Lightning Bolt

Now we know Ash will battle Gladion soon. I hope there's some good team change for him. Also with the research project, we may get Brionne and Vikavolt as well as a Z Ring for Lillie. I don't expect any development for Mallow and Kiawe but they are welcome. The preview didn't show much tbh just a clash between Lycanroc. Gladion with a Dragonium Z may inspire Ash to get one like he did with Rockium Z. Hapu seems nice tho

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well, there you go Plumeria fans, she'll debut in SM104. Maybe another certain bad guy could still show up.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Plumeria is making her debut in SM104. The question is when Guzma will make his debut, you can’t forget about your boi, writers!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
With Plumeria showing up, that implies a Team Skull related arc, possibly.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as Galactic, Plasma (post-earthquake), and Flare all took around 90-100 episodes before they became main antagonists.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Except there was some (good) foreshadowing for something big with these teams. I doubt it'll be the case for Team Skull, but have Plumeria finally stepping in it's a true bless.

It isn't Guzma, and assuming he could not appear (doubtful, but not impossible), I'm fine if Plumeria does assume as Team Skull's leader for this. Maybe representing the Skulls at the league, everything is game. I'm sure glad for someone really interesting appearing by this point than for the last trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.